Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread - Page 78

post #1156 of 1891
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

Im married, got married in june 1 2013 tongue.gif.....going back to wife biggrin.gif


OHHHHHHHHHHHH SCHIITTTTTTTTTTTTT!!! BIG CONGRATS!!! Ma' Chill dood.

 

It's that time again. :bigsmile_face:

 

1000

 

Maybe we'll be seeing baby chills on head-fi real soon. LMAO :beerchug:

post #1157 of 1891

After my order, I received this from Penonaudio -- maybe we'll have a new Congress by then:

 

"Normally delivery takes 1015 days"

post #1158 of 1891

So I hadn't listened to my LE since my last impressions, so I decided to give it another listen today after it had been burned in for about 100 hours. The LE has become totally boring. 

post #1159 of 1891
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

So I hadn't listened to my LE since my last impressions, so I decided to give it another listen today after it had been burned in for about 100 hours. The LE has become totally boring. 


^ I'll buy them off of ya'. Or trade my VSD1 Classics for them or even better, my VC02s. :)

 

Man what a strange twist of events. I LOVE these to no end.

 

Check your sources kova.

 

They sound pretty good on my 5th gen ipod classic, but with more power/ better dac from my venturecraft amp/dac, these shine like no ones business.

 

Remember my friend: "Scalability/ malleability baby is what these VSD1 LEs be!!!"

post #1160 of 1891
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


^ I'll buy them off of ya'. Or trade my VSD1 Classics for them or even better, my VC02s. :)

 

Man what a strange twist of events. I LOVE these to no end.

 

Check your sources kova.

 

They sound pretty good on my 5th gen ipod classic, but with more power/ better dac from my venturecraft amp/dac, these shine like no ones business.

 

Remember my friend: "Scalability/ malleability baby is what these VSD1 LEs be!!!"

Nah, it's boring only figuratively speaking. 

post #1161 of 1891

After the burn-in the LE has lost some of its fullness and lushness. Now its more intimate presentation shows even more, especially next to the VSD1 and VSD1S, which are both fuller and wider sounding. On the other hand the LE now has the edge in clarity. With its darker background and less fullness it just sounds tighter. So while its brothers sound more airy and open and some people might prefer their more engaging presentation, the LE has its strong sides too. The LE has better clarity and separation even though it still has a slightly thicker note presentation and the VSD1/S have a touch more neutral tone. 

Overall, the LE is a bit intimate next to both VSD1 and VSD1S but it also sounds more focused and is the most accurate out of the 3 versions.

post #1162 of 1891
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

Nah, it's boring only figuratively speaking. 

 

+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

After the burn-in the LE has lost some of its fullness and lushness. Now its more intimate presentation shows even more, especially next to the VSD1 and VSD1S, which are both fuller and wider sounding. On the other hand the LE now has the edge in clarity. With its darker background and less fullness it just sounds tighter. So while its brothers sound more airy and open and some people might prefer their more engaging presentation, the LE has its strong sides too. The LE has better clarity and separation even though it still has a slightly thicker note presentation and the VSD1/S have a touch more neutral tone. 

Overall, the LE is a bit intimate next to both VSD1 and VSD1S but it also sounds more focused and is the most accurate out of the 3 versions.

^ Stop trollin' fool!!! :deadhorse:

 

Welp agreed with most of your observations, and that these indeed seem to have lost some fullness but lushness for me remained the same if not improved. The so called lost in "lushness" has made these even more transparent with even better clarity as you stated. Maybe this is due to the bass end becoming tighter with more texture as compared to the "rounder" bass quality from my initial pre-burn-in listens. And yes the darker background of these LEs is indeed much better compared to the regular VSD1 or even the gr07 BEs, so combined with their full out of your head sound makes these LEs sound like listening to a full size set of cans for me. For me they sound MUCH more airy and open with a wider/ fuller sound than all my other VSonics but they also have a slightly thicker note presentation as you have stated, yet they sound intimate as well. These LEs still sound really natural to me, on par if not better than the regular VSD1s.

post #1163 of 1891
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 

 

^ Stop trollin' fool!!! :deadhorse:

 

Welp agreed with most of your observations, and that these indeed seem to have lost some fullness but lushness for me remained the same if not improved. The so called lost in "lushness" has made these even more transparent with even better clarity as you stated. Maybe this is due to the bass end becoming tighter with more texture as compared to the "rounder" bass quality from my initial pre-burn-in listens. And yes the darker background of these LEs is indeed much better compared to the regular VSD1 or even the gr07 BEs, so combined with their full out of your head sound makes these LEs sound like listening to a full size set of cans for me. For me they sound MUCH more airy and open with a wider/ fuller sound than all my other VSonics but they also have a slightly thicker note presentation as you have stated, yet they sound intimate as well. These LEs still sound really natural to me, on par if not better than the regular VSD1s.

Well, by lushness I meant a bit of the warmth and air. The LE still has a touch ticker note presentation, which makes it sound a tad richer in addition to its already tighter sound. I don't find the bass particularly tighter. Again as in my very first impressions I disagree with that "out of the head" and "wider/fuller" sound. It's definitely not like comparing VSD1 and VSD1S where I'll say "oh, the VSD1 sounds a touch fuller and maybe has a tad better height soundstage-wide". No, both VSD1 and VSD1S are clearly fuller and wider - that becomes apparent right away on direct comparison unlike with the VSD1 and VSD1S where I had to force my hearing to detect the slight differences in the size of the soundstage.

As I said though it's the lack of the amount of air in the presentation that VSD1 and VSD1S have that mainly makes it clearer and with a darker blackground. And I don't mind the more intimate presentation, especially now that I gave my a161p to my brother coz I like to have at least one iem that conveys intimacy properly.

post #1164 of 1891
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

Well, by lushness I meant a bit of the warmth and air. The LE still has a touch ticker note presentation, which makes it sound a tad richer in addition to its already tighter sound. I don't find the bass particularly tighter. Again as in my very first impressions I disagree with that "out of the head" and "wider/fuller" sound. It's definitely not like comparing VSD1 and VSD1S where I'll say "oh, the VSD1 sounds a touch fuller and maybe has a tad better height soundstage-wide". No, both VSD1 and VSD1S are clearly fuller and wider - that becomes apparent right away on direct comparison unlike with the VSD1 and VSD1S where I had to force my hearing to detect the slight differences in the size of the soundstage.

As I said though it's the lack of the amount of air in the presentation that VSD1 and VSD1S have that mainly makes it clearer and with a darker blackground. And I don't mind the more intimate presentation, especially now that I gave my a161p to my brother coz I like to have at least one iem that conveys intimacy properly.


Welp lets just agree to disagree, cuz we all hear differently and this is what makes this hobby fun. No love lost here meng, alls i know is that i am freaken diggin' these LEs. Nuff said. :beerchug:

post #1165 of 1891

Awwwww I want a VSD1 LE! 

Damn, guess I missed out haha
I shot the eBay seller a PM, see if he's getting any new stock in (probably not ;_; )

post #1166 of 1891
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post
 

Awwwww I want a VSD1 LE! 

Damn, guess I missed out haha
I shot the eBay seller a PM, see if he's getting any new stock in (probably not ;_; )


^ Don't fall for THE HYPE!!! ;)

post #1167 of 1891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatmann View Post
 

After my order, I received this from Penonaudio -- maybe we'll have a new Congress by then:

 

"Normally delivery takes 1015 days"


yeah..it's 10-15 days.

post #1168 of 1891
With any luck i should be able to get mine this week, since hk to singapore is relatively close redface.gif
post #1169 of 1891
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


^ Don't fall for THE HYPE!!! ;)

Your the only person here who's hyping them! Or are you trolling everybody... ;)

post #1170 of 1891
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post
 

Your the only person here who's hyping them! Or are you trolling everybody... ;)

Well, I don't recall saying anywhere that the LE isn't good. Just because sf is really trying to sell them really hard while I'm just stating my opinion, doesn't mean that he's the only one liking them. And yeah, he's trolling constantly even when praising stuff.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread