Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK120
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 46

post #676 of 6399

thank you.

post #677 of 6399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy1234 View Post

Leica had been in the camera market for so long as compared to Iriver.

 

And it's german technology which usually are very high quality stuff.

 

But photography and audio are totally different thing as photography depends a lot on the skill of the photographer whereas audio is very subjective ti individual liking, u might not hear what I heard.

 

normal_smile%20.gif

German made...much like my Colorfly C4....

post #678 of 6399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

 

photography is more about skills and sharp eye than about gear. i saw some great photos from chaps using mobile phone and entry level Canon DSLR. i also saw examples of people who spent many thousands on expensive pro gear and coming back to complain about L lenses being not sharp enough. i can post some links to great photos taken with fairly average gear.

 

so i would not put comparison between Leica and music gear, this simply goes off the mark. i can compare gear on its own but i cannot compare gear making great photos because even simple gear can take good photos if you know what you are doing.

Its strange to think that the younger and/or female listener is actually achieving the resolution gains we all crave for free.....unfortunately being male and the older you get, the poorer our dynamic audio range becomes, especially in the higher frequencies,....even if our appreciation of what we may hear improves!

 

Darn those youngsters getting things for free and not even realising it.....

post #679 of 6399
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafanddumb View Post

German made...much like my Colorfly C4....

 

scusi, German made = Damn Overpriced for what you get.

post #680 of 6399
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafanddumb View Post

Its strange to think that the younger and/or female listener is actually achieving the resolution gains we all crave for free.....unfortunately being male and the older you get, the poorer our dynamic audio range becomes, especially in the higher frequencies,....even if our appreciation of what we may hear improves!

 

Darn those youngsters getting things for free and not even realising it.....

 

LoL, i was not thinking it this way... :-D

post #681 of 6399
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafanddumb View Post

German made...much like my Colorfly C4....

Yup. And the handcrafted engraving at the back is enough to die for ksc75smile.gif

post #682 of 6399
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanYWM View Post

Yup. And the handcrafted engraving at the back is enough to die for ksc75smile.gif

 

oh yes, how i forgot about engraving? :-D

post #683 of 6399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

 

scusi, German made = Damn Overpriced for what you get.

I am sorry I am not agree with you here. It is not always the case (Let's not talk about Charles Altmann and his Tera Player, in here probably we share the same opinion). 'Most' of the times, you get build quality and a machine/device who works eternally without a problem. I wouldn't trust all the German products, but I do believe they earned their name for a reason.

 

Today German engineering and Made In Germany labels mean a lot to many people and there is a reason behind that.

 

However it is really not related to the subject which is AK120 so let's not start another fight on head-fi wink.gif

post #684 of 6399

Small amount of excitement on the AK100 thread right now. It appears some clever Russian hackers have managed to adapt the AK120 firmware for the AK100.

 

We now have the brand new UI and more importantly we finally have working gapless. There are also early reports that there may be an improvement to the sound signature, but obviously at this early stage that could be purely placebo.

 

Exciting times :)

post #685 of 6399
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

I am sorry I am not agree with you here. It is not always the case (Let's not talk about Charles Altmann and his Tera Player, in here probably we share the same opinion). 'Most' of the times, you get build quality and a machine/device who works eternally without a problem. I wouldn't trust all the German products, but I do believe they earned their name for a reason.

 

Today German engineering and Made In Germany labels mean a lot to many people and there is a reason behind that.

 

However it is really not related to the subject which is AK120 so let's not start another fight on head-fi wink.gif

 

agree, NOT always the case but... sadly happens often. most of all i mean German cars here because in high end Germans have some amazing products like MBL strahlradiator loudspeakers, Acoustic Arts CPD and amazing Audio Physic loudspeakers which would not set your wallet back many years.... i know all this... but more often i find also things here which would cost much less if made not in Germany and not because quality would be different but because German labour is too expensive and there is a lot of overhype about German quality. my German made expensive TV set i had 20 years ago stopped working only after 6 years of use while 30y Panasonic was working till the day when its bulb was naturally worn out.

 

also try sit into BMW 7 after having seated in Maserati Quatroporte or Jaguar XJ new make. i drive BMW from time to time and can only say everything in their line below BMW5 is waste of money and time.

 

of course i mean that's ONLY me and everything i said is in my humble opinion :-D


Edited by Gintaras - 5/25/13 at 6:45am
post #686 of 6399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

 

agree, NOT always the case but... sadly happens often. most of all i mean German cars here because in high end Germans have some amazing products like MBL strahlradiator loudspeakers, Acoustic Arts CPD and amazing Audio Physic loudspeakers which would not set your wallet back many years.... i know all this... but more often i find also things here which would cost much less if made not in Germany and not because quality would be different but because German labour is too expensive and there is a lot of overhype about German quality. my German made expensive TV set i had 20 years ago stopped working only after 6 years of use while 30y Panasonic was working till the day when its bulb was naturally worn out.

 

also try sit into BMW 7 after having seated in Maserati Quatroporte or Jaguar XJ new make. i drive BMW from time to time and can only say everything in their line below BMW5 is waste of money and time.

 

of course i mean that's ONLY me and everything i said is in my humble opinion :-D

Omg now we are discussing German cars vs Italian cars vs British cars in AK120 thread biggrin.gif. I didn't check the prices but I think in similar horsepowers / engine volumes, Quatroporte and XJ is more expensive than 7 series, I might be wrong though. Also honestly, if I go to that class, I wouldn't buy any of them I think I would go for Bentley which is British but under VW group. Well, when you go to that expensive cars, disappointing is a little bit rare to feel I think.

 

I have Made in Germany headphones, GMP 8.35D Monitor, dude you can't break these things, simply step on it and jump, nothing can happen. 160 euro price tag, awesome sound, indestructable, strongly recommended.

 

I agree with you, of course no one can guarentee anything, it can happen in any product. Let's not ruin the thread for the ones who has an expensive toy wink.gif

post #687 of 6399
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

 

agree, NOT always the case but... sadly happens often. most of all i mean German cars here because in high end Germans have some amazing products like MBL strahlradiator loudspeakers, Acoustic Arts CPD and amazing Audio Physic loudspeakers which would not set your wallet back many years.... i know all this... but more often i find also things here which would cost much less if made not in Germany and not because quality would be different but because German labour is too expensive and there is a lot of overhype about German quality. my German made expensive TV set i had 20 years ago stopped working only after 6 years of use while 30y Panasonic was working till the day when its bulb was naturally worn out.

 

also try sit into BMW 7 after having seated in Maserati Quatroporte or Jaguar XJ new make. i drive BMW from time to time and can only say everything in their line below BMW5 is waste of money and time.

 

of course i mean that's ONLY me and everything i said is in my humble opinion :-D

Omg now we are discussing German cars vs Italian cars vs British cars in AK120 thread biggrin.gif. I didn't check the prices but I think in similar horsepowers / engine volumes, Quatroporte and XJ is more expensive than 7 series, I might be wrong though. Also honestly, if I go to that class, I wouldn't buy any of them I think I would go for Bentley which is British but under VW group. Well, when you go to that expensive cars, disappointing is a little bit rare to feel I think.

 

I have Made in Germany headphones, GMP 8.35D Monitor, dude you can't break these things, simply step on it and jump, nothing can happen. 160 euro price tag, awesome sound, indestructable, strongly recommended.

 

I agree with you, of course no one can guarentee anything, it can happen in any product. Let's not ruin the thread for the ones who has an expensive toy wink.gif

Don't say OMG, is not good...how will you differ then the rest?

post #688 of 6399
LoL, this is weekend so some off topic discussins must be kosher :-)

I am living here close to Germany and use many things, German quality is really good but i often feel that Germany is happy to overcharge for things it makes. A fully equipped XJ would be 140€ and similar BMW 7 would be some 125 or 130€ K of course... but but ok, lets go back to ak120 or better have fun on ak100 thread, i do not know if Iriver must be mad reading this about some smart Russian dudes modifying their firmware to make us headfiers happy :-)
Edited by Gintaras - 5/25/13 at 11:05am
post #689 of 6399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

LoL, this is weekend so some off topic discussins must be kosher :-)

I am living here close to Germany and use many things, German quality is really good but i often feel that Germany is happy to overcharge for things it makes. A fully equipped XJ would be 140€ and similar BMW 7 would be some 125 or 130€ K of course... but but ok, lets go back to ak120 or better have fun on ak100 thread, i do not know if Iriver must be mad reading this about some smart Russian dudes modifying their firmware to make us headfiers happy :-)

That was real fun for me, although the russians seemed to be a childish in sense of humour. I really wonder how iriver will react to it, they still didn't provide gapless to their own customers but some tech-head russian found a way and apparently everything seems fine for the moment.

post #690 of 6399
Amber, you say Russian sense of humor? Then Try to imagine what faces Iriver chaps have after reading us today :-)))

Seriously Iriver is good brand and people but what happened today must be some eye opener for them...

Still LOL....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK120