Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › VenturCraft Soundroid Typhoon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VenturCraft Soundroid Typhoon - Page 7

post #91 of 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

 

Aaaa...I won't really say that ;-). VentureCraft & I had a very long conversation (probably would have been shorter if it weren't for the alcohol involved) about this - especially when they were offering promo spare tubes for the TT. So the official line is that OpAmps and tubes are meant to be replaced by the maker only. They're not completely rigid about that but they always have that warranty guideline to fall back on should they choose to exercise it.

 

Edit: This is one of the reasons why Musica Acoustics has this huge disclaimer in their TT page. I helped them proof read and correct that.

 

Thanks Anakchan for correcting me. It's true that you need proper knowledge/equipment to switch those part. I almost broke MUSES02 pin, when first swapping it on my LE. 

post #92 of 332
Crickets in here...
post #93 of 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2HBK View Post

Crickets in here...
Sadly I don't have a demo unit to review. mtthefirst must be conjuring up a massive detailed review after having it going for more than a week :-).

I think he's the only one here on HF (who's active) who has the Typhoon.
post #94 of 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post


Sadly I don't have a demo unit to review. mtthefirst must be conjuring up a massive detailed review after having it going for more than a week :-).

I think he's the only one here on HF (who's active) who has the Typhoon.

I will probably put out the review next week because this week I'm in Thailand for the conference.

post #95 of 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtthefirst View Post

I will probably put out the review next week because this week I'm in Thailand for the conference.

Looking forward to it. Thanks!
post #96 of 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post


Sadly I don't have a demo unit to review. mtthefirst must be conjuring up a massive detailed review after having it going for more than a week :-).

I think he's the only one here on HF (who's active) who has the Typhoon.

Damn, I only found out about the Typhoon AFTER I ordered my Sony PHA-1 -_-.  Well I guess if I don't like the Sony, now I know what else to get.

 

Also, if Val or anyone from V-MODA is reading this, you got your work cut out for you for the next amp project after the VERZA wink.gif.

 

p.s. why is this trend in the source and not the portable amp section?


Edited by DrSheep - 7/24/13 at 9:58am
post #97 of 332

*sets up camp*

post #98 of 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrbootrcrd View Post

*sets up camp*

No need, it's out already for $523.

 

http://venturecraft.jp/gadget_en/buy_paypal.php

post #99 of 332
That price is very nice

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
post #100 of 332

FYI: both my AK120 and SDT just shipped, so hopefully I will have my half-baked review up soon.  It will be interesting to see how does it improve upon the V-MODA VERZA.

post #101 of 332

Hanging out for a review please.

post #102 of 332

Sort of off topic: I just got my AK120, and pair it with the Momentum is GODLY!!  My optical cable and the SDT is in route but it will take a while...

post #103 of 332

Is there a manual for the SDT? I wished they had one cos it can get a bit confusing with all those swtiches etysmile.gif  I feel the amp section of the SDT is not as powerful as the Intruder or Pico Power but it is definitely more than adequate for iems. Compared to the Pico Power and Intruder, I feel the SDT has slightly better clarity and less bass. This may make it less "meaty" in sound for some folks. Overall, I would consider this one of the better dacs/amps out there.

post #104 of 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanYWM View Post

Is there a manual for the SDT? I wished they had one cos it can get a bit confusing with all those swtiches etysmile.gif  I feel the amp section of the SDT is not as powerful as the Intruder or Pico Power but it is definitely more than adequate for iems. Compared to the Pico Power and Intruder, I feel the SDT has slightly better clarity and less bass. This may make it less "meaty" in sound for some folks. Overall, I would consider this one of the better dacs/amps out there.

Right now, there is only Japanese manual but here is a chart for different switch positions.

 

http://venturecraft.jp/gadget_jp/sdt/toggle_e.php

post #105 of 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtthefirst View Post

Right now, there is only Japanese manual but here is a chart for different switch positions.

 

http://venturecraft.jp/gadget_jp/sdt/toggle_e.php

 

Thanks a bunch. At least I can try to decipher the chart etysmile.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › VenturCraft Soundroid Typhoon