Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ocharaku Flat4-Kuro (玄) appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ocharaku Flat4-Kuro (玄) appreciation thread - Page 5

post #61 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by utdeep View Post

Wow. That doesn't sync up with my experiences at all.

I agree that there are small differences, but I'm hearing the opposite of what you are hearing.

Kuro has more bass and it extends deeper. It's the most noticeable difference to me on all music. Decay seems to be about the same.

I could agree that Kaede has richer sound, but feels brighter to my ears.

Ignoring price points, I feel like they're two different expressions of the same signature.

I found sibilance at exactly the same points in the same songs with both IEMs. My sibilance test includes the following tracks: Bleed it Out by Linkin Park, This Sweet Love by James Yuil. They are both a brutal experience with the Ocharakus.


Could be the sources we are using, or that we hear things differently.

 

I was also A-B'ing with acoustic music. I have to go to bed, but I'll try using club or electronic music as a comparison.

post #62 of 168
I should really get that Chesky album. You're right... this is not an apples to apples comparison.
post #63 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

 I... hope that there's a 901% difference between the Kuro and SUI, but that there's no difference to be found whatsoever between SUI and Kaede, lest some overzealous avian onlookers start to get a lil "cocky."

 

Hmm… "cocky" overzealous avian onlookers? How can a sparrow whose life revolves around depression, grumpiness & ailments ever be "cocky"?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by utdeep View Post

Argh... That musicn00b_fadfanboy_4321 (scientific name headphoneus supremeus) will wave his FOTM at us and tell us to go get an AKG3003.
Kuro forever! I plan to use my Kaede as firewood next weekend but I'm concerned that the brightness would confuse nearby aircraft


Oh dear, spelling (and memory) problems still. One of the benefits of very old age is patience — so here you have, once more, my name (along with the scientific one) spelled correctly: musicn00b_FADfanboy_4321 & Headphoneus Supremus. Capitalising, FYI, among other things, is a sign of respect, respect, in this instance, for your elders. I'm afraid being The Eternal Newbie isn't doing you any good.

 

Now, if serious incoherence, slow & bloated bass and atrocious treble spikes (now also apparently including pretty grainy treble) are your thing, then yes, I highly recommend the K3003s over any of the F4s.


Edited by music_4321 - 7/8/13 at 2:48am
post #64 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

Hmm… "cocky" overzealous avian onlookers? How can a sparrow whose life revolves around depression, grumpiness & ailments ever be "cocky"?

frown.gif



...


:l



...


smily_headphones1.gif

Oh and I just got KURO in yesterday. Kinda drifted in and out of consciousness as I was listenin to it but uh... This phone is pretty sweet. Between all the FAD and G-2 goodness, I forgot how alluring and stunning the F-4 series have been
post #65 of 168
Thread Starter 

And hopefully, always be.

post #66 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

 

Hmm… "cocky" overzealous avian onlookers? How can a sparrow whose life revolves around depression, grumpiness & ailments ever be "cocky"?

 

musicn00b_FADfanboy_4321 & Headphoneus Supremus. Capitalising, FYI, among other things, is a sign of respect, respect, in this instance, for your elders. I'm afraid being The Eternal Newbie isn't doing you any good.

 

 

 

I think musicn00b_FADfanboy_4321_TEARDENIER is much more appropriate. For sure.

 

 

Now, if serious incoherence, slow & bloated bass and atrocious treble spikes (now also apparently including pretty grainy treble) are your thing, then yes, I highly recommend the K3003s over any of the F4s.

 

 

I'm not (so) sure this is the case, given some of your recent posts. Please correct, if I'm wrong.

post #67 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post

 

I think musicn00b_FADfanboy_4321_TEARDENIER is much more appropriate. For sure.

 

  :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post

 

I'm not (so) sure this is the case, given some of your recent posts. Please correct, if I'm wrong.

 

Still the case (on the whole) for me, but (at least) the KAEDE is a hell of a great phone, certainly among the very, very best I've heard.

post #68 of 168
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

 

  :)

 

 

Still the case (on the whole) for me, but (at least) the KAEDE is a hell of a great phone, certainly among the very, very best I've heard.

music: I'm very glad to have you on board here. I can't remember if our opinions have 'clashed' before or not. They have: regarding custom earphones. I respect your angle though; and as for taste, we seem to enjoy similar-sounding earphones/headphones. 

post #69 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

 

  :)

 

 

Still the case (on the whole) for me, but (at least) the KAEDE is a hell of a great phone, certainly among the very, very best I've heard.


Hello Music_4321,

 

I do not know if you said before, but was is you preferred source with the Kaede ? (And do not mention any sub 1k$ aparatus as they do not deserve the name of source, garbage spewer at best).

post #70 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post

music: I'm very glad to have you on board here.

 

  :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post

I can't remember if our opinions have 'clashed' before or not.

 

As far as I can remember, not in public, but I know you love(d) the CK10 and I just didn't for some reason (sold my pair literally within hours after I got it); apart from the ATHs, though, I can't really think of any other phone we've disagreed on (SQ-wise).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post

I can't remember if our opinions have 'clashed' before or not. They have: regarding custom earphones. I respect your angle though

 

And I respect your opinion / "angle", too, re: customs. (or anyone else's, for that matter, as long as people don't claim customs are the only way to go to get top SQ AND comfort).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post

... we seem to enjoy similar-sounding earphones/headphones. 

 

I think on the whole we pretty much do (... unless you also enjoyed the much hyped SM3s [can't remember if you did], an IEM I felt was dreadful).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


... Music_4321,

 

  :)  Nice! But, please, no capital "M", a small one sems to have a better 'ring' to it --> music_4321

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

I do not know if you said before, but was is you preferred source with the Kaede ? (And do not mention any sub 1k$ aparatus as they do not deserve the name of source, garbage spewer at best).

 

The best is MacBook Pro > V200 > KAEDEs, but I also love them with my ($1,001.00 USD) Limited Edition 4G iPod Touch.


Edited by music_4321 - 7/12/13 at 1:22am
post #71 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

 

  :)  Nice! But, please, no capital "M", a small one sems to have a better 'ring' to it --> music_4321

 

 

The best is MacBook Pro > V200 > KAEDEs, but I also love them with my ($1,001.00 USD) Limited Edition 4G iPod Touch.

Dully noted.

 

Ha, a friend mentionned the Violectric equipment, I might consider it now that I will have a bigger house and might consider desktop equipment.

post #72 of 168
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

 

  :)

 

 

As far as I can remember, not in public, but I know you love(d) the CK10 and I just didn't for some reason (sold my pair literally within hours after I got it); apart from the ATHs, though, I can't really think of any other phone we've disagreed on (SQ-wise).

 

 

And I respect your opinion / "angle", too, re: customs. (or anyone else's, for that matter, as long as people don't claim customs are the only way to go to get top SQ AND comfort).

 

 

I think on the whole we pretty much do (... unless you also enjoyed the much hyped SM3s [can't remember if you did], an IEM I felt was dreadful).

 

 

  :)  Nice! But, please, no capital "M", a small one sems to have a better 'ring' to it --> music_4321

 

 

The best is MacBook Pro > V200 > KAEDEs, but I also love them with my ($1,001.00 USD) Limited Edition 4G iPod Touch.

We have one rift to settle: I enjoyed the SM3, but not in comparison to the CK10! Haha, you sold those earphones early. I have had mine since 2008, having sold, purchased, sold, and received (Peter) again. Amazing. But that is my solid preference for sound. For fit... not so much. SM3 is not my favourite sounding earphone, but as it performs, it is exemplary. 

 

As for Kuro/Kaede, I think we've pretty much established that we agree. 

 

Customs: I'm on the fence. A good custom in the right shell reveals benefits that unless very lucky, a universal MAY not. 

 

Overall, however, I'm with the old, grumpy, sparrow. 

 

I'm a universal fellow, though from 2009-2011 I was mostly a custom fellow. 

 

CK10 (like it or hate it) showed me that construction, price (it was cheap 160$ USD when I bought it), and sound CAN come together. However, KAEDE is its superior on ALL sound fronts, though perhaps not quite as neutral. Whatever. I'm more a fan than I am a team player. 

post #73 of 168

^   In all fairness, there's a chance I didn't give the CK10s a fair shake, but I was instantly disappointed, that's the truth, and did sell them only a few hours after I got them. Might have been a fit issue in the end, though 95% of the time I get on pretty well with (medium) stock tips.

Now, the SM3 (v1) is possibly the worst purchase I've ever made. That one I kept for 2 weeks and even tried several tips with it. A dreadful phone, in my view — BTW, the SM3 remains the most polarising IEM to date: some loving them—my guess mostly due to average_joe and (his good friend) Joker's reviews / praise—and others, like me, saying they were downright rubbish, though most of those very disappointed with it only said so some time after our cheerful sparrow had been the first to trash them. What was always interesting to me was all the manner of ways in which people tried to change the stock sound—never seen that before or since—because people were supposed to love this new IEM that was, supposedly, miles ahead of the rest at the time (and even going as far as removing the filters!). These days hardly anybody talks about the SM3s, yet people still talk/ask about the UM3X, W4, GR07 & IE8, for instance.

As for customs, you've heard a lot more than I have, so can't really argue with you there, but my own experience with my $850 Westone ES3X, plus countless posts I've seen—and several PMs I've received over the years from people who didn't feel comfortable going public about their honest views on their customs (among other things because they wanted to sell their sets)—has led me to believe there's been far too much hype, not only in relation to high-end customs, but customs in general. The hype, though, has certainly gone down as more people have not only come forward and shared some of their horror stories re: their customs journey, but also some of them openly admitting they expected (far) better SQ after all they'd seen written in these boards. Still, I'm quite sure there are some seriously good-sounding top-performing customs out there.

 

Now, I believe this was supposed to be a KURO thread if I'm not mistaken...


Edited by music_4321 - 7/12/13 at 2:55am
post #74 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

^   In all fairness, there's a chance I didn't give the CK10s a fair shake, but I was instantly disappointed, that's the truth, and did sell them only a few hours after I got them. Might have been a fit issue in the end, though 95% of the time I get on pretty well with (medium) stock tips.


Now, the SM3 (v1) is possibly the worst purchase I've ever made. That one I kept for 2 weeks and even tried several tips with it. A dreadful phone, in my view — BTW, the SM3 remains the most polarising IEM to date: some loving them—my guess mostly due to average_joe and (his good friend) Joker's reviews / praise—and others, like me, saying they were downright rubbish, though most of those very disappointed with it only said so some time after our cheerful sparrow had been the first to trash them. What was always interesting to me was all the manner of ways in which people tried to change the stock sound—never seen that before or since—because people were supposed to love this new IEM that was, supposedly, miles ahead of the rest at the time (and even going as far as removing the filters!). These days hardly anybody talks about the SM3s, yet people still talk/ask about the UM3X, W4, GR07 & IE8, for instance.


As for customs, you've heard a lot more than I have, so can't really argue with you there, but my own experience with my $850 Westone ES3X, plus countless posts I've seen—and several PMs I've received over the years from people who didn't feel comfortable going public about their honest views on their customs (among other things because they wanted to sell their sets)—has led me to believe there's been far too much hype, not only in relation to high-end customs, but customs in general. The hype, though, has certainly gone down as more people have not only come forward and shared some of their horror stories re: their customs journey, but also some of them openly admitting they expected (far) better SQ after all they'd seen written in these boards. Still, I'm quite sure there are some seriously good-sounding top-performing customs out there.

Now, I believe this supposed to be a KURO thread...

Which, in order to rectify such off-topicness (to a quite impressive level, I might add), you really should grab a pair (KURO) and do a proper comparison.
post #75 of 168
Thread Starter 
This man needeth not a KURO. I needeth a Kuro. Mine in small letters (save the first initial) as really I'm not I a place to compete with the bird.

Bird: I'm a holistic thinker. Performance alone deserves its own skew. But I'm not there. For instance, the last bicycle I'd buy is a Giant. The last car I'd buy is a toyota. I don't like copycats.

Ocharaku are in a distinct ring. If not, who competes with them? Doing something different, not something low-balling, is what I revere.

CK10: stock pads are horrible. Ditto Sony. Ditto anything but ear plug or... Comply stock. Five years and you get to know an earphone.

Admittedly, CK10 is somewhat common. KURO is not. Can I love each accordingly? Yes.

I was a dynamic fan until the CK10 hit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ocharaku Flat4-Kuro (玄) appreciation thread