Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread - Page 121

post #1801 of 1947
Quote:
Originally Posted by willy156 View Post

Is the VSD1/VSD1S the best option for under $50?
By far! Nothing can compare in this price range, not to mention they are vary comfortable.
post #1802 of 1947
obviously you're looking for opinions check my review in my signature
post #1803 of 1947
Quote:
Originally Posted by bixby View Post

obviously you're looking for opinions check my review in my signature

 

Nice review! It almost made me spontaneously buy the vsd1s lol!

post #1804 of 1947

Something interesting happend to me in the last couple of days. Started to listening again on the vsd1s with some little small changes. Medium sony hybrid tips, sound volume few notches down to match pistons levels. The results? Vsd1s are now better in almost every aspect but soundstage. The pistons soundstange is a bit more 3d while vsd1s is more 2d. The other difference is that the pistons bass extends a bit lower, but as quantity I dont think vsd1s is lacking in direct comparison. The refinement, punch and speed are better on the vsonic. The mids and treble are clearly better on vsd1s, more details and transparency. So this is an interesting turn from my part as I was praising more the pistons, maybe was the new toy sindrome or I dont know. I'm also still new to this hobby and maybe my ears are not very well educated yet, but I think I know what a good sound sounds like. :P

Now I'm preparing for carbo tenores to arrive, will see how those will fit my preferances, but A/B-ing the pistons and vsd1s there is no contest now to me, Vsonics wins hands down. Such an interesting hobby this audiophile world. :)


Edited by avlad - 3/25/14 at 6:15am
post #1805 of 1947
Quote:
Originally Posted by avlad View Post
 

Something interesting happend to me in the last couple of days. Started to listening again on the vsd1s with some little small changes. Medium sony hybrid tips, sound volume few notches down to match pistons levels. The results? Vsd1s are now better in almost every aspect but soundstage. The pistons soundstange is a bit more 3d while vsd1s is more 2d. The other difference is that the pistons bass extends a bit lower, but as quantity I dont think vsd1s is lacking in direct comparison. The refinement, punch and speed are better on the vsonic. The mids and treble are clearly better on vsd1s, more details and transparency. So this is an interesting turn from my part as I was praising more the pistons, maybe was the new toy sindrome or I dont know. I'm also still new to this hobby and maybe my ears are not very well educated yet, but I think I know what a good sound sounds like. :P

Now I'm preparing for carbo tenores to arrive, will see how those will fit my preferances, but A/B-ing the pistons and vsd1s there is no contest now to me, Vsonics wins hands down. Such an interesting hobby this audiophile world. :)

Are you referring to Piston 2.0 or "2.1"?  If 2.0, did you take out the foam filters on the Piston?  It increases the treble and detail.

 

eBrian prefers the Piston to the VSD1

post #1806 of 1947

I have pistons 2.0 from ibuygou stock, no mod. I'm not saying they are bad and for 19$ that I payed were no brainer. Their build is really nice and the fact that their controls and mic are working flawless with my wp phone add even more value, they are fun and easy to listen for hours, but they can't beat vsd1s imo.

post #1807 of 1947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastapipo View Post
 

 

I returned to the headphone store to compare the VSD1 with the VSD1S. I downloaded the song you provided (the youtube version was bad).

The VSD1 has got a more prominent treble, which is the reason the VSD1 may sound sibilant in comparison, but in reality they are not sibilant.

Having said that, the VSD1S sounded more appropriate for the song, having a better overall balance. The treble is toned down, and the midrange brings out the detail of the song (i.e. the intro).

Given the bass of the VSD1 is heavier, but the song doesn't emphasise on the baseline, which made its advantage neglectable.

Then I listened to Coyote Kisses - Six Shooter, which was more active and had a bigger impact with the VSD1. But it wasn't flat sounding on the VSD1S either, just more balanced.

Bohemian Like You sounded better on the VSD1S in my experience, the guitars have more body, the drums sound more detailed. I assume this is due to the more prominent midrange. Still the VSD1 offered a more "fun" sound.

These differences are small and both are excellent, its obvious these two are brothers, one is wearing an hoody, the other a pullover.

 

Wow thanks for doing that detailed comparison, I thought that you already had both VSD1 versions, so thanks again for the visit to the store as well. I feel that your impression of the VSD1S is quite similar to avlad's for the same song. I really like that the midrange brings the intro into life. Also between the other two songs, Bohemian Like You is closer to my tastes so maybe VSD1S wins for my kind of music. As I understand the VSD1S has a more powerful and accurate bass impact while the VSD1 a fuller warmer bass. I also have a fear for the sibilance so maybe the pullover wins.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post

@vsls, I do think these are still a "fun" IEM. They are not to the extreme as some relate "fun" to having lots of bass, these have adequate bass and great clarity.

Thanks for the clarification! You are right about it, when I'm saying fun I mean non-sterile too analytical sound. I need the clarity but I need also the fun!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by avlad View Post
the pistons and vsd1s there is no contest now to me, Vsonics wins hands down. Such an interesting hobby this audiophile world. :)

So another vote for VSD1S I suppose!

post #1808 of 1947

Yeah, comparing both my vote goes to vsd1s by a good margin, but take that with a grain of salt as everyone hear things different and I'm no expert. I enjoyed pistons when I recieved and used for the last month and even I was under the impresion that they are better, but I was wrong. Also I didnt listen vsd1, but I can assure you 1s are no bass shy, they have plenty impact, rounded and punchy bass. Is there every time the song calls for it.

post #1809 of 1947

Thanks everyone involved, I finally pulled the trigger, VSD1S from Penon Audio.

Now I must wait:popcorn:

post #1810 of 1947
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsls View Post

Thanks everyone involved, I finally pulled the trigger, VSD1S from Penon Audio.
Now I must wait:popcorn:

I'll only have experience with the vsd1 but I'll still think you'll be happy with your purchase smily_headphones1.gif
post #1811 of 1947
I received the VSD1S this morning, u guys can get it from MP4nation they come with 2 day Fedex shipping for $45, very good deal and its delivered after 30 hrs, impressive. I live in Vancouver, Canada though. Although I dont own one but Ive tried the GR07 BE and out of the box it sounds very similar so close i cannot really tell the difference:D, maybe 90%. The soundstage is kinda the same which is very wide. By far I love it, will check back after the burn in
post #1812 of 1947
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBanshee View Post

I received the VSD1S this morning, u guys can get it from MP4nation they come with 2 day Fedex shipping for $45, very good deal and its delivered after 30 hrs, impressive. I live in Vancouver, Canada though. Although I dont own one but Ive tried the GR07 BE and out of the box it sounds very similar so close i cannot really tell the difference:D, maybe 90%. The soundstage is kinda the same which is very wide. By far I love it, will check back after the burn in

 

Thanks from your Van Isle neighbor!  I'll be snagging them almost for sure, and that shipping is crazy good. Btw I owned the gr07be's, and I'm more than thrilled with the vsd1 variants serving as replacements. For the price they make me very happy. And when you throw in their awesome form factor, they make me very happy!

post #1813 of 1947

Wish I could find a video on the build quality of the VS1DS, about to pull the trigger on Amazon. Would like to see the cable, strain reliefs and the rotating nozzle, like the bearing, etc. That could just be wishful thinking though.  Found multiple posts in this big thread that comments on the Sony hybrids. Some are saying that they make the bass more prominent, while others are saying pretty balanced and the like.


Edited by BluePhoenixHD - 3/27/14 at 7:37pm
post #1814 of 1947
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenixHD View Post
 

Wish I could find a video on the build quality of the VS1DS, about to pull the trigger on Amazon. Does the Sony Hybrids fit these?

 

How do you treat them? If you treat them with any semblance of respect, they will be fine. If you beat on them like I do, they won't last (but nothing will lol). How will you be using them?

 

Their nozzles are on the small size, but I think the sony hybrids bit (I'll double check later). Btw, it's pretty cool how their nozzles rotate.

post #1815 of 1947
actually u guys can get the VSD1/S on MP4nation with 2 days shipping from Fedex for $42.75 (with the use of coupon FB2012FIVER which gives u 5% off)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread