- 13 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 6/26/15 at 6:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 5:35 am in Portable Source Gear
- Lotoo PAW 5000 Review by mark2410 Last post on 8/20/15 at 9:06am in Portable Source Gear
- Lotoo PAW 5000 now available from Hifiheadphones.co.uk Last post on 9/3/15 at 8:22am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions And Appreciation Thread Last post on 10/1/15 at 9:56am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
The VSD5 is the next earphone to follow up on the successful release of the very popular VSD3/VSD3s. From afar the VSD5 looks eerily similar with their older/younger brother, the VSD3/VSD3s....
Company Name: Sound Blaster Company Website: http://us.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-e5 Amp Model: E5 Impedance: Low Gain: 2.2-300 Ohm, High Gain 300-600 Ohm SNR: 120dB THD:...
I had only tried IEM's bought at local stores until I got these, and they were a huge upgrade. In fact, I would argue these are the best set you could have bought at the time for the price. They...
Got this as a gift from the girlfriend, sadly it is WAY too powerful for nearfield and will be selling it for a much less powerful model. Quality issues with a slightly sticky pot which went away...
For larger (1200 x 800) images - simply click the photo INTRODUCTION I don’t think there would be many people of my vintage who are into computer audio, and haven’t heard of Creative Labs. My...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If it plays, I wonder if this is due to conversion from DSD to PCM done by software. As many people have already mentioned, by default the Wolfson 8740 does not support DSD..... maybe this is more of a question for JmoonAK/ Iriver ?
Thank you very much...look forward to your reply
I should have an answer for you guys by next week.
By the way, I was aware the DSD format support is being followed up on a future firmware update and not straight out of the box. I'll try to confirm this as well.
Edited by JmoonAK - 5/10/13 at 9:46am
Congratulation for two of you as the first Head fi er owned AK 120:D
Please share your comparison to ak 100 stage 2
Edited by rudi0504 - 5/10/13 at 9:55am
Dude, I am sorry but I am jealous as hell. Thinking about how long I have to put money aside and you already have it and try it out with best headphones and iems
Well at least, all these photos and impressions are giving me a boost to hold on more and wait until the correct time comes.
Btw, really out of topic but, is there a way to reach FitEar customs/iems in Europe? By distributors and all I mean.
Who wants to send me one? Whatever I do to it to improve it will be FREE to the person who sends me one. At the very least, I want to lower that
output impedance if possible. But I'm hoping there is room for more good things to come! (and yes I'll pay for the return shipping).
Email me (email@example.com) instead of PM.
- The Astell & Kern AK120
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 46 seconds ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 1 minute ago
- › I need some help soldering a 3.5mm aux cable to my subwoofer 3 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 3 minutes ago
- › What makes an Audiophile 4 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs Element 4 minutes ago
- › Superlux HA3D + HD 600? 6 minutes ago
- › Thanks for knowledge 6 minutes ago
- › JVC SU-AX7 - new portable headphone amp/dac 8 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD5: Sony EX 1000's Adopted Cousin by Tom22
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by whitedragon551
- › Lenntek Sonix 3 w/ Microphone by Incognito101
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by yay101
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by Brooko
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by rasmushorn
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2