Recent Images In This Thread
- productFiiO E12 Mont Blanctagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productFiiO X3 Portable Music Playertagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productJDS Labs C5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productLeckerton Audio uha 4 slimline portable amptagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best $100 amp? Last post on 9/18/13 at 7:34pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- The Sub-$200 Portable Amps Shootout – 13 (+11) amps compared Last post on Today at 8:00 am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Inexpensive portable amp/DAC with FiiO X3 Last post on 9/25/13 at 9:46am in Portable Source Gear
- Sennheiser HD 380 Pro: Amp, DAC, or both? Last post on 11/30/13 at 11:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fiio E12 vs Fiio E17 as an amp for my Ipod Touch Last post on 11/28/13 at 2:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Introduction)Last edited: 7/23/13
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
I have owned the ECP Audio L-2 for about 2 months now. I also own an Eddie Current Super 7 with NOS tubes, including Tung Sol BGRP driver tube. I have previously owned the Woo WA22, the Luxman...
I'm a noob to high quality audio equipment. I have been using V-Moda M-80's. I bought these because they were onsale for $272, and it would be stupid not to buy them at that price. I just opened...
[Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price. - Page 3post #31 of 5165/12/13 at 12:23pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 5165/13/13 at 11:43ampost #33 of 5165/13/13 at 10:41pmpost #34 of 5165/14/13 at 12:22am
Thanks for the review ClieOS. So I guess album art isn't supported on flac even if it is embedded. A very minor quibble I guess but would like to see it in a future firmware update.post #35 of 5165/14/13 at 12:31amQuote:
Yes, each new feature may adds some bugs and spend time to test, so we now try to fix all the bugs and make the current firmware more stable,
some new features will be added in the future.
1, AIFF support.
2, Album cover of FLAC, WAV, APE, ALAC and other format.post #36 of 5165/14/13 at 4:39ampost #37 of 5165/14/13 at 6:20amQuote:
Perfectly understandable. Thanks James!post #38 of 5165/14/13 at 8:02amQuote:
Likely needs an additional or larger buffer implemented. I guess it depends on how one feels about buffers that 'should' be inaudible.post #39 of 5165/14/13 at 9:18amThread Starterpost #40 of 5165/14/13 at 1:40pm
Clieos, do you have a headstage arrow or a pico slim? If so, could you put it under the x3 so that we could see how thick they would be together?
Edit: an E17 instead of the x3 would work too, since they're about the same thickness.
Edited by thegunner100 - 5/14/13 at 2:27pmpost #41 of 5165/14/13 at 2:25pmpost #42 of 5165/14/13 at 6:51pmpost #43 of 5165/15/13 at 2:28amQuote:
hey man, a bit offtopic but any chance for a review on the d20? :)post #44 of 5165/15/13 at 2:42amQuote:
That's because of the high output power. Your D20 puts out 29mW per channel @16ohms, whereas the X3 is pushing out 300mW @16ohms. 500mW @16ohms. (as noted by JamesFiiO below)
Edited by Achmedisdead - 5/15/13 at 3:12ampost #45 of 5165/15/13 at 3:05amQuote:
X3 is pushing out 500mW @16 ohms,
- [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 17 seconds ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 37 seconds ago
- › O2 headamp output booster & modification PCB 1 minute ago
- › ANOTHER Price Drop! Beyerdynamic T1! Including shipping and paypal... 1 minute ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Recommendations for IEMs 1 minute ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › Shure SE535-V Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with... by Wilderbeast
- › Sony MDRXB600 Extra Bass Over the Head 40mm Driver Headphone, Black by Shini44
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by joe