New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

9th Calgary Headfi Meet! Sept 8 2013 - Page 5  

post #61 of 125
I will be there. Its all planned for me to be there. Unless a curve ball is thrown my way. So how do you get to where this place is??
post #62 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headphonejunky View Post

I will be there. Its all planned for me to be there. Unless a curve ball is thrown my way. So how do you get to where this place is??

Go here to find the U of C interactive map - choose the EDC building and room 152 and you'll get a detailed map of where the room is.

 

http://www.ucalgary.ca/map/interactive

 

As for parking at the U of C, I would suggest the lot highlighted in green on the picture below. The main roads in the picture are 24th Ave. NW along the bottom of the picture, and Crowchild Trail NW along the right edge of the picture. The room (EDC152) is in the Education Classroom block and is shown in the red rectangle.

 

 

post #63 of 125

The Calgary community is long over due for an audio meet.  It is nice to see one being organized.  I do have some bad news.  From Sunday morning into the afternoon I am attending another event and will not be showing up at the meet until after 14:30.  As a result, I will not be brining my gear.  That is something I truly look forward to doing at a future meet.  It will still be nice to pop in and visit with some of you who I have met in the past meets.

 

See you all next Sunday.

post #64 of 125
I am coming from Edmonton. I could bring my Mad Dogs latest version and Fiio e17 but since there are already Mad Dogs gonna be there I will probably not bring them. I also have 1964 Ears v6 but since they are customs no one can try them.

Mainly I want to audition the high end Hifiman and Sennheisers to find if they are for me. Bought a condo with my girlfriend and will have to invest in an end-game pair of headphones cause I have already had hd650s and k701s in the past so it is time to move up
post #65 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzkammer View Post

I am coming from Edmonton. I could bring my Mad Dogs latest version and Fiio e17 but since there are already Mad Dogs gonna be there I will probably not bring them. I also have 1964 Ears v6 but since they are customs no one can try them.

Mainly I want to audition the high end Hifiman and Sennheisers to find if they are for me. Bought a condo with my girlfriend and will have to invest in an end-game pair of headphones cause I have already had hd650s and k701s in the past so it is time to move up

I'll gladly let you try out my HE-500's ;)

post #66 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by semaj8james View Post

Easy. Just call in 'sick'. Jokes aside, it'd be nice to have as many people as possible come out.

LOL. I actually asked and I got sometime off. It's pretty sweet. Though now I'll be later than the start time. :/

post #67 of 125

Oh and just in case people care, I'm practically a rookie at this stuff; a noob if you will. I have tried out the hd600 once but thats it. The best headphones I own are the UE6000 (which I will be bringing with me) so yeah. I look forward to seeing better equipment.

post #68 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimShadyMJ View Post

Oh and just in case people care, I'm practically a rookie at this stuff; a noob if you will. I have tried out the hd600 once but thats it. The best headphones I own are the UE6000 (which I will be bringing with me) so yeah. I look forward to seeing better equipment.

 

SlimshadyMJ

 

Welcome,

it is always good to try out other headphones first before making your first big purchase,

 

 

the best for you to do is,, to bring in some of your own music  ( USB drive or SD card, so you can try out others gear with your own music.

post #69 of 125

im on the same boat as you slimshady, this will be the first meet im going to. I want to sell my ue900's and keep the sm3 instead so if anyone is interested before or after the meet, let me know! Also if anyone can lend a pair of silicone tips which fit the 2mm nozzle of sm3 that would be great, I use triple flanges which isnt for everyone, and foams would be unhygenic

post #70 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzkammer View Post

I am coming from Edmonton. I could bring my Mad Dogs latest version and Fiio e17 but since there are already Mad Dogs gonna be there I will probably not bring them. I also have 1964 Ears v6 but since they are customs no one can try them.

Mainly I want to audition the high end Hifiman and Sennheisers to find if they are for me. Bought a condo with my girlfriend and will have to invest in an end-game pair of headphones cause I have already had hd650s and k701s in the past so it is time to move up
Im coming from edmonton to
post #71 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie C View Post

im on the same boat as you slimshady, this will be the first meet im going to. I want to sell my ue900's and keep the sm3 instead so if anyone is interested before or after the meet, let me know! Also if anyone can lend a pair of silicone tips which fit the 2mm nozzle of sm3 that would be great, I use triple flanges which isnt for everyone, and foams would be unhygenic
I have extra tips at the store but they are typically used for our monster, and atomic floyd earbuds. I can bring them but no guarantee they will fit.
post #72 of 125

Thanks for your reply! but those fit larger diameter nozzles compared to the earsonics, which is same diameter as shure

post #73 of 125
I'll be bringing an assortment of tips and some alcohol wipes for my Shure SE215 and SE530. You're welcome to use them while I'm there but I may have to leave the meet early due to a prior family engagement.

Dale
post #74 of 125
I just got the Fiio X3 in if anyone wants to bring some music to put on it and try out, the Fiio E12, and Fiio E7 that i can also bring with me. My HIFIM8 is on order and wont have until october so that will not be joining me.
post #75 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headphonejunky View Post

I just got the Fiio X3 in if anyone wants to bring some music to put on it and try out, the Fiio E12, and Fiio E7 that i can also bring with me. My HIFIM8 is on order and wont have until october so that will not be joining me.
Damn I was hoping to be the cool kid on the block hoping to own the only X3 in Calgary. More the merrier I guees biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked