Ok, what's the official price tag on this. I see some for sale for $235...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFiiO E12 Mont Blanctagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productFiiO X3 Portable Music Playertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productJDS Labs C5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productLeckerton Audio uha 4 slimline portable amptagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best $100 amp? Last post on 9/18/13 at 7:34pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- The Sub-$200 Portable Amps Shootout – 13 (+11) amps compared Last post on 4/13/15 at 12:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Inexpensive portable amp/DAC with FiiO X3 Last post on 2/23/15 at 4:09am in Portable Source Gear
- Sennheiser 429s no highs when plugged into DAC Last post on 2/11/15 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Sub-$200 IEM with a Few Requirements Last post on 1/19/15 at 4:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the wonderful AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a few years, wireless...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
For me, the Audeze EL-8Cs satisfy a long awaited two year search for a closed headphone that I can use at work that sound just as good as my home theater setup. I enjoy them so much, that I cannot...
[Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price. - Page 11
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I mentioned this a couple of times: though FiiO announced the MSRP of $200, the retailer has the final say on the price they want to set. Since every region of the world has different shipping, custom and sale tax, FiiO allows the retailer to make the final adjustment to the price to reflect the different cost. As for why the HK dealer is selling on a higher price while it is close to China and HK being a mostly tax free city - the answer is obvious: Because now the supply < demand, and some is willing to pay more for harder-to-get commodity.
Edited by ClieOS - 6/5/13 at 8:48pm
End of the mounth mate in UK.
What about Australia? also is anyone else having problems accessing their website?
Would this replace the FiiO E17 or would their be a significant increase in sound quality if they were connected together?
There'd be no increase whatsoever. I remember ClieOS stating that despite the X3 basically having the whole E17 onboard, it sounds slightly better than the E17.
I would recommend sticking with your usual vendors and/or authorized Fiio sellers for proper refund, RMA, and warranty support etc. It should be available for the US very soon per James.
Yes it does. When you connect the X3 to your Mac, it appears as USB storage devices: one for the internal 8G memory and the other for your microSD card.
Firmware update doesn't require any software to be installed; just copy it to your SD card and restart your X3.
- [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Iphone 5s plus Fiio e11K or 1 minute ago
- › Review: RIVA TURBO X High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth... 1 minute ago
- › Questions and recommendations about DAC/Amp for HD800 (again!) 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 3 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier 5 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 8 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2