Ok, what's the official price tag on this. I see some for sale for $235...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFiiO E12 Mont Blanctagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productFiiO X3 Portable Music Playertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productJDS Labs C5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productLeckerton Audio uha 4 slimline portable amptagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best $100 amp? Last post on 9/18/13 at 7:34pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- The Sub-$200 Portable Amps Shootout – 13 (+11) amps compared Last post on 1/7/15 at 10:56am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Inexpensive portable amp/DAC with FiiO X3 Last post on 9/25/13 at 9:46am in Portable Source Gear
- Looking for Sub-$200 IEM with a Few Requirements Last post on 1/19/15 at 4:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Backpacking This Summer. Need Portable AMP/DAC Last post on 7/6/14 at 8:57am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
[Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price. - Page 11
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I mentioned this a couple of times: though FiiO announced the MSRP of $200, the retailer has the final say on the price they want to set. Since every region of the world has different shipping, custom and sale tax, FiiO allows the retailer to make the final adjustment to the price to reflect the different cost. As for why the HK dealer is selling on a higher price while it is close to China and HK being a mostly tax free city - the answer is obvious: Because now the supply < demand, and some is willing to pay more for harder-to-get commodity.
Edited by ClieOS - 6/5/13 at 8:48pm
End of the mounth mate in UK.
What about Australia? also is anyone else having problems accessing their website?
Would this replace the FiiO E17 or would their be a significant increase in sound quality if they were connected together?
There'd be no increase whatsoever. I remember ClieOS stating that despite the X3 basically having the whole E17 onboard, it sounds slightly better than the E17.
I would recommend sticking with your usual vendors and/or authorized Fiio sellers for proper refund, RMA, and warranty support etc. It should be available for the US very soon per James.
Yes it does. When you connect the X3 to your Mac, it appears as USB storage devices: one for the internal 8G memory and the other for your microSD card.
Firmware update doesn't require any software to be installed; just copy it to your SD card and restart your X3.
- [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 49 seconds ago
- › Amperex 6DJ8 Bugle Boy 50 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 1 minute ago
- › Soundsoul S-018 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Stax sr-007 mk1 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? 3 minutes ago
- › IEM for metal music - FiiO X1+E11K 3 minutes ago
- › When can we have next Calgary Canada Head-fi meet 4 minutes ago
- › Tea-Fi? 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)