Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price. - Page 30

post #436 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0lar View Post
 

Will I make the X3 sound better when I use line-out to iBasso T5? How does the DAC compare to the one in DX50 and other DAP?

 

All output sections of the X3 are great. Don't bother with an amp. Chances are that the X3 has more power than most amps, and can outperform them because the signal comes straight from the device; no worry about poor inputs/outputs, loss of stereo image, etc. The X3 is in terms of performance the real McCoy. Amazing.

post #437 of 601
No matter what DAP manufacturers do to include a good built-in headphone amp, people here still insist on using external headphone amps… sigh. Why bother?
post #438 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by skamp View Post

No matter what DAP manufacturers do to include a good built-in headphone amp, people here still insist on using external headphone amps… sigh. Why bother?

 

I only use an external headphone amp when I am at home, with the line-out from one of my iPods (especially the one iPod with the dead headphone-out) . I never carry an amp around on the go.

 

And if I had a DX50 or an X3, I certainly wouldn't bother with an external amp.

post #439 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

 

I only use an external headphone amp when I am at home, with the line-out from one of my iPods (especially the one iPod with the dead headphone-out) . I never carry an amp around on the go.

 

And if I had a DX50 or an X3, I certainly wouldn't bother with an external amp.

 



Agreed. X3 or DX50 got plenty of power. And especially impressed with DX50 on how effortless it sound when pushing out all that voltage. X3 while having sufficient power at times it can use more refinement. Still with these DAP standalone is probably the intended use case.

But this is not to say there is absolutely no improvement with a good portable amp. I quite like what I heard from the DX50 lineout to International. Extremely refined sound with excellent soundstage and pitch black with a lot of microdynamics compared to standalone. But for me I need the rig in my pants pocket on the go so no matter how good it sounded I'd still use it standalone on-to-go. Having said that i'm still tempted to get a nice portable amp to pair it with the DX50 as an easy to transport rig for say office/hotel usage.
post #440 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0lar View Post
 

Will I make the X3 sound better when I use line-out to iBasso T5? How does the DAC compare to the one in DX50 and other DAP?

 

 

you don't need a T5 if you want more power caz the power output of X3 is bigger than T5. but it is ok if you want to use the amp section of T5 to replace the amp section of X3 , it is OK.

post #441 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

 

 

you don't need a T5 if you want more power caz the power output of X3 is bigger than T5. but it is ok if you want to use the amp section of T5 to replace the amp section of X3 , it is OK.

 

This is why I sometimes bother; one might have a better amp than the e17 that powers the x3 (and doesn't mind carrying it around, of course).

post #442 of 601

It's not a power thing, but I like the synergy between T5 and RE0.

post #443 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0lar View Post
 

It's not a power thing, but I like the synergy between T5 and RE0.

 

yes, that is why HM801/901 have so many different kinds of amp card 

post #444 of 601

Hi Guys,

 

I have found an issue. When I use the menu item "Play All" sometimes the X3 will display "file not supported" even though it is an ALAC or AIFF track.

However, when I then switch to "Browse Files" menu item and search for the track, it plays just fine.

 

Sorry if this issue has been previously discussed. Am I doing something wrong ?

post #445 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltunes View Post
 

Hi Guys,

 

I have found an issue. When I use the menu item "Play All" sometimes the X3 will display "file not supported" even though it is an ALAC or AIFF track.

However, when I then switch to "Browse Files" menu item and search for the track, it plays just fine.

 

Sorry if this issue has been previously discussed. Am I doing something wrong ?

 

please update the music library first . and make sure you are use the newest firmware 1.31

post #446 of 601

I am using Firmware 1.31 & I have 'Update Library' set to "Auto'.

post #447 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltunes View Post
 

Hi Guys,

 

I have found an issue. When I use the menu item "Play All" sometimes the X3 will display "file not supported" even though it is an ALAC or AIFF track.

However, when I then switch to "Browse Files" menu item and search for the track, it plays just fine.

 

Sorry if this issue has been previously discussed. Am I doing something wrong ?

mine does the same. i am useing a sandisc ultra card thats 64 gigs

post #448 of 601
Hey guys, sorry to interrupt the flow of conversation, but how do the x3 stack up against the ibasso dx50, hm-602 and the imod (using 5.5 chassis, dac plus a bigger harddrive and rockbox)? I'm posting here because I haven't found any threads and I need to find out really soon.
post #449 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post
 

 

 

I've been impressed with the X3. My gripes are pretty much all design/function related. Sound-wise, I find no real, court-admissable faults at all with it. I finally published my full review of it today after getting a few headphones properly compared. At the price it is sold at abroad, amazing deal. Truly amazing. I'm excited to see where Fiio takes this series and hope to see a much better control layout. 

 

But I don't think there is a player that truly tops the X3 for features/price/size. Yes, you get a number of 'betters' in the top end HM series and top DX series' players, but in terms of raw performance, the X3 isn't touched by its direct price bracket competition.

Great review shigzeo, now if we can only get you to do one for the DX50, DX100, and balanced 901 followed by a comparison and some sort of detailed subjective rating system. :wink_face:

post #450 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post
 

 

 

I've been impressed with the X3. My gripes are pretty much all design/function related. Sound-wise, I find no real, court-admissable faults at all with it. I finally published my full review of it today after getting a few headphones properly compared. At the price it is sold at abroad, amazing deal. Truly amazing. I'm excited to see where Fiio takes this series and hope to see a much better control layout. 

 

But I don't think there is a player that truly tops the X3 for features/price/size. Yes, you get a number of 'betters' in the top end HM series and top DX series' players, but in terms of raw performance, the X3 isn't touched by its direct price bracket competition.

 Thanks for a very helpful review shigzeo - I intend to get one of these to use with ACS T1's - do you think this would be a good match?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price.