For reference, I bought my brand spanking new AK120 last week in the bundle kit (dock, extra case, remote) from a vendor in the UK for £599. Don't know if that helps.any....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 11/26/14 at 11:07am in Portable Source Gear
- Headphones for Astell & Kern AK120 Last post on 11/17/14 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/28/14
Is being a Jack of all trades and Master of none really a bad thing? Firstly thank you to RHA and Lin0003 for organizing the tour of the T10i as this was one IEM I was...
Purchased this system off of Ebay. Overall very good sound, impressive sound output with powerful bass response, at its price point ($250} I think it is the system to beat, the satellites sound...
I got these from Amazon. Truth be told, I was a bit skeptical due to lack of reviews at the time (positive or negative). But I was ordering my Crossfade LPs [they good or bad, is an entirely...
These have been a real dream to listen to. They have a really good range of sound not artificial sounding at all. They have have as a matter fact excellent tremble. They don't pull the mids to...
Ok! Point number 1: horrible button layout! Point number 2: excellent sound quality! The stock theme is badly designed. EDIT: There are custom themes that make the player look much...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 417
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sorry but I didn't ask quite the right question! I found a review on the AK120 that stated that the internal database organised the tracks of an album alphabetically i.e., didn't preserve the running order.
So, for albums where correct running order is essential you have to play it using a playlist.
No, that's not right at all. In album view, it preserves the correct running order of tracks - 100%. In artist view when you select an artist you can drill down into each album and it preserves the correct running order. In the root for each individual artist it presents an ALL SONGS option - this option is alphanumeric for all songs from that artist regardless of how many albums you have.
I'm running 1.40 firmware and all my music - FLAC - is properly tagged.
I imagine that review was in error or for an older firmware version that I've never experienced.
Yes, and it goes at UK499 for buyers outside UK.. very good deal, would have jumped on that if i had lots of spare cash lying around.
Too bad they have already sold out their promo
Oh i thought you were talking about custom-cable.uk
I didn't know there are other vendors who also offered the same promo!
No....! Given I'm relatively new here I'm not up to speed on the protocol for posting links to suppliers that may not be sponsors or who compete with those who are! I'll happily post if I'm allowed to! Or pm me if necessary!
The bundle I bought had one already applied as well as one on the back. There was also a spare for the screen and and back in the box....
Great advice tho'...
It even comes with a spare apart from the one that is already applied on the screen
It sure does. I have 2 fully loaded working fine....well, the unit plays up often and have to reboot to see cards but that was same with 64gb also.
It'll read them, but the more music you have, the more playing a track is like trying to drive a car starting in fifth gear.
Hmm, doesn't sound good. I tend to do bulk of my listening at work (got to make those 8 hours pass somehow whilst remaining clinically sane :P) so the things got to work first time every time (one thing the ipods are good at to be fair to them).
That doesn't sound good either! As said above I listen to music at work and feel guilty enough scrolling through an ipod classic to get to the album I want!
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 16 seconds ago
- › High End DAC Recommendations 37 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode 3 minutes ago
- › Hi, i'm new 5 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i by gikigill
- › Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System... by Croozer
- › V-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal... by atkhan
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)