Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price. - Page 17

post #241 of 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrikTheTroll View Post

Thanks for the feedback - the X3 looks like a well-rounded package to me, well worth consideration. That said I'm generally happier not buying the 1st batch of anything.

Can't blame you for that, FW is usually buggy at the 1.0x stage!
post #242 of 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrikTheTroll View Post

 

Love your sig! - "For me, it's a hobby...if I'm not having fun and helping others, why bother?"

 

Too much heat and not enough light on some threads. ....

Thanks!  I try...

 

Cheers!beerchug.gif

-HK sends

post #243 of 624

I am beginning to wonder if I'm just better off saving some money and purchasing a used iPod classic and pair it with my E12. Don't bash me, guys... but I'm eager to get my portable set up going and don't mind saving a few bucks. I'm tired of listening off my crappy phone one the go after leaving my home rigs.

 

Suggestions?


Edited by Change is Good - 7/2/13 at 11:44pm
post #244 of 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

I am beginning to wonder if I'm just better off saving some money and purchasing a used iPod classic and pair it with my E12. Don't bash me, guys... but I'm eager to get my portable set up going and don't mind saving a few bucks.

 

Suggestions?

If you already have the E12, then that might not be a bad idea, Classic with LOD into the E12. Then, a couple months down the road, when the X3 is in wide release, and the firmware has been tweaked a little bit more, you'd have the option of getting the X3 then and either selling the Classic or keeping it paired with the E12. Nothing wrong with having two rigs! 

post #245 of 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

If you already have the E12, then that might not be a bad idea, Classic with LOD into the E12. Then, a couple months down the road, when the X3 is in wide release, and the firmware has been tweaked a little bit more, you'd have the option of getting the X3 then and either selling the Classic or keeping it paired with the E12. Nothing wrong with having two rigs! 

 

Yes, I have the E12, already... and it will be gathering dust now that I have the iCan for my desktop. This may be the best advice I've been given in a while. Thanks, dude!

 

What's a good price to pay for a used 7th gen ipod classic?

post #246 of 624
My personal experience with an iPod 80G is that it sounds very muddy, I tried all its EQ setting but just didn't cut it for me, and that's me only. I have only my Etymotic and UE900 to try, so others might have much better experience. My Note 2/HRT microstreamer combo is miles ahead, again, to me. YMMV.
post #247 of 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

 

Yes, I have the E12, already... and it will be gathering dust now that I have the iCan for my desktop. This may be the best advice I've been given in a while. Thanks, dude!

 

What's a good price to pay for a used 7th gen ipod classic?

Not sure about the 7th gen, but you can often find an 80GB  5.5 gen for around $100. One of them with Rockbox installed is a nice option. (I have one but I'm not giving it up) wink.gif

post #248 of 624
Is Rockbox hard to setup? I might give that a try if it is not too technical demanding. Thanks.
post #249 of 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by breadvan View Post

Is Rockbox hard to setup? I might give that a try if it is not too technical demanding. Thanks.

With the earlier iPod Video....5th gen, 5.5 gen, it's easy to install, and then it just takes a little time to learn what you can do with it (10 band parametric equalizer, etc.) http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/GraphicalInstall

 

With the newer 6G and 7G, it's a little more complex to install, although it seems quite a few people are doing it these days. http://www.head-fi.org/t/532426/ipod-classic-rockbox-its-happening#post_7179849

post #250 of 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

With the earlier iPod Video....5th gen, 5.5 gen, it's easy to install, and then it just takes a little time to learn what you can do with it (10 band parametric equalizer, etc.) http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/GraphicalInstall

With the newer 6G and 7G, it's a little more complex to install, although it seems quite a few people are doing it these days. http://www.head-fi.org/t/532426/ipod-classic-rockbox-its-happening#post_7179849

Thanks, will give that a try since my 80G is not being used.
post #251 of 624
Oh is an iPod Classic the 5.5 Gen?
post #252 of 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by breadvan View Post

Oh is an iPod Classic the 5.5 Gen?

The Classic is officially the 6th and 7th gen. A lot of people call the earlier models (anything with a hard drive inside) Classics, but that is not accurate. 5G and 5.5G was iPod Video, and before that there were others.

post #253 of 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

The Classic is officially the 6th and 7th gen. A lot of people call the earlier models (anything with a hard drive inside) Classics, but that is not accurate. 5G and 5.5G was iPod Video, and before that there were others.

I see, thanks so no such luck for me then.
post #254 of 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by breadvan View Post


I see, thanks so no such luck for me then.

Which one do you have?

post #255 of 624

While all this ipod talk are fascinating, I'm sure there are other thread more suitable for it guys. wink.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price.