Recent Images In This Thread
- productFiiO E12 Mont Blanctagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productFiiO X3 Portable Music Playertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productJDS Labs C5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productLeckerton Audio uha 4 slimline portable amptagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best $100 amp? Last post on 9/18/13 at 7:34pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- The Sub-$200 Portable Amps Shootout – 13 (+11) amps compared Last post on 4/12/14 at 7:39pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Inexpensive portable amp/DAC with FiiO X3 Last post on 9/25/13 at 9:46am in Portable Source Gear
- Fiio X3 or Source + Fiio e17 DAC Last post on 2/13/14 at 9:20am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio e12+e17 or e18 for J3 DAP? Last post on 3/1/14 at 11:48am in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Introduction)Last edited: 7/23/13
I'm giving these a 4 based on sound quality alone. I'm a cheap headphone user; I've gone from cheap headphone to cheap headphone over the past decade or so. I started with the Skullcandy Ink'd...
The review will comming soon
I used these for about three months at my desk at work. The left side went out in that short time. They were great while they lasted.
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
[Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price. - Page 3post #31 of 5795/12/13 at 12:23pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 5795/13/13 at 11:43ampost #33 of 5795/13/13 at 10:41pmpost #34 of 5795/14/13 at 12:22am
Thanks for the review ClieOS. So I guess album art isn't supported on flac even if it is embedded. A very minor quibble I guess but would like to see it in a future firmware update.post #35 of 5795/14/13 at 12:31amQuote:
Yes, each new feature may adds some bugs and spend time to test, so we now try to fix all the bugs and make the current firmware more stable,
some new features will be added in the future.
1, AIFF support.
2, Album cover of FLAC, WAV, APE, ALAC and other format.post #36 of 5795/14/13 at 4:39ampost #37 of 5795/14/13 at 6:20amQuote:
Perfectly understandable. Thanks James!post #38 of 5795/14/13 at 8:02amQuote:
Likely needs an additional or larger buffer implemented. I guess it depends on how one feels about buffers that 'should' be inaudible.post #39 of 5795/14/13 at 9:18amThread Starterpost #40 of 5795/14/13 at 1:40pm
Clieos, do you have a headstage arrow or a pico slim? If so, could you put it under the x3 so that we could see how thick they would be together?
Edit: an E17 instead of the x3 would work too, since they're about the same thickness.
Edited by thegunner100 - 5/14/13 at 2:27pmpost #41 of 5795/14/13 at 2:25pmpost #42 of 5795/14/13 at 6:51pmpost #43 of 5795/15/13 at 2:28amQuote:
hey man, a bit offtopic but any chance for a review on the d20? :)post #44 of 5795/15/13 at 2:42amQuote:
That's because of the high output power. Your D20 puts out 29mW per channel @16ohms, whereas the X3 is pushing out 300mW @16ohms. 500mW @16ohms. (as noted by JamesFiiO below)
Edited by Achmedisdead - 5/15/13 at 3:12ampost #45 of 5795/15/13 at 3:05amQuote:
X3 is pushing out 500mW @16 ohms,
- [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 second ago
- › FS JK Dac32 USB 24/192 38 seconds ago
- › HM901 + Balanced Card and 128 SD card 43 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Need advice: noble K10 vs JH roxanne 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 5 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 5 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by az060693
- › Halide Design DAC HD by Zuqi
- › Sony MDR-ZX-700 by PurelyNicole
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude