Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread - Page 103

post #1531 of 1902
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

? What's up with my opinion? I listen to metal, so what's the problem - how many other people do you know who own both and told you that the VSD1S is not good for metal while the VSD1 is a completely different sounding iem that sounds awesome with metal? The chance there is someone else with the opinion that slightly more mid-bass, slightly more laid back mids and very slightly more boosted treble, suddenly makes the VSD1 completely different and so much better with metal is very slim. Most likely if someone doesn't likely the VSD1S, he should look for a different iem unless it's really those very small differences that completely ruin his experience.

Yes. Look at the KEF M200, but that's a bit more spendy, so maybe the AT-IM50?? They seem to be getting quite a bit of hype for a $60-70 IEM.

post #1532 of 1902

Damn, looks like I opened up some old wounds there, lol. I appreciate all the hard work Kova put into the thread and Magnet for the dissenting opinion. 

 

I don't think I'd say at all that the 1S is "bad for metal" (prog metal drum work in particular sounds great with the tight bass), just that for my taste I miss some of the bass drum and low tom resonance and the soundstage seems a bit smaller. Other than those things I love them. Mids and highs are clear as day to me and I can separate everything easily. I just thought maybe the VSD1 could give me a bit of help in that area without changing the things I like about the sound profile. If it's not really worth the buy or not really that much of a difference, no problem, I'm happy with the 1S otherwise and I listen to a lot of other genres that they shine on. 

post #1533 of 1902
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZapX629 View Post
 

Damn, looks like I opened up some old wounds there, lol. I appreciate all the hard work Kova put into the thread and Magnet for the dissenting opinion. 

 

I don't think I'd say at all that the 1S is "bad for metal" (prog metal drum work in particular sounds great with the tight bass), just that for my taste I miss some of the bass drum and low tom resonance and the soundstage seems a bit smaller. Other than those things I love them. Mids and highs are clear as day to me and I can separate everything easily. I just thought maybe the VSD1 could give me a bit of help in that area without changing the things I like about the sound profile. If it's not really worth the buy or not really that much of a difference, no problem, I'm happy with the 1S otherwise and I listen to a lot of other genres that they shine on. 

:darthsmile:

post #1534 of 1902
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZapX629 View Post
 

Damn, looks like I opened up some old wounds there, lol. I appreciate all the hard work Kova put into the thread and Magnet for the dissenting opinion. 

 

I don't think I'd say at all that the 1S is "bad for metal" (prog metal drum work in particular sounds great with the tight bass), just that for my taste I miss some of the bass drum and low tom resonance and the soundstage seems a bit smaller. Other than those things I love them. Mids and highs are clear as day to me and I can separate everything easily. I just thought maybe the VSD1 could give me a bit of help in that area without changing the things I like about the sound profile. If it's not really worth the buy or not really that much of a difference, no problem, I'm happy with the 1S otherwise and I listen to a lot of other genres that they shine on. 

I have the VSD1S too. And they aren't 'bad' for metal. They do quite well actually. The bass could to with a little more impact but I love the mids and highs on most of my metal tracks(personal preference I guess). It stops just shy of being very good for metal. Now is the VSD1 a world of difference? Difference enough for one to switch from the VSD1S to the VSD1? I don't know as I haven't heard the VSD1. But I seriously doubt it(based on specs and reviews). I may be wrong though.

 

@IEMagnet01 : Headfi is all about honest opinions. But every reaction, opinion and piece of advice gets its tone and character from the way it is delivered. 

We are lucky to have people like @kova4a, who has heard all three versions and has contributed so so much to this thread. 

post #1535 of 1902
lol you kidding? Right? Because he says this, it's LAW? I completely disagree, and certainly won't change the way I hear things or bend over and kiss you know what because he's heard all three, because I heard two out of three, pretty sure the LE isn't going to provide much difference, and I stand by my opinion that the VSD1S is weak for metal. When you've reached the 35 years of listening to metal like I have, then come see me with wisdom. Until then, I'll respect your opinion, and gladly acquiesce, while listening to my TF10 and Whitesnake.
post #1536 of 1902
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post

lol you kidding? Right? Because he says this, it's LAW? I completely disagree, and certainly won't change the way I hear things or bend over and kiss you know what because he's heard all three, because I heard two out of three, pretty sure the LE isn't going to provide much difference, and I stand by my opinion that the VSD1S is weak for metal. When you've reached the 35 years of listening to metal like I have, then come see me with wisdom. Until then, I'll respect your opinion, and gladly acquiesce, while listening to my TF10 and Whitesnake.

ALL BOW DOWN TO 35 YEARS OLD METAL GURU
post #1537 of 1902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokei View Post

ALL BOW DOWN TO 35 YEARS OLD METAL GURU

lol biggrin.gif
post #1538 of 1902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokei View Post

ALL BOW DOWN TO 35 YEARS OLD METAL GURU

Thanks! I wish I was 35! That would put me listening to Sabbath in the womb! lol unfortunately..that's not the case. But thanks again!
post #1539 of 1902
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post

lol because I heard two out of three, pretty sure the LE isn't going to provide much difference, and I stand by my opinion that the VSD1S is weak.

yes ur correct.
post #1540 of 1902
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post

When you've reached the 35 years of listening to metal like I have, then come see me with wisdom. Until then, I'll respect your opinion, and gladly acquiesce, while listening to my TF10 and Whitesnake.

35 YEARS of listening to metal that you have ...I come with no wisdom like you....what would be the best of the bestest iem for metal say like Black Sabbath's War Pigs or Led Zep Bonham's drumming on Moby Dick/Bonzo's Montreux ?

Please do enlighten us with your wisdom.

What if I disagree ..would you be nice ...please please
post #1541 of 1902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokei View Post


35 YEARS of listening to metal that you have ...I come with no wisdom like you....what would be the best of the bestest iem for metal say like Black Sabbath's War Pigs or Led Zep Bonham's drumming on Moby Dick/Bonzo's Montreux ?

Please do enlighten us with your wisdom.

What if I disagree ..would you be nice ...please please

The Skullcandy Full METAL Jacket. Have fun!

post #1542 of 1902
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post

The Skullcandy Full METAL Jacket. Have fun!

YES U R CORRECT ......ahem
post #1543 of 1902
Come on lads, leave eachother be. Its good to have different opinions on this thread, lets discuss it in an orderly fashion.

Since the VSD1 and VSD1S have the same driver etc, wouldn't it be possible to eq the bass of the VSD1S a bit up without it becoming bloated?
post #1544 of 1902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastapipo View Post

Come on lads, leave eachother be. Its good to have different opinions on this thread, lets discuss it in an orderly fashion.

Since the VSD1 and VSD1S have the same driver etc, wouldn't it be possible to eq the bass of the VSD1S a bit up without it becoming bloated?

VSD3

post #1545 of 1902
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post

When you've reached the 35 years of listening to metal like I have, then come see me with wisdom. Until then, I'll respect your opinion, and gladly acquiesce, while listening to my TF10 and Whitesnake.

LOL, if Whitesnake is your idea of metal...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread