Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers ›  HEADPHONE MEET at the Headmaster in San Francisco 8/10/2013
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HEADPHONE MEET at the Headmaster in San Francisco 8/10/2013 - Page 29  

post #421 of 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-P View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

What happened to the original ear cups?

They are still here. But I prefer the wooden ear cups now by far.

 

Just wondering what your plans are for the spare titanium... smile.gif

post #422 of 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Just wondering what your plans are for the spare titanium... smile.gif

Probably just leave them there as spare parts. smile.gif

The wood cups have a really nice tone. No wonder guitars were made out of the same wood.
post #423 of 645

Meet, greet & music at California Audio Show - HeadMasters

 

Please share with friends on social media.

 

post #424 of 645

This sounds great! Would love to come and bring my LCD3's. I don't have any other gear that is portable enough to bring at this time. Thanks for organizing.

post #425 of 645
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahhabb View Post

This sounds great! Would love to come and bring my LCD3's. I don't have any other gear that is portable enough to bring at this time. Thanks for organizing.

Glad you can make it and got you down

post #426 of 645

normal_smile%20.gif


Edited by Mr.Tom - 7/30/13 at 3:35pm
post #427 of 645
Thread Starter 

Sorry you feel that way but its a three day show and the ticket is good for the entire three days and also all the scheduled entertainment that will be there live. I think the ticket price is a great deal for the three day show and to see and hear some awesome gear as well as meet industry legends and other great enthusiast. Sorry to see you will not be joining us.  Going to a 2 hr movie today with popcorn and drink cost close to the same price. I think the price of the three day passes are a good value. 

post #428 of 645
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post

Meet, greet & music at California Audio Show - HeadMasters

 

Please share with friends on social media.

 

Big thanks and much appreciation for the support Mike is giving this great event. Thanks a bunch!!!!

post #429 of 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Tom View Post

$30. is too rich for me.

You are not serious right? That's the cost of two new CDs. You can check out and listen to more gear than any Hi-Fi store has on display. The absolutely zero pressure to buy anything is more valuable to me than $30. You get to do it for three days!
post #430 of 645
normal_smile%20.gif

Edited by Mr.Tom - 7/30/13 at 3:35pm
post #431 of 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Tom View Post

So how much do you pay to enter your favorite HiFi shop? how much to go to Sears or Walmart? We are talking about going to a place were VENDERS are showing off the products, To SELL!

 

The price should be FREE, imo.

 

I could see $5. or even $10. to keep the riff raft out, but $30. is just a show of greed. Plus I love my system, and have no desire to waste money on the FOTM(like sooo many do).

 

So HiFiGuy528, if it's such a drop in the bucket, if you dont mind buying my pass, I'd love to go.

is it 30 bucks to get into CAS?

wonder why they charge more than we do at RMAF.

and I understand now why these shows are not free, because most of them (the ones I know, very well attended) spend a ton of money

in marketing and such, as they put money out there on top of the dues they're collecting from vendors (in anticipation of attendees). It's like

why the guys need to charge at a meet - there's outstanding monies that somebody put out for everything somewhere.  They just wanna break

even (meets)- anything more is a plus.

 

I'm on this panel at CAS, and attending as a journalist as usual, so admittedly I didn't know it was 30 bucks.

and I guess its a little late to try and work out a deal for Head-Fiers.

 

hmmmmmmm

 

if you're self-employed you can write it off.  That's what I've done to attend shows outside my area of expertise, in order to research stuff and other

things.

 

Is that an option??

post #432 of 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post


You are not serious right? That's the cost of two new CDs. You can check out and listen to more gear than any Hi-Fi store has on display. The absolutely zero pressure to buy anything is more valuable to me than $30. You get to do it for three days!

this is also a GREAT POINT.

post #433 of 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Tom View Post

So how much do you pay to enter your favorite HiFi shop? how much to go to Sears or Walmart? We are talking about going to a place were VENDERS are showing off the products, To SELL!

 

The price should be FREE, imo.

 

I could see $5. or even $10. to keep the riff raft out, but $30. is just a show of greed. Plus I love my system, and have no desire to waste money on the FOTM(like sooo many do).

 

So HiFiGuy528, if it's such a drop in the bucket, if you dont mind buying my pass, I'd love to go.

I have a better idea.  Pick a busy intersection.  You could make more than $30 in a few hours  biggrin.gif.  IMO, What a country of free entitlements...

post #434 of 645
Personally, I think the $30 entry fee is quite steep as well. It limits the type of audience pretty severely. If the event was $5 or $10, then it would be able to attract far higher traffic. For instance, some of my friends are put off by the $30 entry fee, so they aren't coming. I'm trying to see if I can cover for some of them, because I know some of them really would like to go and demo gears.

On the other hand, I know the valuable experience I'd gain from going.

Paying $30 to be able to demo the top of the line speakers from top manufacturers all over the country... and hang out with those who enjoy the same hobby... and get to try and compare their $1000+ setups?

Bargain!

That's my conclusion.

It's an experience. Not a sale. cool.gif

Side note: local Jazz Center (Kuumbwa in Santa Cruz) charges $20 - $25 for a ticket to a ONE-HOUR live jazz performance. So this is just like another concert to me. Only it lasts 3 days long and I get to hear my own music. Hah!
Edited by Bill-P - 7/28/13 at 4:50pm
post #435 of 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-P View Post

Personally, I think the $30 entry fee is quite steep as well. It limits the type of audience pretty severely. If the event was $5 or $10, then it would be able to attract far higher traffic. For instance, some of my friends are put off by the $30 entry fee, so they aren't coming. I'm trying to see if I can cover for some of them, because I know some of them really would like to go and demo gears.

On the other hand, I know the valuable experience I'd gain from going.

Paying $30 to be able to demo the top of the line speakers from top manufacturers all over the country... and hang out with those who enjoy the same hobby... and get to try and compare their $1000+ setups?

Bargain!

That's my conclusion.

It's an experience. Not a sale. cool.gif

Side note: local Jazz Center (Kuumbwa in Santa Cruz) charges $20 - $25 for a ticket to a ONE-HOUR live jazz performance. So this is just like another concert to me. Only it lasts 3 days long and I get to hear my own music. Hah!
Extremely well said beerchug.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers ›  HEADPHONE MEET at the Headmaster in San Francisco 8/10/2013