or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK120
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 370

post #5536 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papiro2 View Post
 

Earlier comments by A&K  indicated that for AK100 and Ak120 the micro SD card (128 GB) must be FAT 32 formatted, is that the case or you just plugged and played?

Thanks!

Works fine as shipped - exFAT.   One of the two cards purchased was defective and I will be sending it back, so I only have one in use at the moment.   Filled the card and played 90-minutes of music today without any problems.

post #5537 of 6936

GoodVibes,

 

Greetings. I read your post on the impedance issues with the AK120 with great interest and hope you can shed some light on my possible impedance-related issue. I bought an AK120 and paired it with an ALO Mark II and UE 11 IEMs. For some strange reason, I find that I have to use the EQ on the AK120 in a u-shape with bass and treble turned up almost all the way to get the highs and lows I used to get with ease using an old iTouch 5 into the original Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo and then line out into the Mark II. The input impedance on the Mark II is 40K, output impedance less than 1 ohm. Not sure what the output impedance is on the CLAS. Any ideas what's going on here? If I have to use EQ, then so be it because I love everything else about the AK 120 but it seems weird that I need to push the EQ to such extremes to get the same sound as I had using the CLAS with no EQ from the direct digital signal out from the iTouch. Is the Titan's less than 3 ohm out not as good a match with the 40 K input impedance of my Mark II amp as the old CLAS line out may have been? Would a different amp pair better with the Titan?

post #5538 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonljj View Post
 

 get it from amazon (not third party seller on amazon) if you are looking to get it. Its much cheaper than a lot of place plus you can be assured it not some fake product. Got it at 119USD.


As long as you live in the US. The rest of the world can't buy them as Amazon and Best Buy only sell to the states.

post #5539 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imod View Post


As long as you live in the US. The rest of the world can't buy them as Amazon and Best Buy only sell to the states.

Not true... I buy stuffs from amazon all the time.
post #5540 of 6936

Besides, just like PriceJapan, there are mail services for one to order stuff from the US.

post #5541 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar777 View Post


Not true... I buy stuffs from amazon all the time.

Amazon sells to other parts of the world (EG: Ecuador, Brazil). Custom duties and regulations might prevent or complicate the delivery to final destination.

post #5542 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post
 

Besides, just like PriceJapan, there are mail services for one to order stuff from the US.

Can you tell me please wich one I can use since I would like to order the Sandisk 128GB microsdxc card from Amazon?

post #5543 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papiro2 View Post
 

Amazon sells to other parts of the world (EG: Ecuador, Brazil). Custom duties and regulations might prevent or complicate the delivery to final destination.


Only Amazon.com (US) has the Sandisk 128GB microsdxc cards. Amazon.ca (Canada) doesn`t have them and I don`t think any other Amazon sites have them.

post #5544 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imod View Post
 

Can you tell me please wich one I can use since I would like to order the Sandisk 128GB microsdxc card from Amazon?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imod View Post
 


Only Amazon.com (US) has the Sandisk 128GB microsdxc cards. Amazon.ca (Canada) doesn`t have them and I don`t think any other Amazon sites have them.

Try this http://www.parcelzoom.com/

post #5545 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post
 

 

 

Try this http://www.parcelzoom.com/


Thank you!  I just opened an account. I just ordered 2 cards from Amazon and for some reason now they will ship to my Canada address. ????

post #5546 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imod View Post
 


Thank you!  I just opened an account. I just ordered 2 cards from Amazon and for some reason now they will ship to my Canada address. ????

Congrats, but who knows what's going on with Amazon.  I already got 2x 64 Gb cards for my AK120, but so far they are both empty as I can't even fill its internal 64Gb, or else I would have gotten a card and try it.

post #5547 of 6936

Happy to report the Sandisk 128 works fine as is in the AK120, as has been reported.

 

In Europe, amazon.de have them in stock. That's where I got it from.

post #5548 of 6936

I am having the weirdest thing happen with my 120.  I have restarted and scanned it many times to get it to work.

 

I have a band that i loaded music into earlier.  There is a lot of music from this band, 15gb maybe 20.  I went to listen to the music that i had been hearing earlier and it can not find the file.  I go to that sd card and open it and i just get that folder with the brackets and dots, no albums listed.  I go to the band list and try to pull some of the concerts and it can not find any files.  So i figure they got deleted…..but no, when i turn on the computer i can put in the 120 as a disc and pull the songs and play them.  They are still on the card and usable as disc but not findable by the 120.  The only thing i can figure is that it lost the path to the songs.  All other artists and files work from what i can tell.  So I deleted all of that music and renamed the band in caps and am reloading the first 24 bit album now.  We will see what happens.

 

Edit-Okay, that appears to have worked.  Hmmm.  


Edited by dallan - 3/11/14 at 11:05pm
post #5549 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post
 

I am having the weirdest thing happen with my 120.  I have restarted and scanned it many times to get it to work.

 

I have a band that i loaded music into earlier.  There is a lot of music from this band, 15gb maybe 20.  I went to listen to the music that i had been hearing earlier and it can not find the file.  I go to that sd card and open it and i just get that folder with the brackets and dots, no albums listed.  I go to the band list and try to pull some of the concerts and it can not find any files.  So i figure they got deleted…..but no, when i turn on the computer i can put in the 120 as a disc and pull the songs and play them.  They are still on the card and usable as disc but not findable by the 120.  The only thing i can figure is that it lost the path to the songs.  All other artists and files work from what i can tell.  So I deleted all of that music and renamed the band in caps and am reloading the first 24 bit album now.  We will see what happens.

 

Edit-Okay, that appears to have worked.  Hmmm.  

 

dalian, when that happens, I would just switch off the AK120 and on again. That usually takes care of the problem. The AK 120 occasionally fails to read the card. Sometimes the card doesn't even show up. Plan B is to eject and reinsert the card. Hope that works for you the next time you come across this issue. :beerchug:

post #5550 of 6936

That's a common issue. You'd think at the asking price for these devices that would not be the case....

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK120