I got my AK120 today.And it is phenomenal with my IE800.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell kern ak120 help or advice needed Last post on 2/13/15 at 8:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the wonderful AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a few years, wireless...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
For me, the Audeze EL-8Cs satisfy a long awaited two year search for a closed headphone that I can use at work that sound just as good as my home theater setup. I enjoy them so much, that I cannot...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 395
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Welcome, but personally I think the AK120 sounds better with warmer IEMs. Try it sometime.
Could also depend on the firmware. I thought it was atrocious with the 8A on most firmwares.... On the 1Plus2 which isn't very warm I found it to be very good.
Well it's not the first device to exhibit this. The DX100 is another device that clearly shows this. It has its pros and cons. The pro is having more versatility with your IEMs. The con is the inconsistency.
Anyone has used this glass screen protector ? http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=281315636291
Frickin' expensive.....you could buy and replace with a 'normal' screen protector *every year* for 10 years before this would be cost effective...or am I missing something here?
It should be but it is nice with IE800 too.For example which iem do you suggest ?
And ''New firmware is coming in a few weeks'' Astell&Kern said.
They told me,they fixed the bugs.
My W4R is doing pretty well with my AK120, and I will report back once I get my UniRox sometime next month. Bug fixes are nice, but I hope they don't change the sound sig. like the last couple of times.
Understood.Enjoy your W4 then. :)
Even if tralucent is a warmer iem, it sounds better on hm901 rather than ak120.
Yeppp, also interested but :
Which one is the best between W60 and JH Universal Roxanne ? for AK120 or DX90 ?
i think JH Universal Roxanne is more stronger than W60.
never heard them before and no possibility.
only to take a strong and big risk at ordering one of them et discover later ...
do you site web site where to purchase any of them ?
Could you advise please ?
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 20 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 38 seconds ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Seattle Spring Meet at BottleHeadquarters 4/25/2015 2 minutes ago
- › Best MUSIC SERVER: WEISS 301, Aurender, LUMIN.... ? HELP ! 3 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves in Crystal Blue for the Shure... 3 minutes ago
- › Using the Sennheiser HD 215-II as headset with clip on mic ( with... 4 minutes ago
- › How do you access the owners manual 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2