New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Singapore Meet - 7 September 2013. - Page 4  

post #46 of 642
The are a meet themselves already! With all the gear available. But it's just werd to Stand around to talk to people, esp. When there are others. But still it is a suggestion. Anybody else has any other ideas?
post #47 of 642
Well, in a way, if we're in Jaben, we probably won't get to interact much. We'll probably be too busy trying out all the gear. Plus, it's a shop, and we might get a little rowdy and intimidating for the other customers.

Just what I think. smily_headphones1.gif
post #48 of 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post

Well, in a way, if we're in Jaben, we probably won't get to interact much. We'll probably be too busy trying out all the gear. Plus, it's a shop, and we might get a little rowdy and intimidating for the other customers.

Just what I think. smily_headphones1.gif

Yea. And one guy already went to like mention about this idea at Jaben and they aren't exactly very interested he said.
post #49 of 642
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post

Well, in a way, if we're in Jaben, we probably won't get to interact much. We'll probably be too busy trying out all the gear. Plus, it's a shop, and we might get a little rowdy and intimidating for the other customers.

Just what I think. smily_headphones1.gif

 

I think if we want to go to Jaben for the meet, we might as well do it in our own time. Alternatively, at the end of the meet when we want to listen to something else we didn't get to demo. That's my two cents. 

post #50 of 642

jaben is a big no no to me..

post #51 of 642
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chesterljh View Post

jaben is a big no no to me..

Why's that? Curiosity
post #52 of 642
It's a pretty common thing for trade shows and conferences where sponsors have popup stores to sell to attendees. Maybe not in their retail space but they could help pay for location rental in exchange for sales rights. And if not, then we could always approach their competition.
post #53 of 642
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallcaps View Post

It's a pretty common thing for trade shows and conferences where sponsors have popup stores to sell to attendees. Maybe not in their retail space but they could help pay for location rental in exchange for sales rights. And if not, then we could always approach their competition.

 

It would only work if we gather enough attention/attendees. No reason for them to get involved otherwise, or their competition for that matter. 

 

I know where you are coming from, but right now, audio doesn't garner as much attention as an IT show. It is just the way it is. 

post #54 of 642
I agree that the market is simply not big enough. Lets just all meet at maxwell. Good chicken rice there smily_headphones1.gif
post #55 of 642
Well, if we want to just make friends, any restaurant or hawker centre would make do. The part of auditioning is the hard part as a quiet place is not easy to find, and the library isn't exactly an option. Btw, have anyone seen this area in Bishan Library where there are tables and chairs on the second floor I think, it seems like a good place.
post #56 of 642
We could meet in my laboratory at nus on the weekend. I can say we are conducting a user study / workshop.
post #57 of 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallcaps View Post

We could meet in my laboratory at nus on the weekend. I can say we are conducting a user study / workshop.

Haha! Do you work or study there?
post #58 of 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenz View Post


Why's that? Curiosity

i went there a few times in different attire, they treat me differently

 

i went in singlet and shorts and they ignored me.

 

when i went in sch uniform, i was being shown beats when i asked what is the best iem or headphones

 

when i went in formal wear, i was shown alot alot of stuffs incldg amps, customs etc.

 

its bad to do that.

post #59 of 642
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chesterljh View Post

i went there a few times in different attire, they treat me differently

i went in singlet and shorts and they ignored me.

when i went in sch uniform, i was being shown beats when i asked what is the best iem or headphones

when i went in formal wear, i was shown alot alot of stuffs incldg amps, customs etc.

its bad to do that.

Haha. Yeah welcome to the stereotype in commercial business. I love going into expensive stores dressed down to see the service provided.

I haven't tested Jaben, but what they do isn't anything new. But yup. I don't like it when businesses do that. It ain't right but.

I'm guessing their perspective is that they hedge their bets on one type of customer spending more.
post #60 of 642

Jaben sells beats? Oh well, I can be considered a champ. I went in there and asked to audition the fostex th-900 (2700 dollar headphone btw). 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked