I got my AK120 today.And it is phenomenal with my IE800.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 1/22/15 at 4:33am in Portable Source Gear
- Pono VS AK100/120 Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:18am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
Couldn't find much on the internet about these, so I took the plunge. Pros: Nice aesthetics Solid build quality Cheaper than Bose equivalent, looks and feels nicer,...
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 395
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Welcome, but personally I think the AK120 sounds better with warmer IEMs. Try it sometime.
Could also depend on the firmware. I thought it was atrocious with the 8A on most firmwares.... On the 1Plus2 which isn't very warm I found it to be very good.
Well it's not the first device to exhibit this. The DX100 is another device that clearly shows this. It has its pros and cons. The pro is having more versatility with your IEMs. The con is the inconsistency.
Anyone has used this glass screen protector ? http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=281315636291
Frickin' expensive.....you could buy and replace with a 'normal' screen protector *every year* for 10 years before this would be cost effective...or am I missing something here?
It should be but it is nice with IE800 too.For example which iem do you suggest ?
And ''New firmware is coming in a few weeks'' Astell&Kern said.
They told me,they fixed the bugs.
My W4R is doing pretty well with my AK120, and I will report back once I get my UniRox sometime next month. Bug fixes are nice, but I hope they don't change the sound sig. like the last couple of times.
Understood.Enjoy your W4 then. :)
Even if tralucent is a warmer iem, it sounds better on hm901 rather than ak120.
Yeppp, also interested but :
Which one is the best between W60 and JH Universal Roxanne ? for AK120 or DX90 ?
i think JH Universal Roxanne is more stronger than W60.
never heard them before and no possibility.
only to take a strong and big risk at ordering one of them et discover later ...
do you site web site where to purchase any of them ?
Could you advise please ?
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 seconds ago
- › Metrum Acoustics Octave 49 seconds ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 55 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › Questyle QP1 3 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Lynx Hilo - new offering from Pro Audio company. 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 7 minutes ago
- › How to play dsd files??? 7 minutes ago
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)