Ok, what's the official price tag on this. I see some for sale for $235...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFiiO E12 Mont Blanctagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productFiiO X3 Portable Music Playertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productJDS Labs C5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productLeckerton Audio uha 4 slimline portable amptagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best $100 amp? Last post on 9/18/13 at 7:34pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- The Sub-$200 Portable Amps Shootout – 13 (+11) amps compared Last post on 6/15/15 at 10:27am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Inexpensive portable amp/DAC with FiiO X3 Last post on 2/23/15 at 4:09am in Portable Source Gear
- Sennheiser 429s no highs when plugged into DAC Last post on 2/11/15 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Sub-$200 IEM with a Few Requirements Last post on 1/19/15 at 4:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 6/26/15
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
I was invited by Noontec to write a honest review of their Hammo S headphone. I tend to be very skeptical about lower-priced headphones, since the bottom tier of headphones/speakers tend to...
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
[Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price. - Page 11
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I mentioned this a couple of times: though FiiO announced the MSRP of $200, the retailer has the final say on the price they want to set. Since every region of the world has different shipping, custom and sale tax, FiiO allows the retailer to make the final adjustment to the price to reflect the different cost. As for why the HK dealer is selling on a higher price while it is close to China and HK being a mostly tax free city - the answer is obvious: Because now the supply < demand, and some is willing to pay more for harder-to-get commodity.
Edited by ClieOS - 6/5/13 at 8:48pm
End of the mounth mate in UK.
What about Australia? also is anyone else having problems accessing their website?
Would this replace the FiiO E17 or would their be a significant increase in sound quality if they were connected together?
There'd be no increase whatsoever. I remember ClieOS stating that despite the X3 basically having the whole E17 onboard, it sounds slightly better than the E17.
I would recommend sticking with your usual vendors and/or authorized Fiio sellers for proper refund, RMA, and warranty support etc. It should be available for the US very soon per James.
Yes it does. When you connect the X3 to your Mac, it appears as USB storage devices: one for the internal 8G memory and the other for your microSD card.
Firmware update doesn't require any software to be installed; just copy it to your SD card and restart your X3.
- [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 5 seconds ago
- › my gr07 BE are dead ..or not? i'm sick of life 1 minute ago
- › IEM for wife, Look matter, 80$. 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (Reviewed: #8:CT6E, #7:H8P,... 3 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 8 minutes ago
- › New Beyer DT1350 9 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 10 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)