I got my AK120 today.And it is phenomenal with my IE800.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on Today at 12:23 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ultrasone performance 880 Last post on 8/10/14 at 10:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 395
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Welcome, but personally I think the AK120 sounds better with warmer IEMs. Try it sometime.
Could also depend on the firmware. I thought it was atrocious with the 8A on most firmwares.... On the 1Plus2 which isn't very warm I found it to be very good.
Well it's not the first device to exhibit this. The DX100 is another device that clearly shows this. It has its pros and cons. The pro is having more versatility with your IEMs. The con is the inconsistency.
Anyone has used this glass screen protector ? http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=281315636291
Frickin' expensive.....you could buy and replace with a 'normal' screen protector *every year* for 10 years before this would be cost effective...or am I missing something here?
It should be but it is nice with IE800 too.For example which iem do you suggest ?
And ''New firmware is coming in a few weeks'' Astell&Kern said.
They told me,they fixed the bugs.
My W4R is doing pretty well with my AK120, and I will report back once I get my UniRox sometime next month. Bug fixes are nice, but I hope they don't change the sound sig. like the last couple of times.
Understood.Enjoy your W4 then. :)
Even if tralucent is a warmer iem, it sounds better on hm901 rather than ak120.
Yeppp, also interested but :
Which one is the best between W60 and JH Universal Roxanne ? for AK120 or DX90 ?
i think JH Universal Roxanne is more stronger than W60.
never heard them before and no possibility.
only to take a strong and big risk at ordering one of them et discover later ...
do you site web site where to purchase any of them ?
Could you advise please ?
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 49 seconds ago
- › The Official Eddie Current 4-45 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Beyer Dynamic T70 - Barely a Beyer? (Review) 1 minute ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1) 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Usb Dac Noob and I have SO many questions. My setup: Desk: Laptop >... 6 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)