Recent Images In This Thread
- productFiiO E12 Mont Blanctagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productFiiO X3 Portable Music Playertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productJDS Labs C5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productLeckerton Audio uha 4 slimline portable amptagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best $100 amp? Last post on 9/18/13 at 7:34pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- The Sub-$200 Portable Amps Shootout – 13 (+11) amps compared Last post on 7/27/14 at 5:41am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Inexpensive portable amp/DAC with FiiO X3 Last post on 9/25/13 at 9:46am in Portable Source Gear
- Backpacking This Summer. Need Portable AMP/DAC Last post on 7/6/14 at 8:57am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp or Amp/DAC? Last post on 6/21/14 at 3:31am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: Today
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
[Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price. - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks for the review ClieOS. So I guess album art isn't supported on flac even if it is embedded. A very minor quibble I guess but would like to see it in a future firmware update.
Yes, each new feature may adds some bugs and spend time to test, so we now try to fix all the bugs and make the current firmware more stable,
some new features will be added in the future.
1, AIFF support.
2, Album cover of FLAC, WAV, APE, ALAC and other format.
Perfectly understandable. Thanks James!
Likely needs an additional or larger buffer implemented. I guess it depends on how one feels about buffers that 'should' be inaudible.
I can compare it to any DAP if you are willing to send one my way :)
Clieos, do you have a headstage arrow or a pico slim? If so, could you put it under the x3 so that we could see how thick they would be together?
Edit: an E17 instead of the x3 would work too, since they're about the same thickness.
Edited by thegunner100 - 5/14/13 at 2:27pm
hey man, a bit offtopic but any chance for a review on the d20? :)
That's because of the high output power. Your D20 puts out 29mW per channel @16ohms, whereas the X3 is pushing out 300mW @16ohms. 500mW @16ohms. (as noted by JamesFiiO below)
Edited by Achmedisdead - 5/15/13 at 3:12am
X3 is pushing out 500mW @16 ohms,
- [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 16 seconds ago
- › Home Audiophile Setup Advise Required 35 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Bose Sues Beats for Patent Infringement 2 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 2 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 2 minutes ago
- › HE-400 vs HD650 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)