I got my AK120 today.And it is phenomenal with my IE800.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 8/24/14 at 2:26am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 II and AK120 II UK Pre Order Available Now Last post on 7/9/14 at 11:27am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 395
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Welcome, but personally I think the AK120 sounds better with warmer IEMs. Try it sometime.
Could also depend on the firmware. I thought it was atrocious with the 8A on most firmwares.... On the 1Plus2 which isn't very warm I found it to be very good.
Well it's not the first device to exhibit this. The DX100 is another device that clearly shows this. It has its pros and cons. The pro is having more versatility with your IEMs. The con is the inconsistency.
Anyone has used this glass screen protector ? http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=281315636291
Frickin' expensive.....you could buy and replace with a 'normal' screen protector *every year* for 10 years before this would be cost effective...or am I missing something here?
It should be but it is nice with IE800 too.For example which iem do you suggest ?
And ''New firmware is coming in a few weeks'' Astell&Kern said.
They told me,they fixed the bugs.
My W4R is doing pretty well with my AK120, and I will report back once I get my UniRox sometime next month. Bug fixes are nice, but I hope they don't change the sound sig. like the last couple of times.
Understood.Enjoy your W4 then. :)
Even if tralucent is a warmer iem, it sounds better on hm901 rather than ak120.
Yeppp, also interested but :
Which one is the best between W60 and JH Universal Roxanne ? for AK120 or DX90 ?
i think JH Universal Roxanne is more stronger than W60.
never heard them before and no possibility.
only to take a strong and big risk at ordering one of them et discover later ...
do you site web site where to purchase any of them ?
Could you advise please ?
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 47 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 3 minutes ago
- › Musician, need IEM for live monitoring (200 - 250$) 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 6 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)