- 4,457 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 6/26/15 at 6:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AKT5P Last post on 5/20/15 at 10:17am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. Sounding bad for its price. Still is good for casual...
It has a solid build that if you want to break them, you should do something extreme to them. Still it comes with 2 years of warranty and if you do break these, you can get a new one at %50...
Preface: Hearing the MSB Analog was a long overdue matter. A couple of weeks ago, I finally decided it was a good time to do something about it, hence I got one from local dealer to have the...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time passed,...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 347
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i noticed that people claim to be running their AK120 (non rwak) SE output to balanced RSA amps. I was told from Ray himself that this would cause the amp's circuits to short. has anybody had any troubles so far? i'm specifically asking for use with the RSA intruder.
(i think i saw the pics around page 267-268)
Edited by Inopiquez - 1/27/14 at 11:21am
Typically RSA amps have a switch to run inputs single ended OR balanced so that is probably the answer to your question.
Morning all - I've got a space problem on my unit and need to use a 128GB SD card to solve it. I know that someone else here has done the same and found a very compact ribbon cable to connect the larger card to the slot in the AK - I've searched and searched and I know it is here somewhere, but can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks for that very helpful reply ;) It did occur to me to try those things in advance of asking the question. As you'll see from the following reply, the prices are stupidly high and/or the cable length is too long to be useful in another case.
But here another version.
My fear with that one is the cable is too short - I want to tape it to the AK and then slide the leather case over it. Also, shipping time is really long - which would be OK if it weren't for the short cable concern.
Or is this one something anyone else has used with the AK, and I needn't worry on the cable length?
Where would we be without sarcasm? :-) .lol.
I think Goodvibes has done it.. the mod.... is in the photo section of this thread... seriously surprised at the cost that seller is selling them for, hope its not a price hike as people start realizing what they can be used for....odd that iRiver didn't have a hole cut for the SD card slot on the case, just noticed that.
Edited by Goldlion973 - 1/28/14 at 10:41am
Weird.... is actually the same seller on Aliexpress selling them for $25 with free shipping, charging $129 on ebay .lol. There are a few sellers on Aliexpress so you can avoid him .lol. Think he made a mistake and its supposed to be $29 on ebay.
**Edit last post, price hike is just him saw another price but it was for bulk purchase**
Edited by Goldlion973 - 1/28/14 at 10:42am
DX still has a good deal on them. I use two with mine...
As stated earlier the delivery time was very long to the US.
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 23 seconds ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 1 minute ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 2 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 5 minutes ago
- › Review- VPI Nomad Turntable 5 minutes ago
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3