Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread - Page 85

post #1261 of 1886

Joker just gave the VSD1S the top pick under $50.

 

http://theheadphonelist.com/holiday-buyers-guide-best-earphones-under-50/

post #1262 of 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

So....

 

 

I've been using the light blue GR07BE tips on my VSD1LE's. Same as what you're referring to? I wouldn't be surprised, because I've been finding them to be possibly my favorites on the LE's sq-wise (and also comfort wise).

Not exactly. I've mixed a little bit my tips, so not super sure if these are the m6/s6 or a151's but anyway I don't see any difference (edit: actually, I think these are the m6/s6 ones and the a151's ones are with the smaller bore like the R1's tips (or B2's ?) - I should have organized my tips better coz now I'm not always sure which tips I'm using but I'm 99% sure these are the m6/s6's tips)

 

These are the small ones - the medium are around the same size as the blue vsonic ones. The blue ones are a bit higher and more rounded but technically the meelec tips give me better fit because the stems of the vsonic tips are shorter and the tips sit lower on the nozzle. Actually, even compared to the longer stock vsonic tips the difference in the insertion is like 1mm because of the longer meelec stem. It's obvious that the meelec tips have wider bore more in line with the old vsonic tips with colored stems (the new colored on the outside have slightly narrower bore). It's also clear that the meelec tips don't have that flat top of the tip reminiscent of the sony hybrids.


Edited by kova4a - 11/18/13 at 5:18pm
post #1263 of 1886

I use the light blue tip on my gr07be (perfect fit), and the pre-installed stock tip on my VSD1. I tried several Sony hybrid tips and none of them really give me a good seal on the VSD1. The light blue tip on the VSD1 is big for my ears for some reason, I guess because of the VSD1's thicker design so it keeps falling of my ears . And I found it sounds better using the stock tips

post #1264 of 1886
I like the ones with the foam sponge inlay, I think they help push out making the isolation that much better. I did however find it wore out sooner.
post #1265 of 1886
I think the LE needs an amp.. I had to drive em about twice the usual volume on my ak100 for it to truly shine
post #1266 of 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by B[van] View Post

I think the LE needs an amp.. I had to drive em about twice the usual volume on my ak100 for it to truly shine


Just half hour ago I did connect to E12 and the difference is not day and night but ok to me........exactly after 166 hours of burn-in I took this decision(pair w/ E12) to see how it sounds from raw. The Bass is there not heavy but yet smooth and precise. Good for long listen.

post #1267 of 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by B[van] View Post

I think the LE needs an amp.. I had to drive em about twice the usual volume on my ak100 for it to truly shine

It seems to be much less efficient than any of my other earphones.

post #1268 of 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

Not exactly. I've mixed a little bit my tips, so not super sure if these are the m6/s6 or a151's but anyway I don't see any difference (edit: actually, I think these are the m6/s6 ones and the a151's ones are with the smaller bore like the R1's tips (or B2's ?) - I should have organized my tips better coz now I'm not always sure which tips I'm using but I'm 99% sure these are the m6/s6's tips)

 

These are the small ones - the medium are around the same size as the blue vsonic ones. The blue ones are a bit higher and more rounded but technically the meelec tips give me better fit because the stems of the vsonic tips are shorter and the tips sit lower on the nozzle. Actually, even compared to the longer stock vsonic tips the difference in the insertion is like 1mm because of the longer meelec stem. It's obvious that the meelec tips have wider bore more in line with the old vsonic tips with colored stems (the new colored on the outside have slightly narrower bore). It's also clear that the meelec tips don't have that flat top of the tip reminiscent of the sony hybrids.

 

^ Hey Kova can you take a pic of your LEs with those Mee tips on, cuz i want to see their bore width to the LEs nozzle. i got a set of supposed M6 tips from a friend but the bore is pretty damn wide. The bore is like one ring size bigger than the nozzle so it looks nothing like how the stock VSD1 black tips fits.
 
Those tips i got probably is not Mee M6 tips judging by your pics but they sound good as well. In fact these LEs sound pretty damn good yet different no matter the what tips you throw on them. The closer the tips are to the stock ones, ie same wide bore/ length/ width the better sounding they are.
post #1269 of 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatmann View Post
 

It seems to be much less efficient than any of my other earphones.

Well, it does have 80ohm impedance, so it's actually pretty efficient given that. It needs about the same power as the sony mh1/c and the sony has only 16ohm impedance.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 
^ Hey Kova can you take a pic of your LEs with those Mee tips on, cuz i want to see their bore width to the LEs nozzle. i got a set of supposed M6 tips from a friend but the bore is pretty damn wide. The bore is like one ring size bigger than the nozzle so it looks nothing like how the stock VSD1 black tips fits.
 
Those tips i got probably is not Mee M6 tips judging by your pics but they sound good as well. In fact these LEs sound pretty damn good yet different no matter the what tips you throw on them. The closer the tips are to the stock ones, ie same wide bore/ length/ width the better sounding they are.

Maybe you have M9's tips. I tried to put its size in perspective compared to the stock pre-installed vsonic tips, so on the left is the meelec tip and on the right nozzle is the vsonic tip. It was kinda hard to alingn them properly and don't get the metal mesh on the nozzles flash like crazy but I hope the pics give you a general idea of the difference between the two.

 

 

Also on the second pic because the meelec tip doesn't extend as low on the nozzle and people can clearly see the whitish filter (or whatever) in the vent hole, which is different from the VSD1 and VSD1S.


Edited by kova4a - 11/20/13 at 8:21am
post #1270 of 1886

So after one month of waiting. My VSD1's are back from warranty replacement. The updated VSD1 now have a giant R on the right earbud located directly to the left of the VSD1 logo. Anyways, I decided to throw some sony hybrids on them, and man oh man are they much more comfortable. I can't really say anything about the sound yet as I have to burn these in these newer bad boys. Also how are the LE's in comparison?

post #1271 of 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfishP View Post
 

So after one month of waiting. My VSD1's are back from warranty replacement. The updated VSD1 now have a giant R on the right earbud located directly to the left of the VSD1 logo. Anyways, I decided to throw some sony hybrids on them, and man oh man are they much more comfortable. I can't really say anything about the sound yet as I have to burn these in these newer bad boys. Also how are the LE's in comparison?

Thanks for that coz I recently saw in a Russian review that in the pics both VSD1 and VSD1S had the letter R in Comic Sans and was wondering what the hell was that. 

Honestly, I think it kinda makes them uglier and also it's completely pointless. If you're going to look at the housings to tell apart the left from the right earpiece then you don't need a huge R coz the left housing has nothing written on it so it's not hard even at a glance to tell them apart.

Now I get that this might be helpful for new users, who can't tell the difference between the left and right channel sound when they are listening to music and are wondering, which is left and which is right, but vsonic could have put L and R markings on the inside of the housing next to the nozzles - and not in Comic Sans not that I have anything against it.


Edited by kova4a - 11/20/13 at 3:21pm
post #1272 of 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

Do you find that you get a proper seal with the smallest tips? I'm pretty sure that they would be too small for my ears, so it's a bummer that you say their medium sized tips don't fit

^ Welp judge them for yourself. They are pretty similar in size as the stock VSD1 tips. Here take a look for yourself....

 

 

... Left to right (VSD1 stock black tips, Philips SHE9700 smallest size tips, SHE9700 largest tips)

.... Left to right (SHE9700 largest tip sets, SHE9700 smallest tips, VSD1 stock black tips)

 

As you can see above the smallest SHE9700 tips are pretty close to the size of the VSD1s, and they are able to fit the nozzle of the VSD1s cuz the stem is thicker than the largest SHE9700 tips and their bore is slightly more wide as well.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B[van] View Post

I think the LE needs an amp.. I had to drive em about twice the usual volume on my ak100 for it to truly shine

Yeppp these LEs takes amping/ EQing like a Champ. They will shine like crazy with more power that's for sure.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

Well, it does have 80ohm impedance, so it's actually pretty efficient given that. It needs about the same power as the sony mh1/c and the sony has only 16ohm impedance.

 

Maybe you have M9's tips. I tried to put its size in perspective compared to the stock pre-installed vsonic tips, so on the left is the meelec tip and on the right nozzle is the vsonic tip. It was kinda hard to alingn them properly and don't get the metal mesh on the nozzles flash like crazy but I hope the pics give you a general idea of the difference between the two.

 

 

Also on the second pic because the meelec tip doesn't extend as low on the nozzle and people can clearly see the whitish filter (or whatever) in the vent hole, which is different from the VSD1 and VSD1S.

Welp i took some pics of the "m6s" tip i got from a friend and as you can see their bore is REALLY wide, the nozzle of these VSD1 is one ring size away from the walls of the bore.

 

Left to right (Mee "m6" tips, VSD1 stock black tips )                                                                   ( The bore of the "m6" tips is crazy wide in comparison)

 

 

Here are some tips of the on. Left to right (Mee"m6" tips, VSD1 Stock black tips)    (There is a A LOT of separation in between the nozzle of the "m6" tips compared to the stock VSD1 ones)

 

So does these "m6" tips i got fit the same as yours Kova???

post #1273 of 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Welp i took some pics of the "m6s" tip i got from a friend and as you can see their bore is REALLY wide, the nozzle of these VSD1 is one ring size away from the walls of the bore.

 

Left to right (Mee "m6" tips, VSD1 stock black tips )                                                                   ( The bore of the "m6" tips is crazy wide in comparison)

 

 

Here are some tips of the on. Left to right (Mee"m6" tips, VSD1 Stock black tips)    (There is a A LOT of separation in between the nozzle of the "m6" tips compared to the stock VSD1 ones)

 

 

So does these "m6" tips i got fit the same as yours Kova???

Well, as you can see from my pictures the answer is clearly no - there is no space between the LE's nozzle and the tips. The tips from your pic are not m6's tips - look like m9's but they are meant for wider nozzles like 5.5mm and obviously not fit the vsonic properly and the bore is way too wide..

post #1274 of 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

Well, as you can see from my pictures the answer is clearly no - there is no space between the LE's nozzle and the tips. The tips from your pic are not m6's tips - look like m9's but they are meant for wider nozzles like 5.5mm and obviously not fit the vsonic properly and the bore is way too wide..


Oh Ok, yeah i doubted they were the same judging from the pics you posted as well. Looks like i might have to buy some m6 tips but these LEs still sound great even with that crazy wide bore on them. 

 

Damn these LEs are fun and with different tips you can get a numerous different presentations that all sound great. The stock tips are the more realistic/ natural and "flatter" sounding, the SHE9700s is the most explosive and is AMAZING with hip hop/ sync music, but not as realistic sounding for instrumental/ acoustic music, the pseudo "m6" tips sound somewhere in between but has big bass punch as well. Also i tried some TDK MT-300 tips on them and they are the most close to the stock VSD1 tips in sonic presentation/ characteristic but with more added weight/ bass as well, really clean sounding as well as fun. But the most fun is still the Philips SHE9700 tips. :basshead:

post #1275 of 1886
I'm using it with the shure black tips, sony hybrid clones (colored stem) and some ortofon tips

Will report back on findings soon biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread