Ok, what's the official price tag on this. I see some for sale for $235...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFiiO E12 Mont Blanctagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productFiiO X3 Portable Music Playertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productJDS Labs C5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productLeckerton Audio uha 4 slimline portable amptagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best $100 amp? Last post on 9/18/13 at 7:34pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- The Sub-$200 Portable Amps Shootout – 13 (+11) amps compared Last post on Today at 5:58 am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Inexpensive portable amp/DAC with FiiO X3 Last post on 2/23/15 at 4:09am in Portable Source Gear
- Sennheiser 429s no highs when plugged into DAC Last post on 2/11/15 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Sub-$200 IEM with a Few Requirements Last post on 1/19/15 at 4:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
[Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price. - Page 11
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I mentioned this a couple of times: though FiiO announced the MSRP of $200, the retailer has the final say on the price they want to set. Since every region of the world has different shipping, custom and sale tax, FiiO allows the retailer to make the final adjustment to the price to reflect the different cost. As for why the HK dealer is selling on a higher price while it is close to China and HK being a mostly tax free city - the answer is obvious: Because now the supply < demand, and some is willing to pay more for harder-to-get commodity.
Edited by ClieOS - 6/5/13 at 8:48pm
End of the mounth mate in UK.
What about Australia? also is anyone else having problems accessing their website?
Would this replace the FiiO E17 or would their be a significant increase in sound quality if they were connected together?
There'd be no increase whatsoever. I remember ClieOS stating that despite the X3 basically having the whole E17 onboard, it sounds slightly better than the E17.
I would recommend sticking with your usual vendors and/or authorized Fiio sellers for proper refund, RMA, and warranty support etc. It should be available for the US very soon per James.
Yes it does. When you connect the X3 to your Mac, it appears as USB storage devices: one for the internal 8G memory and the other for your microSD card.
Firmware update doesn't require any software to be installed; just copy it to your SD card and restart your X3.
- [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Lets Talk Metal 47 seconds ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 58 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 59 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 2 minutes ago
- › Questyle CAS192D DAC Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › The BEST-LOOKING Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2