Recent Images In This Thread
- productFiiO E12 Mont Blanctagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productFiiO X3 Portable Music Playertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productJDS Labs C5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productLeckerton Audio uha 4 slimline portable amptagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best $100 amp? Last post on 9/18/13 at 7:34pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- The Sub-$200 Portable Amps Shootout – 13 (+11) amps compared Last post on 7/27/14 at 5:41am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Inexpensive portable amp/DAC with FiiO X3 Last post on 9/25/13 at 9:46am in Portable Source Gear
- Backpacking This Summer. Need Portable AMP/DAC Last post on 7/6/14 at 8:57am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp or Amp/DAC? Last post on 6/21/14 at 3:31am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
[Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price. - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks for the review ClieOS. So I guess album art isn't supported on flac even if it is embedded. A very minor quibble I guess but would like to see it in a future firmware update.
Yes, each new feature may adds some bugs and spend time to test, so we now try to fix all the bugs and make the current firmware more stable,
some new features will be added in the future.
1, AIFF support.
2, Album cover of FLAC, WAV, APE, ALAC and other format.
Perfectly understandable. Thanks James!
Likely needs an additional or larger buffer implemented. I guess it depends on how one feels about buffers that 'should' be inaudible.
I can compare it to any DAP if you are willing to send one my way :)
Clieos, do you have a headstage arrow or a pico slim? If so, could you put it under the x3 so that we could see how thick they would be together?
Edit: an E17 instead of the x3 would work too, since they're about the same thickness.
Edited by thegunner100 - 5/14/13 at 2:27pm
hey man, a bit offtopic but any chance for a review on the d20? :)
That's because of the high output power. Your D20 puts out 29mW per channel @16ohms, whereas the X3 is pushing out 300mW @16ohms. 500mW @16ohms. (as noted by JamesFiiO below)
Edited by Achmedisdead - 5/15/13 at 3:12am
X3 is pushing out 500mW @16 ohms,
- [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 seconds ago
- › Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified... 39 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 5 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 8 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)