Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread - Page 87

post #1291 of 1941

Out of the LE's, H200's or CKS1000's, I can honestly say that I enjoy the ones that are in my ears at the time the most lol. 

 

LE's are the most neutral, realistic and natural sounding. Nice wide soundstage. Slightly warm. Full sounding. Non-fatiguing. Sound awesome!

 

H200's are a bit more u-shaped.. Bigger, more impactful and more forward bass. More forward/detailed treble. Mids are not really farther back, but the bass and treble are more forward giving a more u-shaped effect. Very full and detailed sounding. Deeper soundstage. A bit more colored. But very enjoyable. Sound awesome!

 

CKS1000's even more v-shaped. Bass not as powerful as with the H200's, but still mucho bass, and it's nicely controlled and detailed. Mids furthest back out of the bunch (but still not recessed by any means). Treble most forward and aggressive of the bunch. Driest of them all. Very wide and deep soundstage with lots of air and space between instruments (most "open" sounding of them all). Sometimes more fatiguing than the others after extended listening sessions. Sound awesome!

 

So, they all sound awesome, and I can honestly say that I love them all. :smile: 

post #1292 of 1941
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

Out of the LE's, H200's or CKS1000's, I can honestly say that I enjoy the ones that are in my ears at the time the most lol. 

 

LE's are the most neutral, realistic and natural sounding. Nice wide soundstage. Slightly warm. Full sounding. Non-fatiguing. Sound awesome!

 

H200's are a bit more u-shaped.. Bigger, more impactful and more forward bass. More forward/detailed treble. Mids are not really farther back, but the bass and treble are more forward giving a more u-shaped effect. Very full and detailed sounding. Deeper soundstage. A bit more colored. But very enjoyable. Sound awesome!

 

CKS1000's even more v-shaped. Bass not as powerful as with the H200's, but still mucho bass, and it's nicely controlled and detailed. Mids furthest back out of the bunch (but still not recessed by any means). Treble most forward and aggressive of the bunch. Driest of them all. Very wide and deep soundstage with lots of air and space between instruments (most "open" sounding of them all). Sometimes more fatiguing than the others after extended listening sessions. Sound awesome!

 

So, they all sound awesome, and I can honestly say that I love them all. :smile: 


^ OMG OMG OMG AMAZING IMPRESSIONS WAYNE!!! ;)

 

HYPE FOR THESE VSD1 LEs SUSTAINED!!! :tongue_smile: 

 

Have you tried the MT300 tips???

 

Or even the Lethals???

post #1293 of 1941

Indeed! The LE's are wonderful. And as far as form is concerned, they are my favourites. Small. Light. Flush. Wear them up. Wear them down. What's not to like? :)   Well, the cable is a bit wimpy, but so far it has been durable enough.

post #1294 of 1941

Well, I was just comparing the LE with the gr04 flagship (with the mh1's tips) and Le's separation is about on par with the gr04fe's. I can't make up my mind, which one I prefer more. The gr04fe has less bass and is a bit more balanced overall. Le's slightly smoother and fuller while the gr04fe is a bit crisper and more resolving but remains relatively smooth and forgiving too. The interesting thing is that with stock tips gr04fe has almost no sparkle but with the mh1's tips it has more than the LE, while LE's sparkle isn't much affected by the change of tips. 

I might put the gr04fe on par with the LE, which has more bass and is smoother and more refined sounding but a bit dark in comparison and slightly less resolving.

post #1295 of 1941
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

 

Have you tried the MT300 tips???

 

Or even the Lethals???

 

I think I've tried them all. And most of them sound really good on the LE's (ie the jvc fx3x tips sound great on them). But I tend to end back with the medium stock tips (followed closely by light blue gr07be tips and medium mh1c tips).

post #1296 of 1941
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

Indeed! The LE's are wonderful. And as far as form is concerned, they are my favourites. Small. Light. Flush. Wear them up. Wear them down. What's not to like? :)   Well, the cable is a bit wimpy, but so far it has been durable enough.

^ Same here loved the regular VSD1 form factor/ fit so much that these VSD1 LE are a no brainer for me. I like how they fit/ worn over the gr07 BE over ears.

 

Yeppp cable seems a bit thin but looks/ feel durable same cable as my VC02s so..... they get the job done.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

Well, I was just comparing the LE with the gr04 flagship (with the mh1's tips) and Le's separation is about on par with the gr04fe's. I can't make up my mind, which one I prefer more. The gr04fe has less bass and is a bit more balanced overall. Le's slightly smoother and fuller while the gr04fe is a bit crisper and more resolving but remains relatively smooth and forgiving too. The interesting thing is that with stock tips gr04fe has almost no sparkle but with the mh1's tips it has more than the LE, while LE's sparkle isn't much affected by the change of tips. 

I might put the gr04fe on par with the LE, which has more bass and is smoother and more refined sounding but a bit dark in comparison and slightly less resolving.

^ Glad those gr04 flagships are THAT great sounding but never heard them so i'll just have to take your word for it. :bigsmile_face:

post #1297 of 1941
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

 

^ Glad those gr04 flagships are THAT great sounding but never heard them so i'll just have to take your word for it. :bigsmile_face:

Well, not many people have them - everyone was busy buying the gr06 and missed out on the gr04fe that was only $51. That's what name confusion and lack of reading skills lead to. Now, technically comparing the LE to the gr04fe shouldn't be fair as gr04fe was originally like 110 bucks or so but props to vsonic for making just as good iem (if not better, depending on personal preferences) for cheaper.

post #1298 of 1941
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

I think I've tried them all. And most of them sound really good on the LE's (ie the jvc fx3x tips sound great on them). But I tend to end back with the medium stock tips (followed closely by light blue gr07be tips and medium mh1c tips).


Yeppp same here, i keep going back to the stock black tips as well, but boy is those Philips tips fun/ explosive. I might have to get a set of those Mee M6 tips cuz the ones i got from a friend was indeed the M9 tips.  His lame @ss got his M6s stolen. LMAO. :triportsad:

post #1299 of 1941
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 

HYPE FOR THESE VSD1 LEs SUSTAINED!!! :tongue_smile: 

 

Yo, LEs are almost sold out and most of us owning them as well........:wink:

 

So Bro, no more HYPE needed to sustain.:beerchug: He he....LoL Your Hype Project is Over and you are on paid leave, and get ready for VSD3 project next.......more instructions to follow.......:atsmile: Easy mate...

 

btw, you can buy a new pair of M6 instead buying just silicon tips.you get a pair of M6 themselves,a nice clam shell case. it's just upto you.......

post #1300 of 1941

Ok, finally got my VSD1 LE, out of the box i thought it was defective, it sounded very muddy, congested and bassy with almost no treble, but i'm glad it got better after a few minutes.

 

Now i have like 40 hours of burn in, it's sounding very good so far, i think i already like it better  than VSD1S. The most impressive think i noticed is the size of the soundstage, it's quite big and spacious, also good imaging, a step up for sure over VSD1S. Everything is fairly balanced, musical, smooth, natural with great timbre, far from analytical. VSD1S sounds a little more V shape to me with that extra boost in the treble (which can give the impression of more clarity), definitely more sibilant too.

 

I don't know yet if i like it better than the mh1c, but we will see if it gets even better with a little more burn in...:L3000: 


Edited by rhiga - 11/23/13 at 10:24pm
post #1301 of 1941

What are the differences b/w the LE's and the regular VSD1?

post #1302 of 1941
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfishP View Post
 

What are the differences b/w the LE's and the regular VSD1?


Well, VSD1(pop, vocal and rock music) and VSD1s (classical and jazz music) share same tech specs but LE has been tuned to 80ohms,besides some change in overall FR and sensitivity. LE ships with Less/No foam tips against those 2 models,which has 4 foamies.And LEs are ~$25-$32 pricier than those 2......

 

LE's are more neutral, wide SS and better paired with an Amp......more burn-in period. Real patience required.

 

Forgot,they also share a common, not well designed cable and 3.5mm jack strain relief.

 

edit> LEs are limited prod of just 1000 units were made and numbered from from 000-999 where these 3 digit serial #s are embossed on the right ear piece on every pair.


Edited by Shawn71 - 11/25/13 at 1:12am
post #1303 of 1941

Do you use any amp to drive the LE? And a bit off topic: Do you guys think using IEMs out in the winter is a bad idea? The winter at my place is around 40F -> 5F (5C -> -15C)


Edited by z7nz - 11/25/13 at 6:26am
post #1304 of 1941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post
 


Well, VSD1(pop, vocal and rock music) and VSD1s (classical and jazz music) share same tech specs but LE has been tuned to 80ohms,besides some change in overall FR and sensitivity. LE ships with Less/No foam tips against those 2 models,which has 4 foamies.And LEs are ~$25-$32 pricier than those 2......

 

LE's are more neutral, wide SS and better paired with an Amp......more burn-in period. Real patience required.

 

Forgot,they also share a common, not well designed cable and 3.5mm jack strain relief.

 

edit> LEs are limited prod of just 1000 units were made and numbered from from 000-999 where these 3 digit serial #s are embossed on the right ear piece on every pair.

Well, I wouldn't call it more neutral - maybe slightly more balanced. Also definitely not wider soundstage-wise - a bit better in the depth department though due to the better separation. IMO the cable is fine - light, soft and pliable. It might lack in thickness but there are a lot more expensive iems with worse cables, so I have no gripes with it. It's good to mention that the price difference with the other VSD1 models is because the LE is hard to get due to its limited production, so sellers raised the prices. In reality it cost the same as VSD1 and VSD1S in China and was only 10 bucks more expensive when I purchased mine.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by z7nz View Post
 

Do you use any amp to drive the LE? And a bit off topic: Do you guys think using IEMs out in the winter is a bad idea? The winter at my place is around 40F -> 5F (5C -> -15C)

Well, it depends on how powerful is your source and how loud you listen to your music. The LE needs more power due to its higher impedance but while it benefits a bit from the added power it doesn't neceseraly need an amp.

I've been using iems during the winter for years. It depends on the iem though - some iem/headphone cables stiffen a lot when it's too cold and might break or be damaged and also BA iems are more prone to issues with cold weather so I usually limit my use of armature iems when it's too cold and I know I'll be spending more time outside.

post #1305 of 1941

How do the VSD1 compare to the MH1?

The MH1 sound great (although a bit too bassy for me) but the stupid cable ruins it for me.

Also do you have any comparisons between the VSD1 and the GR04 and GR06?

thanks

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread