or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread - Page 61

post #901 of 1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatpooh View Post

Hey guys, not sure if anyone has asked this qn before. But when you all wear the VSD1 over the ear aren't you wearing the left earpiece in the right ear and vice versa? Wouldn't that cause some channel balance issues or affects the sound reproduction? Not very sure about this so just wanted to check if you all face any issues of this sort.

Well technically the balance is still the same, just flipped. If I know the song really well I have a laugh and think to myself "Oh wow today they decided to do that synth sweep from left to right. Sounds good."
post #902 of 1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivers66 View Post
 

I've just received my VSD1 SE, and the first impression is just amazing, they seem to me much better than the VSD1S, much more extension, bass is fast and tight but no overhelming, treble is more present than in VSD1S,, cimbals, for example sound amazing not only for an iem for this price, they just sound great. Middle range is smoth, easy to listen, guitars and voices sound fantastic, may be a little recessed in sharp female voices. Stage is fantastic, they sound quite open but not endless. Tomorrow i will compare them face to face with a GR07, but, for me, VSD1 SE is a GR07 sound in terms of sound quality,, but with a slight different tuning. For me, they are better than the GR07 Bass edition. 

Any developments on how the vsd1 se behave?

post #903 of 1981

I'm so tempted by the SE but I need an easily driven IEM so the 80 Ohms is a no go for my poor smartphone.

post #904 of 1981

I was also tempted for a second but the price kinda made me reconsider. VSD1 Limited edition was sold in China for the equivalent of $33, which is as much as VSD1/S also cost there. Now the only place I can get VSD1 LE is from headphoniaks and with the shipping it comes down to 60 euro (and I'm not even considering DHL's brokerage fees), which is about as much as I paid for both the VSD1 and VSD1S together.

The whole reason why VSD1/S is so good is the performance for the low price and at $80+ the Limited Edition kinda loses its charms coz it gets way to close to gr07 (just like with the gr04 flagship edition which was like $100-110 on release, but at least gr04fe had the build quality)  

And with gr07 classic coming out supposedly very soon for circa $100, I'd rather pay 20 bucks more and get one of these instead of buying a third version of VSD1 just because it has higher impedance and a bit different tuning.


Edited by kova4a - 10/11/13 at 8:13pm
post #905 of 1981

Yeah I didn't count the price factor but I was hoping to get a pair since I don't have any VSD1, in the meantime I got "distracted" by the Deltas so I will wait for the VSonic's new line.

GR07 Classic seems great for my tastes too and I'm sure that Vsonic will have something new to stir things up

post #906 of 1981

Ok, so I cracked and ordered the VSD1 Limited Edition. I just couldn't resist the temptation to complete my VSD1 collection even if I don't really need it. It's that darned Limited Edition moniker that got to me.

post #907 of 1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

Ok, so I cracked and ordered the VSD1 Limited Edition. I just couldn't resist the temptation to complete my VSD1 collection even if I don't really need it. It's that darned Limited Edition moniker that got to me.

 

Nah, you didn't! Lol. Cool kova4a! Looking forward to your impressions. When do you think you'll be getting them?

post #908 of 1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

Nah, you didn't! Lol. Cool kova4a! Looking forward to your impressions. When do you think you'll be getting them?

Well, I literally just ordered it an hour ago, so I guess by the end of next week - might be sooner or might be later than that. I was seriously thinking of not buying it and waiting for gr07 classic (the blue one really caught my attention :D) and the VSD7 but then I started thinking that a true vsonic fan should have the VSD1 limited edition. It's like with the gr04 flagship - it's great but it is discontinued and not many people have it, so it's nice to have some more exotic vsonic iems in my collection. I also have the brainwavz Delta coming and it will probably arrive at around the same time although I don't really expect that much of it but I figured for less than 20 bucks I might as well just see what the fuss is about.


Edited by kova4a - 10/14/13 at 10:00pm
post #909 of 1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

Well, I literally just ordered it an hour ago, so I guess by the end of next week - might be sooner or might be later than that. I was seriously thinking of not buying it and waiting for gr07 classic (the blue one really caught my attention :D) and the VSD7 but then I started thinking that a true vsonic fan should have the VSD1 limited edition. It's like with the gr04 flagship - it's great but it is discontinued and not many people have it, so it's nice to have some more exotic vsonic iems in my collection. I also have the brainwavz Delta coming and it will probably arrive at around the same time although I don't really expect that much of it but I figured for less than 20 bucks I might as well just see what the fuss is about.

I couldn´t agree more about having the Special Edition is more about having a collection items than nothing else, although even having the VSD1, is really tempting to get a VSD1 SE.

 

I´m considering again the RE400 now that we can get them at headphoniaks.

Does anyone know if they are much better than the VSD1SE particularlly since I have to drive them with my smartphone as source too?

post #910 of 1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuRu View Post
 

I couldn´t agree more about having the Special Edition is more about having a collection items than nothing else, although even having the VSD1, is really tempting to get a VSD1 SE.

 

I´m considering again the RE400 now that we can get them at headphoniaks.

Does anyone know if they are much better than the VSD1SE particularlly since I have to drive them with my smartphone as source too?

Well, supposedly the VSD1 Limited edition is not just a collector's item but has been tuned by the father of the Vsonic's CEO (who seems to be the mastermind behind vsonic's success) and is kinda of a demo unit for the vsd7's tuning. Now, I haven't heard re400, so I can't comment on it but it still costs double, so it won't be a fair comparison but I still haven't heard the VSD1LE either, so it still might turn out it's got what it takes to be the best sub-$100 iem. 

post #911 of 1981

kova4a don't you think that the Delta could be a minor competitor? This question couldn't be more hypothetical I know!

post #912 of 1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

Well, I literally just ordered it an hour ago, so I guess by the end of next week - might be sooner or might be later than that. I was seriously thinking of not buying it and waiting for gr07 classic (the blue one really caught my attention :D) and the VSD7 but then I started thinking that a true vsonic fan should have the VSD1 limited edition. It's like with the gr04 flagship - it's great but it is discontinued and not many people have it, so it's nice to have some more exotic vsonic iems in my collection. I also have the brainwavz Delta coming and it will probably arrive at around the same time although I don't really expect that much of it but I figured for less than 20 bucks I might as well just see what the fuss is about.

 

Not only that, my hunch is that they are going to sound great.

post #913 of 1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsls View Post
 

kova4a don't you think that the Delta could be a minor competitor? This question couldn't be more hypothetical I know!

Well, I guess I'll know soon enough. The things is that just like the VSD1 Limited Edition isn't going to be my first vsonic iem, so the Delta won't be my first Brainwavz iem. And somehow it's easier to believe that a limited VSD1 version exists that sounds better than all the other sub-$100 vsonic iems because the standard VSD1/S is already up there in performance than to believe that Brainwavz just made a $20-iem that suddenly sounds better than every single sub-$100 iem they've made before.

Anyway, I'm not the type who bases his opinion on assumptions or other people's opinions and that's why I also have the Deltas on their way to me. Of course, I wouldn't mind if the Delta turns out to be a great performer - all I'm saying is that I don't have unrealistically high hopes about it just because a few people said it's on VSD1's level and even better but I'm always happy to be proven wrong and if that's the case I'll be really hyping these Deltas. For now, I just sit and wait.

post #914 of 1981

I didn´t know the deltas where so hyped to the point where they compared them to the vsd1. Really interested if they are going to live for it.

So much goodies you bought, let's see how they sound when reviews from a more experienced point.

post #915 of 1981

By the way, for those interested in the VSD1 Limited edition, I just ordered 1 set from bigbargainonline on ebay. They still hv several pairs left! Do note that they aren't bundling the foam ear tips, so do factor that in.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread