Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price. - Page 18

post #256 of 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by laon View Post

While all this ipod talk are fascinating, I'm sure there are other thread more suitable for it guys. wink.gif
Ha, I was wondering if this would happen smily_headphones1.gif, yes you are right, no more iPod posting.
post #257 of 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

If you already have the E12, then that might not be a bad idea, Classic with LOD into the E12. Then, a couple months down the road, when the X3 is in wide release, and the firmware has been tweaked a little bit more, you'd have the option of getting the X3 then and either selling the Classic or keeping it paired with the E12. Nothing wrong with having two rigs! 

I second it. I'll wait till Fall.

post #258 of 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

The Classic is officially the 6th and 7th gen. A lot of people call the earlier models (anything with a hard drive inside) Classics, but that is not accurate. 5G and 5.5G was iPod Video, and before that there were others.

 

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_iPod_models

post #259 of 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrikTheTroll View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

The Classic is officially the 6th and 7th gen. A lot of people call the earlier models (anything with a hard drive inside) Classics, but that is not accurate. 5G and 5.5G was iPod Video, and before that there were others.

 

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_iPod_models

Clever, clever you. If you click on "Classic" link from that list:

Quote:
During a special iPod-centric event on September 5, 2007, Steve Jobs introduced the sixth generation iPod and the suffix "classic".

 

Anyway, I wonder how the X3 compares to the iPod Video 5/5.5 with the Wolfson DAC.

post #260 of 624

did we make this much idevice comparison right after AK100 released?
 

post #261 of 624

Is the iPod video 5/5.5 the only hard drive model  with a Wolfson DAC?


Edited by DrikTheTroll - 7/4/13 at 4:11pm
post #262 of 624
I have a fiio x3 comin in soon, and will post my impressions vs my cf modded 128gb iPod 6g video
post #263 of 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by canikickit1 View Post

I have a fiio x3 comin in soon, and will post my impressions vs my cf modded 128gb iPod 6g video

Which is it, a 6G, or  Video? They're not the same.

post #264 of 624

Every time I see a thread involving iAnything naming, it reminds me of the virtue of real model numbers that CHANGE.

post #265 of 624

Saw the thing. Its kinda bulky (Nokia N8 is bigger but thinner). Compared the sound with Nokia N8. X3 sounds more airy. Am not buying.

post #266 of 624

If the X3 is indeed in a different (higher) league sound-wise compared to the J3, than I'll have to get one in spite of the batter life. I like the J3, but not as much as a 5.5 with Rockbox. The J3 is very hassle-free with the ridiculous battery life - it's so nice to not give it a thought. I've fully drained the battery perhaps 4 or 5 times in the 13 months that I've had it, and I use it 5-6 days a week. 

post #267 of 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post

If the X3 is indeed in a different (higher) league sound-wise compared to the J3, than I'll have to get one in spite of the batter life. I like the J3, but not as much as a 5.5 with Rockbox. The J3 is very hassle-free with the ridiculous battery life - it's so nice to not give it a thought. I've fully drained the battery perhaps 4 or 5 times in the 13 months that I've had it, and I use it 5-6 days a week

Are you saying you have only charged your J3 - 4 or 5 times in 13 months? Or that you have allowed the batery to fully drain that amount of times? What format are you using 320kbps I gather? My J3 running FLAC is probably only good for about 20 hours max, using it 4 - 5 hours a day. I need to charge every 4th - 5 thday, however, I never let it run flat charging at 20%.
post #268 of 624
post #269 of 624

Hey, is it sounds so fantastic than other apple devices, like a itouch 4G?

I see you have an argue about his functionality and navigation, Seriously? Is it what are you looking for in a hifi device?

post #270 of 624
Lol! iTouch has never been fantastic with regards to audio quality.

I would never consider it a dedicated hifi audio product.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price.