For reference, I bought my brand spanking new AK120 last week in the bundle kit (dock, extra case, remote) from a vendor in the UK for £599. Don't know if that helps.any....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 6/26/15 at 6:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AKT5P Last post on 5/20/15 at 10:17am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
I bought these in Chicago O'Hare before I got into the Head-Fi hobby. I was looking more for a bluetooth headset solution but liked the way these sounded. After listening to Grados, Senns, and...
Preamble: I'm a budding audio-appreciator since starting on this journey a year ago. I just have average ears that like to listens to slightly above average sounds and so don't consider myself an...
***This is a tl;dr: review. please refer to other reviews for a more in-depth analysis on their amazing sound.*** For $100, you simply won't be getting anything better sound-wise than these cans,...
I own 3 High-end headphones ( HD 600, HD-650s, and HE 500s) and this amplifier does everything I want it to do. The headphones have been driven with authority, speed and transparency. The sound is...
Disclaimer: I would like to thank www.hifinage.com and Fidue for this review sample.I was supposed to keep it...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 417
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sorry but I didn't ask quite the right question! I found a review on the AK120 that stated that the internal database organised the tracks of an album alphabetically i.e., didn't preserve the running order.
So, for albums where correct running order is essential you have to play it using a playlist.
No, that's not right at all. In album view, it preserves the correct running order of tracks - 100%. In artist view when you select an artist you can drill down into each album and it preserves the correct running order. In the root for each individual artist it presents an ALL SONGS option - this option is alphanumeric for all songs from that artist regardless of how many albums you have.
I'm running 1.40 firmware and all my music - FLAC - is properly tagged.
I imagine that review was in error or for an older firmware version that I've never experienced.
Yes, and it goes at UK499 for buyers outside UK.. very good deal, would have jumped on that if i had lots of spare cash lying around.
Too bad they have already sold out their promo
Oh i thought you were talking about custom-cable.uk
I didn't know there are other vendors who also offered the same promo!
No....! Given I'm relatively new here I'm not up to speed on the protocol for posting links to suppliers that may not be sponsors or who compete with those who are! I'll happily post if I'm allowed to! Or pm me if necessary!
A quick piece of advice to those receiving new AK120s - buy a screen protector asap (if one isn't included in the bundle). I find the screen scratches far more easily than an iPhone.
The bundle I bought had one already applied as well as one on the back. There was also a spare for the screen and and back in the box....
Great advice tho'...
It even comes with a spare apart from the one that is already applied on the screen
It sure does. I have 2 fully loaded working fine....well, the unit plays up often and have to reboot to see cards but that was same with 64gb also.
It'll read them, but the more music you have, the more playing a track is like trying to drive a car starting in fifth gear.
Hmm, doesn't sound good. I tend to do bulk of my listening at work (got to make those 8 hours pass somehow whilst remaining clinically sane :P) so the things got to work first time every time (one thing the ipods are good at to be fair to them).
That doesn't sound good either! As said above I listen to music at work and feel guilty enough scrolling through an ipod classic to get to the album I want!
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 8 seconds ago
- › RockJaw Alfa Genus - Reviews, Impressions Thread 9 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 9 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Does WASAPI support 24/192? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Should I buy ps500 or dr990 (metal and rock) 2 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 210 BTNC Bluetooth 3.0 Active Noise Cancelling Stereo... by audionut44
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by RedTwilight
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by AvidlyEclectic
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12 by vlenbo
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)