Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread - Page 53

post #781 of 1966
Hi thanks for the comparison nullivers but just another question you said that the vsd1 is better then the ckm500 in every aspects does it mean the bass too but I don't think the vsd1 have more bass then the ckm500 rather it is more accurate am I correct? And does the vsd1 pair well with the sansa clip+?
post #782 of 1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSlide View Post

if it's been asked very sorry but how does vsd1 compare to R04? they are aorund the same price in taobao

I haven't heard the ordinary gr04 version only the gr04 flagship, which I compared to the VSD1 somewhere in this thread. I assume that R04 will be about the same at least in sound signature, so it will be mid-forward, with less bass and lacking a bit in extension on both ends. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavern View Post

Just purchased VSD1 from Lendmeurears. Fingers crossed for it to reach quickly with no problems! =D Anyone from the UK know how we could track the package as it reaches the UK?

I'm not from UK but as it comes by standard mail I assume you'll have to check your local post office site if there's a track and trace service on their website or what is the most likely thing to happen - check the tracking number on the parcelforce website as they'll be probably handling the delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimer View Post

Hello kova4a, tell me please, sound quality vsd1 is not worse than the gr06, vsd1 more bassed then gr06?

I already said I like the VSD1 more. gr06 is pretty mid-forward in comparison and also warmer. Of course, I haven't heard the gr06 in a while, so I can't do a 100% accurate comparison in the bass department. As far as I remember the gr06 was softer on the impact and less punchy. The VSD1S' bass on the other hand hits harder than both and is flatter with a bit less emphasis on the mid-bass

post #783 of 1966

thanks kova4a.

post #784 of 1966

Just got my VSD1 today. My ears haven't got used to it yet after a year using GR02be. Although the VSD1 isn't completely burned in yet, I feel that it misses some clarity compare to my GR02be (a bit muddy imo). Is it because of their different signatures? I'm no expert so it's just my noob speculation tongue.gif, probably I should wait for a couple of days before comparing them again. 

Also, do you recommend using EQ with the VSD1? 

post #785 of 1966

I also got mine this week, overall impression is good. I've noticed it to get a little muddy at times as well but for the majority of the time it's been fine. Hopefully it'll clear a bit with more burn-in (haven't used an amp with it yet either). Compared to Brainwvz M5 it's more interesting, I guess due to the more dynamic upper midrange.

 

Also, I've found wearing it over the ear the only feasible option for me. I don't have to switch left/right either.

 

It'll definitely be tempting when the new range comes out to get a more expensive option.

post #786 of 1966

how does the pricier soundmagic e30 compare to vsonic vsd1 sq-wise?

post #787 of 1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by z7nz View Post

Just got my VSD1 today. My ears haven't got used to it yet after a year using GR02be. Although the VSD1 isn't completely burned in yet, I feel that it misses some clarity compare to my GR02be (a bit muddy imo). Is it because of their different signatures? I'm no expert so it's just my noob speculation tongue.gif, probably I should wait for a couple of days before comparing them again. 

Also, do you recommend using EQ with the VSD1? 

That's because the gr02be has thinner note presentation and is leaning a bit to the cold side, which gives the impression of better clarity. VSD1 is a bit warmer and fuller, which makes it more natural sounding but if you're used to gr02be's drier mids and more prominent treble you might need time to get used to the VSD1. As far as EQ - it's a personal choice. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisagorbin View Post

how does the pricier soundmagic e30 compare to vsonic vsd1 sq-wise?

Well, I did a small comparison on this page http://www.head-fi.org/t/663709/vsonic-vsd1-vsd1s-reviews-impression-thread/465 but as I said it's been a really long time since I've heard e30, so it's by memory - not a direct comparison. And I wouldn't call e30 pricier - it's around the same price (actually slightly cheaper at most places) but it was an awesome bang for buck at this price a couple of years ago - now the vsonics are ruling in this price range IMO.

post #788 of 1966

Well, I did a small comparison on this page http://www.head-fi.org/t/663709/vsonic-vsd1-vsd1s-reviews-impression-thread/465 but as I said it's been a really long time since I've heard e30, so it's by memory - not a direct comparison. And I wouldn't call e30 pricier - it's around the same price (actually slightly cheaper at most places) but it was an awesome bang for buck at this price a couple of years ago - now the vsonics are ruling in this price range IMO.

 

so you would recommend me buying vsd1 instead of soundmagic e30? im really not a fan of bass but as long as it does not mess up with the clarity and treble. because soundmagic e30, at that time, really has good clarity for its price.
and im not considering vsonic vc02 because its not available in my country :)


Edited by lisagorbin - 8/21/13 at 5:48am
post #789 of 1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisagorbin View Post

 

so you would recommend me buying vsd1 instead of soundmagic e30? im really not a fan of bass but as long as it does not mess up with the clarity and treble. because soundmagic e30, at that time, really has good clarity for its price.
and im not considering vsonic vc02 because its not available in my country :)

Well, the vsd1 is bassy but the bass has good control. Of course you can go with the vsd1s but the difference is only mild. Vsd1s has less mid-bass but the mids are pretty much the same. 

post #790 of 1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

Well, the vsd1 is bassy but the bass has good control. Of course you can go with the vsd1s but the difference is only mild. Vsd1s has less mid-bass but the mids are pretty much the same. 


alright. vsd1 over sm e30. thank you :) i guess theres really nothing to lose going for it :)

post #791 of 1966

My Hifiman re262s are starting to crap out at the connector so Amazon is going to give me a full refund (yeah). So I have been looking at these for awhile and now with the extra funds I will get both. I have the GR07 BE and love them especially with my Fiio X3. I am a Vsonic customer for life, I did like the Hifiman but there build quality will have to improve before i get them again. Can not wait for the new VSD# models to come out next year as i will purchase those as well.

post #792 of 1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post

My Hifiman re262s are starting to crap out at the connector so Amazon is going to give me a full refund (yeah). So I have been looking at these for awhile and now with the extra funds I will get both. I have the GR07 BE and love them especially with my Fiio X3. I am a Vsonic customer for life, I did like the Hifiman but there build quality will have to improve before i get them again. Can not wait for the new VSD# models to come out next year as i will purchase those as well.

Well, IMO vsd1 and vsd1s are not that different to justify getting both unless you're really set on it. You might just get one of them and keep the extra money for the newer vsonics that will be coming out in the next few months.

post #793 of 1966

can someone make a full review of the vsd1? that will be for the others who are interested in buying one. i already got one for myself. and im not competent enough to make a good review :)
 

post #794 of 1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisagorbin View Post

can someone make a full review of the vsd1? that will be for the others who are interested in buying one. i already got one for myself. and im not competent enough to make a good review :)
 

Well, I was considering making a review but I'm always postponing it coz I'm too lazy and hoped that joker's review will be out by now but he has too much iems to review. And I kinda expected for ringmaster to update the first post of the thread more instead of just quoting my initial impressions and leaving head-fi.

Anyway, there are enough detailed impressions and a comparison between vsd1 and vsd1s in here, so if people are interested, they can find enough info until an actual review is out but I do agree that going through 50 pages to find impressions is not a perfect solution.

post #795 of 1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisagorbin View Post

can someone make a full review of the vsd1? that will be for the others who are interested in buying one. i already got one for myself. and im not competent enough to make a good review :)
 

Hi people.I was tired about reading this a MEGA LOT information for me ==".Please answer for my questions about:

1-vsd1 or vsd1s(what best and why or where on musical genres)

2-How about playable with 4s?(Have 4s and HP pavillion dv7)

3-vsd1 surpass gr02 BE?

4-It's good for- Disturbed,Linkin park,BFMV,Green day,Scorpions,AC/DC?Are they universal type?Big Thanks


Edited by Su1rre1nder - 8/26/13 at 10:11pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread