- 4,366 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 9/16/14 at 4:16pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ultrasone performance 880 Last post on 8/10/14 at 10:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 347
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i noticed that people claim to be running their AK120 (non rwak) SE output to balanced RSA amps. I was told from Ray himself that this would cause the amp's circuits to short. has anybody had any troubles so far? i'm specifically asking for use with the RSA intruder.
(i think i saw the pics around page 267-268)
Edited by Inopiquez - 1/27/14 at 11:21am
Typically RSA amps have a switch to run inputs single ended OR balanced so that is probably the answer to your question.
Morning all - I've got a space problem on my unit and need to use a 128GB SD card to solve it. I know that someone else here has done the same and found a very compact ribbon cable to connect the larger card to the slot in the AK - I've searched and searched and I know it is here somewhere, but can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks for that very helpful reply ;) It did occur to me to try those things in advance of asking the question. As you'll see from the following reply, the prices are stupidly high and/or the cable length is too long to be useful in another case.
But here another version.
My fear with that one is the cable is too short - I want to tape it to the AK and then slide the leather case over it. Also, shipping time is really long - which would be OK if it weren't for the short cable concern.
Or is this one something anyone else has used with the AK, and I needn't worry on the cable length?
Where would we be without sarcasm? :-) .lol.
I think Goodvibes has done it.. the mod.... is in the photo section of this thread... seriously surprised at the cost that seller is selling them for, hope its not a price hike as people start realizing what they can be used for....odd that iRiver didn't have a hole cut for the SD card slot on the case, just noticed that.
Edited by Goldlion973 - 1/28/14 at 10:41am
Weird.... is actually the same seller on Aliexpress selling them for $25 with free shipping, charging $129 on ebay .lol. There are a few sellers on Aliexpress so you can avoid him .lol. Think he made a mistake and its supposed to be $29 on ebay.
**Edit last post, price hike is just him saw another price but it was for bulk purchase**
Edited by Goldlion973 - 1/28/14 at 10:42am
DX still has a good deal on them. I use two with mine...
As stated earlier the delivery time was very long to the US.
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › [FS] Schiit Magni and Modi combo 15 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Like New Condition Audeze LCD-2 Rev 2 Rosewood with LCD-3 Earpads... 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10 6 minutes ago
- › [Listing] Canadian Companies/Retailers 6 minutes ago
- › Official NYC Metro Area "Headphonatics Anonymous" Fall Meet -... 6 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area little big MEET (it's happening!) 8 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)