For reference, I bought my brand spanking new AK120 last week in the bundle kit (dock, extra case, remote) from a vendor in the UK for £599. Don't know if that helps.any....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 5/15/15 at 3:28pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AKT5P Last post on 5/20/15 at 10:17am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
My reviews are usually long winded and detailed, but in this review im keeping things short as this is not a high-end product by any means. I have had the Sansa Clip since June of last year, and...
In my humble opinion the Sennheiser HD600 is by far one of the best sounding dynamic headphones on the market period hopefully you'll agree with me at the end of this...
This review is for the Ubsound Fighters, let me introduce myself before I get started. My name is Adam I am 38 years old and have been into audio equipment since I was in high school. In the past 2...
Introduction: One of my favorite part of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 417
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sorry but I didn't ask quite the right question! I found a review on the AK120 that stated that the internal database organised the tracks of an album alphabetically i.e., didn't preserve the running order.
So, for albums where correct running order is essential you have to play it using a playlist.
No, that's not right at all. In album view, it preserves the correct running order of tracks - 100%. In artist view when you select an artist you can drill down into each album and it preserves the correct running order. In the root for each individual artist it presents an ALL SONGS option - this option is alphanumeric for all songs from that artist regardless of how many albums you have.
I'm running 1.40 firmware and all my music - FLAC - is properly tagged.
I imagine that review was in error or for an older firmware version that I've never experienced.
Yes, and it goes at UK499 for buyers outside UK.. very good deal, would have jumped on that if i had lots of spare cash lying around.
Too bad they have already sold out their promo
Oh i thought you were talking about custom-cable.uk
I didn't know there are other vendors who also offered the same promo!
No....! Given I'm relatively new here I'm not up to speed on the protocol for posting links to suppliers that may not be sponsors or who compete with those who are! I'll happily post if I'm allowed to! Or pm me if necessary!
A quick piece of advice to those receiving new AK120s - buy a screen protector asap (if one isn't included in the bundle). I find the screen scratches far more easily than an iPhone.
The bundle I bought had one already applied as well as one on the back. There was also a spare for the screen and and back in the box....
Great advice tho'...
It even comes with a spare apart from the one that is already applied on the screen
It sure does. I have 2 fully loaded working fine....well, the unit plays up often and have to reboot to see cards but that was same with 64gb also.
It'll read them, but the more music you have, the more playing a track is like trying to drive a car starting in fifth gear.
Hmm, doesn't sound good. I tend to do bulk of my listening at work (got to make those 8 hours pass somehow whilst remaining clinically sane :P) so the things got to work first time every time (one thing the ipods are good at to be fair to them).
That doesn't sound good either! As said above I listen to music at work and feel guilty enough scrolling through an ipod classic to get to the album I want!
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 second ago
- › Discussion for next Florida meet 2015 8 seconds ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 33 seconds ago
- › Mjolnir Audio electrostatic amps 41 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 minute ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 1 minute ago
- › The Tera player thread - All your questions answered ! 1 minute ago
- › EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] 2 minutes ago
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Trinity - Techne Dynamic IEM by mark2410
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2