- 385 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Perth Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 1/22/15 at 4:33am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell kern ak120 help or advice needed Last post on 2/13/15 at 8:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 406
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So the 120's price drops dramatically.
Maybe, maybe not... As I don't see US dealer and AU dealer decrease the price, yet...
Super deal for a few lucky ones.
Congrats with your AK 120!!!!
I do not see any other deal like that on line and it is also
the only A&K product that they have for sale with a discount.
The cradle f i is still full price, unfortunately.
This is very limited as quantity is small but it is an international offer open to anyone.
But another question is, why so sudden has this offer and this limited quantity? Does those AK120s within this offer has some fault or problem so they need to sell them in a cheap price?
Probably something to do sales been down due to the new Ak120ii/100ii
Thanks Phil! I'm very happy with your serve. :)
hmm, i've done it on windows actually....
at the instruction says something like this....
"To upgrade simply extract the hex file to the root directory of your player and restart it."
i think u can extract from the "AstellKern_AK120_Firmware_v121.zip" file and put the "AK120.hex" inside the root of your AK120 folder (not the micro SD)
im copying this from the website.
AstellKern AK120 Firmware v1.21 (34.0 MB) - info
To upgrade simply extract the hex file to the root directory of your player and restart it.
[ Warning ]
Before firmware upgrade:
- Make sure your AK120's battery level is at least at 80%.
- Make sure your AK120 has at least 50MB of memory remaining.
- Don't unplug the AK120 from your PC during hex data transfer.
[ Improvements ]
- Adds USB DAC function.
- Fixes intermittent failure to recognise certain SD cards (Samsung).
- Prevents Power off / Sleep mode when connected via optical-in.
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › Music Game IX 9 seconds ago
- › Best headphones for a certain type of music 25 seconds ago
- › V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion,... 43 seconds ago
- › Bit Perfect Audio from Linux 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › Almi's Logitech Z-5500 Mod (High-End upgrade for the speaker system) 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Should I mod my XB700? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum over ear or Sennheiser HD25-1 II? 4 minutes ago
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3