- 4,427 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 1/22/15 at 4:33am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell kern ak120 help or advice needed Last post on 2/13/15 at 8:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
"Low cost champion", "Best in it's own way"... i love the way how things work in this earphone business :) however, please do not worry, vaziyetu here to correct things (again). first of all,...
Sometimes you want to hear the pluck of a guitar string. Sometimes that detail can be sacrificed in the name of bass.....enormous bass Honestly these are pretty damned good with rock too. Not...
Firstly, like to thank Mike from Meelectronics for supplying the M9 Classic to review. The new release of the M9 Classic is Meelectronics budget in ear headphone. Priced at $9.99USD, I was...
So, these are quite good, actually. But I am not as impressed as I should be after paying 500 Euro. There are some very nice things here, but also some very bad ones, and some silly...
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 347
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i noticed that people claim to be running their AK120 (non rwak) SE output to balanced RSA amps. I was told from Ray himself that this would cause the amp's circuits to short. has anybody had any troubles so far? i'm specifically asking for use with the RSA intruder.
(i think i saw the pics around page 267-268)
Edited by Inopiquez - 1/27/14 at 11:21am
Typically RSA amps have a switch to run inputs single ended OR balanced so that is probably the answer to your question.
Morning all - I've got a space problem on my unit and need to use a 128GB SD card to solve it. I know that someone else here has done the same and found a very compact ribbon cable to connect the larger card to the slot in the AK - I've searched and searched and I know it is here somewhere, but can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks for that very helpful reply ;) It did occur to me to try those things in advance of asking the question. As you'll see from the following reply, the prices are stupidly high and/or the cable length is too long to be useful in another case.
But here another version.
My fear with that one is the cable is too short - I want to tape it to the AK and then slide the leather case over it. Also, shipping time is really long - which would be OK if it weren't for the short cable concern.
Or is this one something anyone else has used with the AK, and I needn't worry on the cable length?
Where would we be without sarcasm? :-) .lol.
I think Goodvibes has done it.. the mod.... is in the photo section of this thread... seriously surprised at the cost that seller is selling them for, hope its not a price hike as people start realizing what they can be used for....odd that iRiver didn't have a hole cut for the SD card slot on the case, just noticed that.
Edited by Goldlion973 - 1/28/14 at 10:41am
Weird.... is actually the same seller on Aliexpress selling them for $25 with free shipping, charging $129 on ebay .lol. There are a few sellers on Aliexpress so you can avoid him .lol. Think he made a mistake and its supposed to be $29 on ebay.
**Edit last post, price hike is just him saw another price but it was for bulk purchase**
Edited by Goldlion973 - 1/28/14 at 10:42am
DX still has a good deal on them. I use two with mine...
As stated earlier the delivery time was very long to the US.
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 30 seconds ago
- › How do you like Beats now? 1 minute ago
- › SoundMAGIC HP100/HP150 Review and Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › HE-400i 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro VS Chord HUGO 2 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Unified X1,3,5,7 Theming thread (Video/image library) 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by xsuper
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2