Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price. - Page 5

post #61 of 626

Hey ClieOS, do you have any experience with Cowon devices? I know they're different from the X3 in terms of features, but I was just curious to know. I've always been interested in a Cowon product due to their stunning designs and supposed good audio quality but I've never jumped the gun on them. Part of me says to get the X3 due to a variety of reasons (25/96 playback, line out, etc.), but the other part of me is saying to wait until a J3+ is released (hopefully carrying the J3's legendary battery life, awesome user interface that can be adjusted, etc.).

post #62 of 626
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Hey ClieOS, do you have any experience with Cowon devices?

 

None, since there is no local presence of Cowon.

post #63 of 626

Great review.  I may have to look at this when it comes out.  I use my ipod classic now with a line out cable but would like another portable device to take along with me.  This sounds perfect.  

 

Now if only I can find another good program that will organize all my music for me like how well itunes works.. i may be able leave apple all together.  I may need to try out DoubleTwist.  

post #64 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post


It has been mentioned in the navigation section of the review. It is called 'favorites'.

 

That seems like a "to go" favorite list that is created on the player itself.  Can you create a custom playlist in Media Monkey and transfer it to the X3?  And does it support multiple playlists or just 1?

 

Thanks for the comprehensive review. Very informative.

post #65 of 626
Great review, thanks for this, Clio. I am looking forward to U.S. availability and I'll be getting this for sure!
post #66 of 626
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

 

That seems like a "to go" favorite list that is created on the player itself.  Can you create a custom playlist in Media Monkey and transfer it to the X3?  And does it support multiple playlists or just 1?

 

Thanks for the comprehensive review. Very informative.

 

M3U files (playlist) is not supported, as far as I know. Only CUE is supported, but it isn't exactly a playlist.


Edited by ClieOS - 5/19/13 at 8:26am
post #67 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Hey ClieOS, do you have any experience with Cowon devices? I know they're different from the X3 in terms of features, but I was just curious to know. I've always been interested in a Cowon product due to their stunning designs and supposed good audio quality but I've never jumped the gun on them. Part of me says to get the X3 due to a variety of reasons (25/96 playback, line out, etc.), but the other part of me is saying to wait until a J3+ is released (hopefully carrying the J3's legendary battery life, awesome user interface that can be adjusted, etc.).


Cowon seems intent on going the way of the buffalo with their latest releases, so I wouldn't hold your breath. My question about the X3 for James: When will distributors in Vietnam have the X3? June, July or later? Thanks in advance.

post #68 of 626

Subscribed

post #69 of 626

hi people, and ClieOs thanks for your beautiful review. as an old hm601 user i can't help but wonder :

how do they (x3 vs 601 / 602) compare in terms of

- detail retrieval in music (i think 601s sound is a highly detailed one)

- instrument separation

- soundstage

also, do you think that flat frequency of x3 w/o the roll-off seen in 602 bring more "air" to music?

post #70 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenedosian View Post

hi people, and ClieOs thanks for your beautiful review. as an old hm601 user i can't help but wonder :
how do they (x3 vs 601 / 602) compare in terms of
- detail retrieval in music (i think 601s sound is a highly detailed one)
- instrument separation
- soundstage
also, do you think that flat frequency of x3 w/o the roll-off seen in 602 bring more "air" to music?

Actually I'm curious about the HM-601 comparison too. I didn't find the 601 detailed per se, but it had really great texture in the bass and midrange.

Also, CliOS, can Rockbox be installed on the X3? I know there was a giant debate about it in the old old X3 thread.
post #71 of 626

ClieOS, thanks for your detailed review. It is informative and helpful. I will check whether there is MediaMonkey for mac.

I particularly like your summary.

post #72 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post


Actually I'm curious about the HM-601 comparison too. I didn't find the 601 detailed per se, but it had really great texture in the bass and midrange.

Also, CliOS, can Rockbox be installed on the X3? I know there was a giant debate about it in the old old X3 thread.


No Rockbox for the X3.

post #73 of 626
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenedosian View Post

hi people, and ClieOs thanks for your beautiful review. as an old hm601 user i can't help but wonder :

how do they (x3 vs 601 / 602) compare in terms of

- detail retrieval in music (i think 601s sound is a highly detailed one)

- instrument separation

- soundstage

also, do you think that flat frequency of x3 w/o the roll-off seen in 602 bring more "air" to music?

 

Detail is slightly better on the X3, but not something very noticeable during a brief listening since the two are more alike than they are different. Yes, the most obvious part is that X3 has better air, and you can hear the crispiness of the note extends just a tap higher. Instrument separation is better on the X3, but again not vastly. This is mostly due to better channel separation on the X3. Soundstage is slightly better on the HM602, which is more rounded. In comparison, X3 has better depth but slightly lesser width, so the soundstage is more elongated to the front. But on the other hand, it is much darker than HM602.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Also, CliOS, can Rockbox be installed on the X3? I know there was a giant debate about it in the old old X3 thread.

 

No RB, and likely never will be.

post #74 of 626
Subbed
post #75 of 626
Can we expect the x3 in Germany? I noticed that in Germany it's hard to get fiio products.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price.