New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Singapore Meet - 7 September 2013. - Page 33  

post #481 of 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforIEMs View Post

I think you can try the amps from treoo at their demo place

They have a demo place!?!
post #482 of 642
Yep, just google treoo and audition together. But I think it's more of a solo thing cos u have to book appointment
post #483 of 642
I'm most likely going there after I buy my tdk ba200 to a/b the elpis and the 3.ai since they seem to be iems worth saving for
post #484 of 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by myap2328 View Post


Sorry! My resources may be limited. Very very sorry, no intend to stir up an argument. But if not Jaben where?

Edit:
I know it isn't the best place to buy them but to demo them, I honestly can't think of a better place

It wasn't my intention to stir up anything either, just didn't want others to think that Jaben/Stereo is the only place to demo or buy Amplifiers/DACs. You already mentioned The Adelphi, which has many shops specialising in audio equipment such as cables, speakers, amplifiers, I've even seen one with Schiit products located on the same floor as Jaben. E1 also has the Tube Amp TA-1 which is quite popular on the local forums.

post #485 of 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenG View Post

It wasn't my intention to stir up anything either, just didn't want others to think that Jaben/Stereo is the only place to demo or buy Amplifiers/DACs. You already mentioned The Adelphi, which has many shops specialising in audio equipment such as cables, speakers, amplifiers, I've even seen one with Schiit products located on the same floor as Jaben. E1 also has the Tube Amp TA-1 which is quite popular on the local forums.

AudioIconic at Basement 1 but the store is really small.
post #486 of 642

Thanks, guys. Actually I am trying to buy amps for my DT 880 headphones. I just heard that the best match for those cans will be the tube amp. I know A1 is a good choice but I do not want to spend 1000 bucks on that (well, maybe in the future if I get a pair of T1 someday...) I haven't upgraded my source yet - still the HDP R10 (or the Japanese version for Dx100). It is strange that DT880 can be driven to some degree by HDPR10. But I am just curious if with a headphone amp, how much improvement can there be. Next step will be for me to upgrade my source. I would like to do it step by step. Most likely I will upgrade the source in November when I visit Tokyo.

 

So my goal in Singapore is quite simple :) which amp and where? hehe. Currently I am in Denmark - a desert for HiFi-HeadFi...

post #487 of 642
Hi there, I edit the table, I submit, but the table above doesn't update...
post #488 of 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by musikaladin View Post

Hi there, I edit the table, I submit, but the table above doesn't update...

Thanks you for expressing your interest! Sincere apologies about the table not updated on the first post, cravenz has been busy and we are unable to contact him.

 

However, discussions for the Meet is still on-going and we will try to keep the latest information posted here.

post #489 of 642

Actually, if neutrality is not an issue, can offer my place instead.  Can only take in 10 - 12 max.  If all are in for it, will discuss with the complex management about the possible use of the walkways as well to accommodate more.

post #490 of 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by uNcLe1 View Post

Actually, if neutrality is not an issue, can offer my place instead.  Can only take in 10 - 12 max.  If all are in for it, will discuss with the complex management about the possible use of the walkways as well to accommodate more.

Thank you very much, David normal_smile%20.gif

 

I, for one, have no objections to the venue suggested, as the goal of the Meet is for everyone to gather and try different set-ups. Having it at E1 gives even more opportunities to try more gears, such as the Tube Amp TA-1 which has caused quite a commotion in the local forums.

 

We could organise sessions to better fit the venue capacity, for example, different hours or on different days (should Management take too long to make a decision or refuse to give the Green Light).

 

Once again, thanks a lot for the offer. Will be interested to see how everyone feels about the suggestion or have alternatives to suggest beerchug.gif

post #491 of 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by uNcLe1 View Post

Actually, if neutrality is not an issue, can offer my place instead.  Can only take in 10 - 12 max.  If all are in for it, will discuss with the complex management about the possible use of the walkways as well to accommodate more.

 

I personally, thank you for such an offer as finding a place here in SG, as you know is tough! About the max people limit, it all goes down to how many will turn up but according to the current attendance list, there would be more than 12 turning up. If we were to be granted the walkways, may I ask what would be the maximum limit of people then as this is indeed a potential problem. 

 

I am very grateful that you stood out and offer us a place! 

post #492 of 642

will revert in a couple of days on the possibility of using the walkways,
 

post #493 of 642

i wanna come. but i am an absolute noob about iems. planning to buy a pair of iems soon tho. maybe when we meet, some of the pros can advise me, maybe even accompany me to go buy a pair.

post #494 of 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by techmonstr View Post

i wanna come. but i am an absolute noob about iems. planning to buy a pair of iems soon tho. maybe when we meet, some of the pros can advise me, maybe even accompany me to go buy a pair.

I'm certainly no pro but I'm willing to help!
post #495 of 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by techmonstr View Post

i wanna come. but i am an absolute noob about iems. planning to buy a pair of iems soon tho. maybe when we meet, some of the pros can advise me, maybe even accompany me to go buy a pair.
Count me in!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked