Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers ›  HEADPHONE MEET at the Headmaster in San Francisco 8/10/2013
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HEADPHONE MEET at the Headmaster in San Francisco 8/10/2013 - Page 7  

post #91 of 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

The show is going to be fantastic for you guys also to hear great two channel setup plus 100K speakers and entertainment also. You  have a pass for three days.

yeah there will be all sorts of stuff to see and hear.

Everything from the Audioengine guys in the rooms right on u to top-of-the-line E.A.R and Marten Audio, crazy turntables...

That's the world I come from - so it's still great to see what's going on in high end two-channel.

 

Thanks for the kind words bout THE Show Frank!

Lookin' forward to seeing you in the Bay Area!!

 

 

Finally settled on my reference headphone amp:

The E.A.R HP4!!  I LOVE it.  I'm also loving Ray Samuels The DarkStar and the Burson Conductor

 

post #92 of 645
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemercer View Post

I'm IN Frank!!

Michael this is fantastic. I look forward to jumping in myself. Great news!!!!  Michael is an true friend of headfi and you guys are in for a treat in hanging with Mike Mercer


Edited by Frank I - 5/25/13 at 3:29pm
post #93 of 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

Michael this is fantastic. I look forward to jumping in myself. Great news!!!!  Michael is an true friend of headfi and you guys are in for a treat in hanging with Mike Mercer

WOW Frank.

 

Thank you very much for the kind words brotha!  Your reviews have been fantastic lately btw - and it been a privilege to be there to see you reach across the generational gap with your passion for this hobby - with both of us having roots in high end two-channel too!

 

I cant turn off my passion (sometimes I honestly wish I could) - so when I meet somebody like Frank I it keeps the flame burnin!!

 

Got to rock these AKG K100's at my friend Bob Levi's (pres - LA OC Audio Society) place!

Bob's deeply into the headphone hobby!  We've done lots of geek-out sessions together - tube rolling and such!

Here he wired a wonderful tube amp to the K1000's - clean and engaging, magical...

 

AppleMark

 

This was the amp he was using to drive em! (forget the make and model, sorry):

 

 

sounded luscious!! 

post #94 of 645
Thread Starter 

I have yet to spend some time with the AKG 1000. I have a Woo WA5 speaker/headphone amp being built  and would love to hear  pair of those AKG. i will have to seek out a pair to listen too. That amp looks fantastic. I guess he running them off the speaker taps.

 

 

Guys having Michael at the meet will be a treat for everyone. Hoping we can get this up to 100 people.

post #95 of 645

Did you count me in, Frank? I'm planning to attend. I know that Rob from Echo Audio and Damon from Coffman Labs are also going to be there. They have already arranged to have a booth and are bringing the new H1-A to demo.

 

-sheldon

post #96 of 645
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldonkreger View Post

Did you count me in, Frank? I'm planning to attend. I know that Rob from Echo Audio and Damon from Coffman Labs are also going to be there. They have already arranged to have a booth and are bringing the new H1-A to demo.

 

-sheldon

That is terrific. I will mark you down and if any other vendors are interested in attending please do not hesitate to contact me through PM.


Edited by Frank I - 5/26/13 at 5:25pm
post #97 of 645

I will DEFINITELY be making this.

Count on me to bring my ATH W3000anv (VERY VERY CAREFULLY)!! 
I will also bring: 

 

Maddogs (revision 3.2) unbalanced

AudioQuest Dragonfly

an undetermined portable dac/amp :)

post #98 of 645
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by seqasim View Post

I will DEFINITELY be making this.

Count on me to bring my ATH W3000anv (VERY VERY CAREFULLY)!! 
I will also bring: 

 

Maddogs (revision 3.2) unbalanced

AudioQuest Dragonfly

an undetermined portable dac/amp :)

Looking foward to meeting you and thanks for posting

post #99 of 645

Hey, guys & gals.

Sorry about this but my travel plans have changed and I will not be able to attend this meet.

Thanks to all who have offered to help.

Have fun!

post #100 of 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton SF View Post

Hey, guys & gals.

Sorry about this but my travel plans have changed and I will not be able to attend this meet.

Thanks to all who have offered to help.

Have fun!

Jeez, Clayton. 2 meets in a row. Haha.

post #101 of 645
Thread Starter 

Clayton will be missed. This is still early but we would like a bigger contingency . So please spread the word and if everyone gets one more person to attend this will double the attendance. We certainly have the room for a bunch more and this will be a terrific show and event just like last year with a twist. The Headfi community can make a huge difference with their presence and show the two channel world why portable audio is not just a fad but the FUTURE.  Everybody work towards getting one or two more to show some gear.  

post #102 of 645

I'll be bringing a buddy (weirdfishes), so that's one down!  smile.gif

post #103 of 645
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

I'll be bringing a buddy (weirdfishes), so that's one down!  smile.gif

Thanks Warren . Guys lets keep this going. We can pull this off.

post #104 of 645

Thanks for the add Frank. I don't really have anything to bring unfortunately. I only have a pair of MDR-v6s with Beyerdynamic pads but I'm sure that's just boring compared to what everyone else is bringing. I look forward to meeting everyone though!

post #105 of 645
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkfnk View Post

Thanks for the add Frank. I don't really have anything to bring unfortunately. I only have a pair of MDR-v6s with Beyerdynamic pads but I'm sure that's just boring compared to what everyone else is bringing. I look forward to meeting everyone though!

What ever you bring will be fine. If you could get some other s you know to come as well it would be appreciated. I look forward to meeting you  at the meet.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers ›  HEADPHONE MEET at the Headmaster in San Francisco 8/10/2013