For reference, I bought my brand spanking new AK120 last week in the bundle kit (dock, extra case, remote) from a vendor in the UK for £599. Don't know if that helps.any....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on Today at 4:16 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ultrasone performance 880 Last post on 8/10/14 at 10:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 417
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sorry but I didn't ask quite the right question! I found a review on the AK120 that stated that the internal database organised the tracks of an album alphabetically i.e., didn't preserve the running order.
So, for albums where correct running order is essential you have to play it using a playlist.
No, that's not right at all. In album view, it preserves the correct running order of tracks - 100%. In artist view when you select an artist you can drill down into each album and it preserves the correct running order. In the root for each individual artist it presents an ALL SONGS option - this option is alphanumeric for all songs from that artist regardless of how many albums you have.
I'm running 1.40 firmware and all my music - FLAC - is properly tagged.
I imagine that review was in error or for an older firmware version that I've never experienced.
Yes, and it goes at UK499 for buyers outside UK.. very good deal, would have jumped on that if i had lots of spare cash lying around.
Too bad they have already sold out their promo
Oh i thought you were talking about custom-cable.uk
I didn't know there are other vendors who also offered the same promo!
No....! Given I'm relatively new here I'm not up to speed on the protocol for posting links to suppliers that may not be sponsors or who compete with those who are! I'll happily post if I'm allowed to! Or pm me if necessary!
The bundle I bought had one already applied as well as one on the back. There was also a spare for the screen and and back in the box....
Great advice tho'...
It even comes with a spare apart from the one that is already applied on the screen
It sure does. I have 2 fully loaded working fine....well, the unit plays up often and have to reboot to see cards but that was same with 64gb also.
It'll read them, but the more music you have, the more playing a track is like trying to drive a car starting in fifth gear.
Hmm, doesn't sound good. I tend to do bulk of my listening at work (got to make those 8 hours pass somehow whilst remaining clinically sane :P) so the things got to work first time every time (one thing the ipods are good at to be fair to them).
That doesn't sound good either! As said above I listen to music at work and feel guilty enough scrolling through an ipod classic to get to the album I want!
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › Shuffle mode - not as good as Rockbox 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Amp's Ability to Power a Headphone 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)