Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price. - Page 26

post #376 of 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimOgawa View Post

can the X3 support 128 GB of micro SDXC card?

Nobody knows.....they don't exist yet.

post #377 of 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by visanj View Post

I am listening to my X3 after 30 hours flat burn-in..but still I feel that E17 sounds better than X3. My Xperia S (with JB) has similar sound quality as X3

 

I started feeling that I wasted my money on X3 :(

 

Does it need more burn-in? or is it picky towards IEMs? I'm using Brainwavz M2 IEM

 

If you haven't already, try adjusting the gain and adjust the treble / bass controls.  I found those made a huge difference.

post #378 of 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico613 View Post

 

If you haven't already, try adjusting the gain and adjust the treble / bass controls.  I found those made a huge difference.

 

adjusting gain lowers the quality due to IEM's impedance may be. Tried adjusting treble and bass controls..not much difference...I feel slight better resolution than my Xperia S but thats about it...Xperia S is more enjoyable than X3

post #379 of 627
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphonesRock View Post


Many thanks for your reply ClieOS.

So as long as I transfer my individual music album folders into the Fiio's internal library, then I should get gapless functionality the same as I get on my Cowon i9?

The internal library, is that linked to the internal memory only, or will it work with with a 64GB Micro SD Card?

 

I'd hate to spend £200, including 64GB Micro SD Card, just for me to go backwards in functionality.

 

You need to either manually update the internal library database or set the X3 to auto update itself (all in the setting menu). As long as the files are all indexed correctly and show up in the library under one album name (be sure the album artist and artist are all the same in the ID3tag), then gapless will be supported when you play the music via 'category > album > whatever album you want'.

 

The internal library is just a database to keep track of all the albums' metadata. It will work on both internal and external memory.

post #380 of 627
ClieOS, thought I'd pop into here for a quick question regarding a comparison. smily_headphones1.gif

Between the X3/C5 combo and the C3/C5 combo, which do you say is superior, and in which ways are they better?

Thanks.
post #381 of 627
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

ClieOS, thought I'd pop into here for a quick question regarding a comparison. smily_headphones1.gif

Between the X3/C5 combo and the C3/C5 combo, which do you say is superior, and in which ways are they better?

Thanks.

 

Both X3 and C3 are very clean when used as a source to another amp, but X3 does have a proper line-out and much higher dynamic range compared to C3's maxed headphone-out. X3 also handles a wider range of files type as well as 24/192 recoding. The larger screen is also easier to use, especially if you have a lot of files to browse through. Though C3 is smaller in size, it weights almost as much as X3 (127g vs. 135g), so there isn't any advantage there. The only aspect C3 is a way ahead of X3 will be on the battery life. X3 will run over 10 hours easily (could be as many as 15 hrs )when used as line-out source only but C3 will run much longer generally. The EQ system on X3 is hardware based and generally more useful (though a bit limited) and better behaved than the software EQ on C3.

 

So unless battery life is an concern, I'll say X3 is better overall.

post #382 of 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

 

You need to either manually update the internal library database or set the X3 to auto update itself (all in the setting menu). As long as the files are all indexed correctly and show up in the library under one album name (be sure the album artist and artist are all the same in the ID3tag), then gapless will be supported when you play the music via 'category > album > whatever album you want'.

 

The internal library is just a database to keep track of all the albums' metadata. It will work on both internal and external memory.

 

Excellent ClieOS, just what I'm after. X3 and Momentums on their way... Can't wait  normal_smile%20.gif

post #383 of 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

 

Both X3 and C3 are very clean when used as a source to another amp, but X3 does have a proper line-out and much higher dynamic range compared to C3's maxed headphone-out. X3 also handles a wider range of files type as well as 24/192 recoding. The larger screen is also easier to use, especially if you have a lot of files to browse through. Though C3 is smaller in size, it weights almost as much as X3 (127g vs. 135g), so there isn't any advantage there. The only aspect C3 is a way ahead of X3 will be on the battery life. X3 will run over 10 hours easily (could be as many as 15 hrs )when used as line-out source only but C3 will run much longer generally. The EQ system on X3 is hardware based and generally more useful (though a bit limited) and better behaved than the software EQ on C3.

 

So unless battery life is an concern, I'll say X3 is better overall.

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for that!

 

Seems the X3 doesn't do too bad for its price. I guess we shall have to see how it will fair up against the DX50:)

post #384 of 627
Finally got a chance to test out the X3 it's pretty good! Love it's small size and its solid build quality. I've only used I products so I don't have other dap to compare it to but for the price I'm sure it stacks well against everything.

Well the tryout is over so if anyone is interested in the X3 I've put mine up for sale. It's in mint condition and includes everything as new. I've priced it to sale and will listen to reasonable offers. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. The link to the listing is below in my signature.


Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif
post #385 of 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post

Finally got a chance to test out the X3 it's pretty good! Love it's small size and its solid build quality. I've only used I products so I don't have other dap to compare it to but for the price I'm sure it stacks well against everything.

Well the tryout is over so if anyone is interested in the X3 I've put mine up for sale.

 

.....confused.gif......WTF?  Why are you selling it?

post #386 of 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post

 

.....confused.gif......WTF?  Why are you selling it?

I'm in the same spot. I've had it for some 10 days, and at first I was impressed with its SQ, or at least I thought so, maybe it was more the raw power of the device that made me think it was better than the Walkman, or maybe it was my trying too hard to convince myself this was it, but then after a few days I went back to my Walkman Z1060 and I noticed a difference in quality in favor of the Walkman. 

 

I can't hear little details on the X3, I simply can't (bass and drum beats get lost somewhere behind a grinding guitar). It has become a noisy mess, thin voices, tiring sound signature overall. 

 

I don't know, maybe it is because it doesn't pair very well with low impedance phones like my Momentum, but I definitively feel like I wasted my money pursuing an improvement in SQ over the Walkman.


Edited by DrKrFfXx - 8/28/13 at 10:57am
post #387 of 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post

Finally got a chance to test out the X3 it's pretty good! Love it's small size and its solid build quality. I've only used I products so I don't have other dap to compare it to but for the price I'm sure it stacks well against everything.

Well the tryout is over so if anyone is interested in the X3 I've put mine up for sale.

 

.....confused.gif......WTF?  Why are you selling it?

 

LOL I just don't have the time for it right now and I'm gear rolling like a crazy person right now so its on to the next one. Selling has no bearing on quality of the product. I like it, and think its an absolute steal for the price. 

 

 

Thanks,

 

evil_smiley.gif

post #388 of 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

 

You need to either manually update the internal library database or set the X3 to auto update itself (all in the setting menu). As long as the files are all indexed correctly and show up in the library under one album name (be sure the album artist and artist are all the same in the ID3tag), then gapless will be supported when you play the music via 'category > album > whatever album you want'.

 

The internal library is just a database to keep track of all the albums' metadata. It will work on both internal and external memory.

I've done all of this and I am still having issues with gapless playback. This is with lossless files, which if I'm not mistaken should not happen, as lossless files are supposed to be immune to gapless issues are they not? I know all of my files are properly tagged and yet when I go into categories/album all of the tracks of all of the albums I have loaded on the player are shown in one long list. I figured I had to wait for another firmware update as even James from FiiO says that they need a firmware update to correct the gapless playback issues.

post #389 of 627
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by good sound View Post

I've done all of this and I am still having issues with gapless playback. This is with lossless files, which if I'm not mistaken should not happen, as lossless files are supposed to be immune to gapless issues are they not? I know all of my files are properly tagged and yet when I go into categories/album all of the tracks of all of the albums I have loaded on the player are shown in one long list. I figured I had to wait for another firmware update as even James from FiiO says that they need a firmware update to correct the gapless playback issues.

 

Not sure. None of my FLAC music are gapless. I tested gapless only on my 320kbps mp3 and they all fine.

post #390 of 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by good sound View Post

.....lossless files are supposed to be immune to gapless issues are they not?...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

None of my FLAC music are gapless.

 

I am pretty sure both you guys know this already but just in case: Gapless has nothing to do with the file type, i.e. Flac or MP3. Gapless is done by the players FW. It either does gapless playback or it doesn't.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price.