Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread - Page 45

post #661 of 1920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtron2112 View Post

Ok first l was leaning towards the 1 but now it seems the 1S might be a better choice due to it having more controlled and punchy bass; as well as the over ear fit supposedly having better isolation. Any verdict on which handles my music better now that you've finally heard both phones? Yay for run on sentences and repetitive posts :P

They are both intended to be worn down - the guy, who first commented on the VSD1S and initially mentioned that it is supposed to be worn cable up and has the channels reversed later edited his post because he was wrong. I'm right now comparing the two, so I should be answering your question within the next couple of hours. Yeah, the VSD1S has slightly punchier bass, which is technically better for the drums in rock and metal music but for some reason I keep giving a slight edge to the VSD1 but I still can't put my finger on what exactly is it that makes me do that. I need a little bit more time with the two. Anyway, they are like 95% the same, so the very very slight differences between the two aren't going to make or break the music experience you'll get with either of them


Edited by kova4a - 7/28/13 at 10:53am
post #662 of 1920

Ok, I wear mine cable up with the lettering on the left side.  I get the best fit and sound this way.  I for sure thought this was the correct way.  Where is the information that wearing cable down is the correct way?  I'm really curious on this.  

post #663 of 1920
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

Ok, I wear mine cable up with the lettering on the left side.  I get the best fit and sound this way.  I for sure thought this was the correct way.  Where is the information that wearing cable down is the correct way?  I'm really curious on this.  

Seriously?? There's no information - there's left channel and right channel and the one with the writing and the bump on the strain relief is the right one. I just know my music and when I put them in it was pretty obvious which was left and which was right.

post #664 of 1920
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

Seriously?? There's no information - there's left channel and right channel and the one with the writing and the bump on the strain relief is the right one. I just know my music and when I put them in it was pretty obvious which was left and which was right.

I haven't looked for the bump but the writing is there.  I'll mess with it some today and try and dig up some info. as well.  I'm stumped because I believe you but my experience with it is the opposite.  

post #665 of 1920
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

I haven't looked for the bump but the writing is there.  I'll mess with it some today and try and dig up some info. as well.  I'm stumped because I believe you but my experience with it is the opposite.  

Well, it's really not that hard to check that. If you can't tell by the positioning in your music you can use test tones http://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_stereo.php

Anyway, if you're not used to the positioning in your music or if you won't play any games or watch any movies with it, using it with the channels swapped won't be a problem.

post #666 of 1920

^ Yeppp Danny you're WRONG!!! tongue.gif

 

The side with the comic sans letters and with the round little bump is the right channel. It's kinda stupid that they don't label it, but yeah the side with the VSD1 letter goes in the right ear and the one without goes in the left. Welp that's how my set of VSD1 are anyways.

 

Guess Vsonic has spent all their energy/$ into the sound of these and ran out of funds to print the L/R channels. This is very obvious since we only got the godly comic sans letter on one side as well. : P

post #667 of 1920
Ok I believe you guys but I get better fit with the channels swaped wearing over ear and I can't tell any difference in sound. I don't play games or watch movies with my earphones. I must not be able to tell positioning in music either then. At least with budget phones. Oh well, there goes any credibility for me if I ever had one in the first place. Thanks for correcting me fellas.
post #668 of 1920
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

Ok I believe you guys but I get better fit with the channels swaped wearing over ear and I can't tell any difference in sound. I don't play games or watch movies with my earphones. I must not be able to tell positioning in music either then. At least with budget phones. Oh well, there goes any credibility for me if I ever had one in the first place. Thanks for correcting me fellas.


^ HE"S A NOOB!!! GET HIM!!! tongue.gif

 

700... cuz i don't like your tone. Tryin' to belittle us Danny??? normal_smile%20.gif

post #669 of 1920

After reading almost the whole thread and since I'm waiting for my Basso's I was wondering if the VSD1 sound so different in a way that having both you just get the best combination for budget-fi IEMs now.

I have also read the comparison by Wayne and others and I have the feeling that with these two models you can have the most versatile audio spectrum in the ~$50 area with full soundstage and without losing the fun factor. Am I wrong? Is there any real point to have them both?

post #670 of 1920
You two belittled me first and put me in my place. : P
I don't mind being wrong and not being able to hear positioning. ; )
Smiley faces to prove my tone. : (
post #671 of 1920
I would say no to owning both. Both are amazing-fi.
post #672 of 1920
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

I would say no to owning both. Both are amazing-fi.


So I must go for Vsonic too then? Damn deadhorse.gif

post #673 of 1920
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsls View Post


So I must go for Vsonic too then? Damn deadhorse.gif

Both the VSD1 and VSD1S are very good.  I would wait for Kova to write some more impressions but the differences are minor from what I hear.  Both are very, very good sounding.  The general sound resembles the Basso's but they aren't the same so owning these and the Basso's will be fine.  The new Nuforce NE700M and X also are along the lines of this type of sound and very good.  The Tenore's are also really good and have tighter bass than the Basso's but retains that type of sound.  All these are budget friendly and tuned nicely so I don't foresee anyone going wrong with any of them.  

post #674 of 1920
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

Both the VSD1 and VSD1S are very good.  I would wait for Kova to write some more impressions but the differences are minor from what I hear.  Both are very, very good sounding.  The general sound resembles the Basso's but they aren't the same so owning these and the Basso's will be fine.  The new Nuforce NE700M and X also are along the lines of this type of sound and very good.  The Tenore's are also really good and have tighter bass than the Basso's but retains that type of sound.  All these are budget friendly and tuned nicely so I don't foresee anyone going wrong with any of them.  


I am also waiting for Kova's impressions. My initial plan was to buy 2 IEMs with less than $100 that have different sigs, one warmer/bassier and one midranged. The first one has been the Basso that "won" over the Tenore and I hope that was the right choice. For the midranged I was searching something around $30 but unfortunately almost every IEM at this price is Bass-oriented so I thought that a pricier Vsonic could be a good solution. I excluded R02 Silver and VC02 and now I have to choose between VSD1/S and GR04FE.

 

post #675 of 1920
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

You two belittled me first and put me in my place. : P
I don't mind being wrong and not being able to hear positioning. ; )
Smiley faces to prove my tone. : (

Hey hey we were merely just helping you out since obviously your ears are broken. : P

 

No belittling was intended. ; )

 

Smileys never lie!!! : (

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsls View Post


So I must go for Vsonic too then? Damn deadhorse.gif

The Vsonic house sound is more "audiophile" grade to me compared to the Bassos but yet it manages to be fun.  You can even use these for analytical/ critical monitoring, while the Bassos is more for the fun warmish, bassy, and chillax/ easy breezy/ lighter listening experience without anything lacking in their lows/mids/highs/ soundstage, etc. The Bassos has more of that mainstream/ commercial type of musicality while the VSD1 has that analytical musicality me thinks.

 

Pretty different sound siggys, yet both has great bass emphasis which makes both really fun to listen to.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

Both the VSD1 and VSD1S are very good.  I would wait for Kova to write some more impressions but the differences are minor from what I hear.  Both are very, very good sounding.  The general sound resembles the Basso's but they aren't the same so owning these and the Basso's will be fine.  The new Nuforce NE700M and X also are along the lines of this type of sound and very good.  The Tenore's are also really good and have tighter bass than the Basso's but retains that type of sound.  All these are budget friendly and tuned nicely so I don't foresee anyone going wrong with any of them.  

Yeppp can't really go wrong with any of them tbh, just depends what sound signatures you are looking for. They all sound different yet has the similar/higher emphasis on low end, while providing a great balance along with the mids/highs.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread