- 4,461 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 6/26/15 at 6:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 5:35 am in Portable Source Gear
- Lotoo PAW 5000 Review by mark2410 Last post on 8/20/15 at 9:06am in Portable Source Gear
- Lotoo PAW 5000 now available from Hifiheadphones.co.uk Last post on 9/3/15 at 8:22am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions And Appreciation Thread Last post on 10/1/15 at 9:56am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 347
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i noticed that people claim to be running their AK120 (non rwak) SE output to balanced RSA amps. I was told from Ray himself that this would cause the amp's circuits to short. has anybody had any troubles so far? i'm specifically asking for use with the RSA intruder.
(i think i saw the pics around page 267-268)
Edited by Inopiquez - 1/27/14 at 11:21am
Typically RSA amps have a switch to run inputs single ended OR balanced so that is probably the answer to your question.
Morning all - I've got a space problem on my unit and need to use a 128GB SD card to solve it. I know that someone else here has done the same and found a very compact ribbon cable to connect the larger card to the slot in the AK - I've searched and searched and I know it is here somewhere, but can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks for that very helpful reply ;) It did occur to me to try those things in advance of asking the question. As you'll see from the following reply, the prices are stupidly high and/or the cable length is too long to be useful in another case.
But here another version.
My fear with that one is the cable is too short - I want to tape it to the AK and then slide the leather case over it. Also, shipping time is really long - which would be OK if it weren't for the short cable concern.
Or is this one something anyone else has used with the AK, and I needn't worry on the cable length?
Where would we be without sarcasm? :-) .lol.
I think Goodvibes has done it.. the mod.... is in the photo section of this thread... seriously surprised at the cost that seller is selling them for, hope its not a price hike as people start realizing what they can be used for....odd that iRiver didn't have a hole cut for the SD card slot on the case, just noticed that.
Edited by Goldlion973 - 1/28/14 at 10:41am
Weird.... is actually the same seller on Aliexpress selling them for $25 with free shipping, charging $129 on ebay .lol. There are a few sellers on Aliexpress so you can avoid him .lol. Think he made a mistake and its supposed to be $29 on ebay.
**Edit last post, price hike is just him saw another price but it was for bulk purchase**
Edited by Goldlion973 - 1/28/14 at 10:42am
DX still has a good deal on them. I use two with mine...
As stated earlier the delivery time was very long to the US.
- The Astell & Kern AK120
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 17 seconds ago
- › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 2 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 4 minutes ago
- › Picky brother needs a headphone. 4 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD5: Sony EX 1000's Adopted Cousin by Tom22
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by whitedragon551
- › Lenntek Sonix 3 w/ Microphone by Incognito101
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by yay101
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by Brooko
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by rasmushorn
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2