Recent Images In This Thread
- productFiiO E12 Mont Blanctagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productFiiO X3 Portable Music Playertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productJDS Labs C5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productLeckerton Audio uha 4 slimline portable amptagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best $100 amp? Last post on 9/18/13 at 7:34pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- The Sub-$200 Portable Amps Shootout – 13 (+11) amps compared Last post on 4/13/15 at 12:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Inexpensive portable amp/DAC with FiiO X3 Last post on 2/23/15 at 4:09am in Portable Source Gear
- Sennheiser 429s no highs when plugged into DAC Last post on 2/11/15 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Sub-$200 IEM with a Few Requirements Last post on 1/19/15 at 4:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
As my wife will tell you, at just about every major audio show I attend I buy something (shocker right?). There’s something cool about looking at my pieces of gear and thinking about the show...
So i bought the DT 880 250 Ohm Pro model. I also have KEf m200 in ears, a pair of AKG k450. I owned Audio Technica m30, Sennheiser Momentum on ear and Beyerdynamic dt 770 80 Ohm. The difference is...
Introduction Over the past year, Audiofly released their "Performance" range of IEMs, designed by musicians as stage monitors. A while back I had a chance to sample the top of the range AF180 and...
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
[Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price. - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks for the review ClieOS. So I guess album art isn't supported on flac even if it is embedded. A very minor quibble I guess but would like to see it in a future firmware update.
Yes, each new feature may adds some bugs and spend time to test, so we now try to fix all the bugs and make the current firmware more stable,
some new features will be added in the future.
1, AIFF support.
2, Album cover of FLAC, WAV, APE, ALAC and other format.
Perfectly understandable. Thanks James!
Likely needs an additional or larger buffer implemented. I guess it depends on how one feels about buffers that 'should' be inaudible.
I can compare it to any DAP if you are willing to send one my way :)
Clieos, do you have a headstage arrow or a pico slim? If so, could you put it under the x3 so that we could see how thick they would be together?
Edit: an E17 instead of the x3 would work too, since they're about the same thickness.
Edited by thegunner100 - 5/14/13 at 2:27pm
hey man, a bit offtopic but any chance for a review on the d20? :)
That's because of the high output power. Your D20 puts out 29mW per channel @16ohms, whereas the X3 is pushing out 300mW @16ohms. 500mW @16ohms. (as noted by JamesFiiO below)
Edited by Achmedisdead - 5/15/13 at 3:12am
X3 is pushing out 500mW @16 ohms,
- [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Selling everything!!! Schiit Fulla, Yamaha HPH-MT220, Sony... 16 seconds ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 26 seconds ago
- › Denon D2000/5000/7000 plastic rings 57 seconds ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 3 minutes ago
- › Audio G-D NFB 15.32 DAC/Headphone Amp - Condition: 8/10 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 5 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2