- 13 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 1/22/15 at 4:33am in Portable Source Gear
- Pono VS AK100/120 Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:18am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If it plays, I wonder if this is due to conversion from DSD to PCM done by software. As many people have already mentioned, by default the Wolfson 8740 does not support DSD..... maybe this is more of a question for JmoonAK/ Iriver ?
Thank you very much...look forward to your reply
I should have an answer for you guys by next week.
By the way, I was aware the DSD format support is being followed up on a future firmware update and not straight out of the box. I'll try to confirm this as well.
Edited by JmoonAK - 5/10/13 at 9:46am
Congratulation for two of you as the first Head fi er owned AK 120:D
Please share your comparison to ak 100 stage 2
Edited by rudi0504 - 5/10/13 at 9:55am
Dude, I am sorry but I am jealous as hell. Thinking about how long I have to put money aside and you already have it and try it out with best headphones and iems
Well at least, all these photos and impressions are giving me a boost to hold on more and wait until the correct time comes.
Btw, really out of topic but, is there a way to reach FitEar customs/iems in Europe? By distributors and all I mean.
Who wants to send me one? Whatever I do to it to improve it will be FREE to the person who sends me one. At the very least, I want to lower that
output impedance if possible. But I'm hoping there is room for more good things to come! (and yes I'll pay for the return shipping).
Email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) instead of PM.
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › Music Game IX 36 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution?... 1 minute ago
- › New full-sized headphone to get the best out of my Fiio X1 ( and... 1 minute ago
- › oppo105D headphone jack 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Sound Blaster X7 3 minutes ago
- › HM-901 3 minutes ago
- › Soundcard, AMP/DAC with philips fidelio x2 3 minutes ago
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Custom AKG V-Moda Boom Pro Adapter (Testers Wanted) 4 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 Plus DAC by lalojimenez
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by thatBeatsguy
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3