- 4,366 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 9/30/14 at 3:00pm in Portable Source Gear
- $599 Lehmannaudio Traveller Last post on 8/25/14 at 3:23am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
Prior to owning the Ref 1, Tralucent Audio was primarily known to me for it Uber cable as well as its silver/gold cable. I own both cables terminated for Fitear customs. I have had the Ref 1...
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 347
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i noticed that people claim to be running their AK120 (non rwak) SE output to balanced RSA amps. I was told from Ray himself that this would cause the amp's circuits to short. has anybody had any troubles so far? i'm specifically asking for use with the RSA intruder.
(i think i saw the pics around page 267-268)
Edited by Inopiquez - 1/27/14 at 11:21am
Typically RSA amps have a switch to run inputs single ended OR balanced so that is probably the answer to your question.
Morning all - I've got a space problem on my unit and need to use a 128GB SD card to solve it. I know that someone else here has done the same and found a very compact ribbon cable to connect the larger card to the slot in the AK - I've searched and searched and I know it is here somewhere, but can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks for that very helpful reply ;) It did occur to me to try those things in advance of asking the question. As you'll see from the following reply, the prices are stupidly high and/or the cable length is too long to be useful in another case.
But here another version.
My fear with that one is the cable is too short - I want to tape it to the AK and then slide the leather case over it. Also, shipping time is really long - which would be OK if it weren't for the short cable concern.
Or is this one something anyone else has used with the AK, and I needn't worry on the cable length?
Where would we be without sarcasm? :-) .lol.
I think Goodvibes has done it.. the mod.... is in the photo section of this thread... seriously surprised at the cost that seller is selling them for, hope its not a price hike as people start realizing what they can be used for....odd that iRiver didn't have a hole cut for the SD card slot on the case, just noticed that.
Edited by Goldlion973 - 1/28/14 at 10:41am
Weird.... is actually the same seller on Aliexpress selling them for $25 with free shipping, charging $129 on ebay .lol. There are a few sellers on Aliexpress so you can avoid him .lol. Think he made a mistake and its supposed to be $29 on ebay.
**Edit last post, price hike is just him saw another price but it was for bulk purchase**
Edited by Goldlion973 - 1/28/14 at 10:42am
DX still has a good deal on them. I use two with mine...
As stated earlier the delivery time was very long to the US.
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › Whats a good move up from a asgard 2 55 seconds ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Starter with a 200Eur budget and a lot of doubts. Help me! 4 minutes ago
- › The best headphones that give you a real fun experience when... 4 minutes ago
- › Blacked out Denon AH-D2000 5 minutes ago
- › LFF's Enigma (new from the maker of the Paradox) 8 minutes ago
- › Looking for IEM headphones for workouts / traveling 8 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kiats
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)