Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread - Page 119

post #1771 of 1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 

Limited edition? How can I find these ones? I can't find them anywhere apparently.

 

You can find them firmly implanted in my ears every night while I'm sleeping. But I have weapons in my bedroom, so don't get any ideas ;)

post #1772 of 1966
Ebay seller bigbargainonline had them not long ago, do a search on eBay.
post #1773 of 1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 

Limited edition? How can I find these ones? I can't find them anywhere apparently.

 

Thank you for the link, if I can't get the limited edition ones, I think I will order the one without S. The one with the S might be too flat for me. I want something to use in the gym, stronger bass would be helpful.

First, headphoniaks had them but sold them all out and then Bigbargainonline had them but only a very limited quantity - there's a reason it's called a Limited edition.

Actually the last time I saw a VSD1LE for sale was probably a month or so ago - a single unit sold on bid by bigbargainonline. 

As far as the bass it's a very small difference between VSD1 and VSD1S - I actually prefer the VSD1S for the gym because its bass is a bit harder hitting than VSD1's even though VSD1 has a slightly bigger mid-bass slam.


Edited by kova4a - 3/9/14 at 3:08pm
post #1774 of 1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

You can find them firmly implanted in my ears every night while I'm sleeping. But I have weapons in my bedroom, so don't get any ideas ;)


lol :D I gotta find my plate mail armor and consider this again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

First, headphoniaks had them but sold them all out and then Bigbargainonline had them but only a very limited quantity - there's a reason it's called a Limited edition.

Actually the last time I saw a VSD1LE for sale was probably a month or so ago - a single unit sold on bid by bigbargainonline. 

As far as the bass it's a very small difference between VSD1 and VSD1S - I actually prefer the VSD1S for the gym because its bass is a bit harder hitting than VSD1's even though VSD1 has a slightly bigger mid-bass slam.


Ok mate, thanks a lot really you have been extremely helpful. If I can't find the LE version, it is not the end of the world either, I will use it in the gym only, for general listening I have SE5way. I will do my reading more about the differences in VSD1 and VSD1S then order one of them most probably. Again, thanks a lot, great help ;)

post #1775 of 1966

I received today the VSD1S. Sound quality is definitely good, but I was not impressed as I expected. Basses are a bit too dry and prickly, mids all-too-present (giving a slight sense of flatness to the sound), and especially high hissing when someone utters an "S", the effect is quite annoying.

 

However, not perfect but excellent value for money. Waiting to try the Xiaomi Pistons 2.0.

post #1776 of 1966

I think you need to burn VSD1/S in :D

post #1777 of 1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by willy156 View Post
 

I think you need to burn VSD1/S in :D

+1  ten hours or so

post #1778 of 1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by deco cat View Post
 

I received today the VSD1S. Sound quality is definitely good, but I was not impressed as I expected. Basses are a bit too dry and prickly, mids all-too-present (giving a slight sense of flatness to the sound), and especially high hissing when someone utters an "S", the effect is quite annoying.

 

However, not perfect but excellent value for money. Waiting to try the Xiaomi Pistons 2.0.

You say it like its a bad thing ;p

 

I've got both, while the sound quality of the Pistons (2.0) are good, the tuning is far to V shaped for me. 

Excellent sub-bass, but too prominent. Mids are barely there, which gives me the idea I'm missing detail.

The Vsd1s ones sound technically superior to my ears, maybe because of the present mids.  

post #1779 of 1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastapipo View Post
 

You say it like its a bad thing ;p

 

I've got both, while the sound quality of the Pistons (2.0) are good, the tuning is far to V shaped for me. 

Excellent sub-bass, but too prominent. Mids are barely there, which gives me the idea I'm missing detail.

The Vsd1s ones sound technically superior to my ears, maybe because of the present mids.  

Since I'm also among some IEMs and VSD1 has always been on my watch list, I'm afraid of the sibilance that some of the owners are complaining for. Do you feel that the warm Pistons are better in that area compared to Vsonic?

post #1780 of 1966

The pistons have no sibilance whatsoever. And I think the mids are their best range, they lack something in the bass and treble.

post #1781 of 1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsls View Post

Since I'm also among some IEMs and VSD1 has always been on my watch list, I'm afraid of the sibilance that some of the owners are complaining for. Do you feel that the warm Pistons are better in that area compared to Vsonic?

The vs1ds do not have any added edge or sibilance. Never heard the vs1d, but the former are not offensive at all in the female vocal range. I would look more at the source if you experience sibilance with the vs1ds.
post #1782 of 1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsls View Post
 

Since I'm also among some IEMs and VSD1 has always been on my watch list, I'm afraid of the sibilance that some of the owners are complaining for. Do you feel that the warm Pistons are better in that area compared to Vsonic?

 

I haven't spend that much time with the VSD1 but I don't think they are sibilant, the highs are prominent, but nothing I didn't love. The VSD1S are not sibilant at all, they're smooth at the top. 
The Pistons are more "true to source" on the highs. Where cymbals/high-hats sound smooth and round on the VSD1S, the Pistons sound like they would do live. 
I've got to say the highs are excellent on the Piston, but where the VSD1 (not the VS1S) provide a lively V sound, the Pistons are more U shaped.
It all depends on personal preference and music genre. To me, Johnny Marr - The Messenger sounded very alive and active on the VSD1, but on the Pistons, The bass was too prominent for my liking and the guitars were not as powerful. On the hand, the piston are amazing for Urban/Electronic music, Kevin Coshner - The Joker really shines on the Pistons with its mouthwatering sub-bass and wide soundstage. (I use them with the Sony MH1C tips.)
post #1783 of 1966

stupid me, i put my vsd1s into the wash even though i checked my hoodie pockets. Either i didn't check them properly or it was in my jeans (unlikely). If the sound changes for the worst, should i buy a replacement, try the VSD1, or get a totally different IEM?

 

Overall, i'm not unhappy with the sound of the VSD1s


Edited by imeem - 3/22/14 at 7:40am
post #1784 of 1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastapipo View Post
 

I haven't spend that much time with the VSD1 but I don't think they are sibilant, the highs are prominent, but nothing I didn't love. The VSD1S are not sibilant at all, they're smooth at the top.
The Pistons are more "true to source" on the highs. Where cymbals/high-hats sound smooth and round on the VSD1S, the Pistons sound like they would do live.
I've got to say the highs are excellent on the Piston, but where the VSD1 (not the VS1S) provide a lively V sound, the Pistons are more U shaped.
It all depends on personal preference and music genre. To me, Johnny Marr - The Messenger sounded very alive and active on the VSD1, but on the Pistons, The bass was too prominent for my liking and the guitars were not as powerful. On the hand, the piston are amazing for Urban/Electronic music, Kevin Coshner - The Joker really shines on the Pistons with its mouthwatering sub-bass and wide soundstage. (I use them with the Sony MH1C tips.)

Thanks for the A/B comparison, since my preferences are definitely closer to Johnny Marr (funny thing to say since I've never been a Smiths fan) probably VSD1 is better choice over Pistons. I never listen to Electronic music so that genre doesn't interest me at all. Could you please give me an input on Stevie Nicks - Edge of Seventeen for sibilance and bass? Certainly it is not a lo-fi or badly mastered song but I'm wondering on the multiple "S" and the 80s sound overall that usually causes problem to my IEMs.

post #1785 of 1966

There is no sibilance either on the pistons or vsd1s out of my desktop with integrated sound card. The pistones offer a more relaxed presentation with a lower extension on bass departement, Stevie's voice sounds good and clear, but if you want all the details of her voice in your face you want to go with the Vsonic's. Her voice is more forwarded and you can clearly hear and feel all inflections. There are points where it become a bit offensive, but this is how her voice is. So yeah, I stand to the fact that vsd1s has some harshness on upper mids/lower treble to my ears, or maybe is more true to the source. That is not a bad thing in general, maybe I'm a bit sensitive to that and I prefare a bit relaxed sound of the pistons. There are 2 different sound signatures for sure.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread