Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread - Page 58

post #856 of 1976

kova4a

I'm right the vsd1s have bass like gr02BE it's more subbass region and less midbass.

post #857 of 1976

Interesting stuff kova4a! But you're a trouble-maker... you've actually got me thinking about trying out the vsd1s now even though I already have, and am very happy with, the vsd1! 

:beerchug: 

post #858 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimer View Post
 

kova4a

I'm right the vsd1s have bass like gr02BE it's more subbass region and less midbass.

 

Well, I sold the gr02be a while ago, so I haven't heard it in a while but I'll say no. The gr02be's bass was extending low but was softer on the impact and slower while the vsd1s' bass is tighter and with better impact, which while having more of a deep-bass punch I'd say is flatter.

post #859 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

Interesting stuff kova4a! But you're a trouble-maker... you've actually got me thinking about trying out the vsd1s now even though I already have, and am very happy with, the vsd1! 

:beerchug: 

 

Nah, I'm just drinking and being helpful as usual. Anyway, as I said there isn't such a big difference between VSD1 and VSD1S. Yeah, VSD1S technically is the better iem of the two but honestly I thought the slightly fuller sounding VSD1 with its slightly bigger bass body would make someone like you happier. I guess you can't know for sure until you try it - how's that for a troublemaker?

post #860 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

 

Nah, I'm just drinking and being helpful as usual. Anyway, as I said there isn't such a big difference between VSD1 and VSD1S. Yeah, VSD1S technically is the better iem of the two but honestly I thought the slightly fuller sounding VSD1 with its slightly bigger bass body would make someone like you happier. I guess you can't know for sure until you try it - how's that for a troublemaker?

 

Pitch perfect lol!

post #861 of 1976

Am I the only one here who prefer vc02 over vsd1/s? :) Or maybe I like vc02 better because its a little closer to RE400 sound sig when properly eq'ed. :)

post #862 of 1976

I'm looking into something better and richer sounding than the VSD1, under 100$, for ex, is the RE400 definitely a big jump?

 

I recently bought a DX50 and I want an IEM where I can take full advantage of the hd music files at high bit rate and can take more power too!

 

Thanks! :)

post #863 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuRu View Post

I'm looking into something better and richer sounding than the VSD1, under 100$, for ex, is the RE400 definitely a big jump?

I recently bought a DX50 and I want an IEM where I can take full advantage of the hd music files at high bit rate and can take more power too!

Thanks! smily_headphones1.gif
I didn't find the re400s scale too much with gear. It sounds good whether from an iPhone or the dx50
post #864 of 1976

Thanks Spurxiii!

My point was that Im currently using the VSD1 and I would like to get a better sounding IEMs under 100$. Of course, I will use them with any gear (incluing my superb DX50 and my Lumia720) :)

 

Any recommendations? Would the RE400 be a good upgrade? I listened to some GR07 some time ago and I was impressed by its naturalness and clarity. 

post #865 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuRu View Post

Thanks Spurxiii!
My point was that Im currently using the VSD1 and I would like to get a better sounding IEMs under 100$. Of course, I will use them with any gear (incluing my superb DX50 and my Lumia720) smily_headphones1.gif

Any recommendations? Would the RE400 be a good upgrade? I listened to some GR07 some time ago and I was impressed by its naturalness and clarity. 

I've got the GR07 BEs and they sound great with the DX50. But I listen mainly to EDM, so for acoustic and vocals the RE400 may be a better choice since the mids are a little more forward. The bass, especially the mid bass is leaner on RE400 though
post #866 of 1976

I actually listen to all kind of music depending on the day and my mood :D  I heard that the GR07 are really flat and natural, so perhaps the mid and voices are not as bright or forward. Where can I find the RE400 in Europe? Any other options in Dynamic driver? 

 

On the other hand, how do they compare to the GR01, Rockit R50 or any other Dual BA with the Knowles TWFK driver? I'm sure I can find some of these around 100$...:bigsmile_face:

post #867 of 1976

The only BAs I've ever heard are the ones I've owned which are UE600, UE700, Superfi 3, UE900 all of which were pretty neutral and go well with any genre. I've also heard my mate's MEElectronics A161P and although only single BA I liked their sound. The UE700s were dual BAs and I loved them also until they broke, my own fault. When my UE700s broke it lead me to headfi in May and that was it.

post #868 of 1976

So then the options are between a RE400 and possibily a BA around 100$...I hope the final choice makes a difference with the VSD1!

 

Any recommended online shop for the RE400? I don't want to end up buying in Ebay :confused_face: 

post #869 of 1976

What model should i buy: VSD1 vs. VSD1S if i like more the Sony EX082 than MH1? Or should i wait for the Brainwavz S1, which seems better than VSD1? What you guys think?

post #870 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuRu View Post

So then the options are between a RE400 and possibily a BA around 100$...I hope the final choice makes a difference with the VSD1!

Any recommended online shop for the RE400? I don't want to end up buying in Ebay confused_face.gif  
not sure but I got mine from an Australian store online. I'm sure head direct also sell them
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread