Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK120
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 387

post #5791 of 6309
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyClown View Post
 

 

You have the ISOs already, is that correct?

Yes.

post #5792 of 6309

I have a very simple command line exe, that rips the dsf files from the ISOs, retaining all the tags. I see you use Macs at home and work. Do you have access to a PC? To the best of my knowledge this method is only PC based

post #5793 of 6309
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyClown View Post
 

I have a very simple command line exe, that rips the dsf files from the ISOs, retaining all the tags. I see you use Macs at home and work. Do you have access to a PC? To the best of my knowledge this method is only PC based

Yes I do. Not very computer savy, but I can follow directions.

post #5794 of 6309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widell View Post
 

So which UIEMs would be most suitable for AK120.........SE846 or Roxanne or which others...have gone thru the threads but cannot find any conclusion of which UIEM is superior for the AK120?

 

Tralucent 1plus2 is very excellent with 120 and most everything else. ;) 

post #5795 of 6309

Hello everybody,

 

I currently use Ak100.I wanna buy this player.But I have some questions;

 

Is it good with IE800 ? How is the performance with IE800 ? 

 

Did anybody compare Ak120 with İbasso DX90 ? 

 

And does İriver support of Ak120's customers delicately ? 

 

Thanks.


Edited by high-fidelity - 5/4/14 at 1:12pm
post #5796 of 6309

delicately?You are lucky to be able to get through to them at all,that said it is a marvelous product

post #5797 of 6309
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbrach View Post
 

delicately?You are lucky to be able to get through to them at all,that said it is a marvelous product

Got it.

post #5798 of 6309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post
 

Yes I do. Not very computer savy, but I can follow directions.

 

 

Here we go, this was a great post in the other AK120 thread detailing the extraction method. Works like a charm :)

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/665329/astell-kern-ak120-impression-thread/255#post_9635166

post #5799 of 6309
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyClown View Post
 

 

 

Here we go, this was a great post in the other AK120 thread detailing the extraction method. Works like a charm :)

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/665329/astell-kern-ak120-impression-thread/255#post_9635166

Thank you......

post #5800 of 6309

Out of interest, can anyone comment on the sound quality with this player using UM Miracle IEMs as compared to using the same headphones with a rig comprising an Ipod Classic, CLAS Solo and Pico Slim or SR-71B (with balanced cable)?

 

Also for my channel audio, I have ripped CDs to Lossless FLAC files using DB Poweramp - can I use those same files with the AK120?

 

Thanks

 

James

post #5801 of 6309
Has anyone had any distortion problems with their DSDs? I have dsf rips off Duran Duran's Astronaut album and there is noticeable distortion throughout. It's the first time I've had this problem and I'm wondering if it's something to do with the conversion to pcm going on inside the AK120.
post #5802 of 6309
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyClown View Post

Has anyone had any distortion problems with their DSDs? I have dsf rips off Duran Duran's Astronaut album and there is noticeable distortion throughout. It's the first time I've had this problem and I'm wondering if it's something to do with the conversion to pcm going on inside the AK120.

Is there anyway you can check the files with other gear?

post #5803 of 6309
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post
 

Is there anyway you can check the files with other gear?

 

Not right now as I am out and about, however I have stuck one of the tracks on Dropbox. If anyone has 2 minutes to spare and has a chance to have a quick listen I would be truly grateful 

 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rfv74ketliludra/nqbZ6Dyqk1

post #5804 of 6309

Downloading now and I am going to test it with my AK120 and DX90.

post #5805 of 6309
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post
 

Downloading now and I am going to test it with my AK120 and DX90.

 

Awesome. Much appreciated :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK120