Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK120
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 341

post #5101 of 6391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri87 View Post

I thought listrid v2.0 is for ak100? Do u mean it can be used for both Aks?

 

Works on both.

post #5102 of 6391
I have tried google but cannot come up with an explanation of what Listrid does? Is it a replacement for the stock firmware and if so what is the point of it, better sound? Also, does it allow DSD playback?
post #5103 of 6391

From my understanding, Listrid is a firmware developed by Russian developers, to enhance the original AK100 stock firmware, e.g. improve the UI response, support Russian language on the AK100 etc. It should be also supporting DSD playback, but I forgot which version (maybe v2.0 or later?).

post #5104 of 6391

Since Vinnie had bring this up, i just show here my thought of combination of RWAK120B + SR71-B into 1 chassis. My objective to make it pocketable and reasonable play time, the current RWAK120B play time is about 5-6 hour. It had 2 battery for AK120 and 1 battery for SR-71B which would give approximately 10-11 hour play time ( my guess ). I dropped idea to extend to use SD card which to save 4mm height. The overall height still thick about 32.5mm but still not final as i had yet to do a proper measurement of the board of AK120. What you guy though? remove 1 battery from AK120 to further reduce the thickness about 4mm? that would make it like 28.5mm. I will change to mini XLR connector for balance out, and maybe remove the balance and SE in connector on SR-71B since it had no use on it. It basically just look like thick version of AK120 with more connector on it. I hope i don't violate anything from this post.

 

 

post #5105 of 6391

nice! are you going to manufacture the case?

Just wondering, if I want to get my AK120 modded by RWA do I need to send it to RWA directly or is there an intermediary in Singapore than can assist in getting it modded.

 

BTW, I am from Singapore too.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by stvc View Post
 

Since Vinnie had bring this up, i just show here my thought of combination of RWAK120B + SR71-B into 1 chassis. My objective to make it pocketable and reasonable play time, the current RWAK120B play time is about 5-6 hour. It had 2 battery for AK120 and 1 battery for SR-71B which would give approximately 10-11 hour play time ( my guess ). I dropped idea to extend to use SD card which to save 4mm height. The overall height still thick about 32.5mm but still not final as i had yet to do a proper measurement of the board of AK120. What you guy though? remove 1 battery from AK120 to further reduce the thickness about 4mm? that would make it like 28.5mm. I will change to mini XLR connector for balance out, and maybe remove the balance and SE in connector on SR-71B since it had no use on it. It basically just look like thick version of AK120 with more connector on it. I hope i don't violate anything from this post.

 

 

post #5106 of 6391

What i did it got no link with RWA.. I just hope i can get some input to improve the design :P and i do this for my personal use. The case won't be cheap since it need CNC and some risk there as i had to naked the AK120 include the touch screen. Additional picture with mod the RSA connector to Mini XLR. 

 


Edited by stvc - 1/15/14 at 3:40am
post #5107 of 6391
I think 32.5 mm maybe a bit too thick unless you have "deep pocket". :-)
post #5108 of 6391
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

I think 32.5 mm maybe a bit too thick unless you have "deep pocket". :-)

I do agree just that i wish to have more battery life. The only way to reduce is to remove 1 battery from Ak120.  28mm should be a very good height. Still not decided yet.

post #5109 of 6391
I'm hoping to stick with Vinnie's 22-23mm smily_headphones1.gif
post #5110 of 6391
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvc View Post
 

I do agree just that i wish to have more battery life. The only way to reduce is to remove 1 battery from Ak120.  28mm should be a very good height. Still not decided yet.

 I thought 71B is around 8hr and 120B is around 6hr? Correct me if I am wrong

 

anyway, it is a pretty awesome idea. good luck with your project.

post #5111 of 6391
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

 
 I thought 71B is around 8hr and 120B is around 6hr? Correct me if I am wrong

anyway, it is a pretty awesome idea. good luck with your project.
71-B have more than 10 hour, yes 120B had 6 hour. lol overlooked, seem like 28 the thinnest.
Edited by stvc - 1/15/14 at 6:35am
post #5112 of 6391
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvc View Post
 

Since Vinnie had bring this up, i just show here my thought of combination of RWAK120B + SR71-B into 1 chassis. My objective to make it pocketable and reasonable play time, the current RWAK120B play time is about 5-6 hour. It had 2 battery for AK120 and 1 battery for SR-71B which would give approximately 10-11 hour play time ( my guess ). I dropped idea to extend to use SD card which to save 4mm height. The overall height still thick about 32.5mm but still not final as i had yet to do a proper measurement of the board of AK120. What you guy though? remove 1 battery from AK120 to further reduce the thickness about 4mm? that would make it like 28.5mm. I will change to mini XLR connector for balance out, and maybe remove the balance and SE in connector on SR-71B since it had no use on it. It basically just look like thick version of AK120 with more connector on it. I hope i don't violate anything from this post.

 

 

 

Hi stvc,

 

Nice work!  

 

I agree that it's a little too thick, but that is what you would expect when combining an RWAK120-B and SR71-B.

 

Ideally, if the thickness can be kept to 7/8" ( 22mm) that would be really great.

 

You wouldn't need the SE and BAL input jack, or the input selector.  But I would keep the SE and BAL headphone outputs, and perhaps

a SE line-out.  Definitely keep the L/M/H gain switches.  I like the knob on top by the headphone output jacks.

 

The battery life is the limiting thing, but 6 hours is not terrible (I'll probably get flamed for saying that! :redface:).  

 

I hope it all works out for you - keep us posted!

 

Vinnie

Reply
post #5113 of 6391
Vinnie, if I can get six hours I would be more than happy. Long battery life for me is not that essential. Usually I listen for a couple of hours in the morning whilst writing and then 2-3 hours in the evening. Anymore than that and to be honest its just background and I can listen to my iPad Air and internet radio if I want that.
Just to be clear as I am getting lost on this, are you thinking of the amp from the blackbird or are you thinking of making your own. I have heard your home amps and though I love the blackbird my vote would be a small Solid state version of one of your home amps circuits if that is possible (you must realize here my technical knowledge is a few degrees below that of a chimps! biggrin.gif )
post #5114 of 6391
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmedium View Post

Vinnie, if I can get six hours I would be more than happy. Long battery life for me is not that essential. Usually I listen for a couple of hours in the morning whilst writing and then 2-3 hours in the evening. Anymore than that and to be honest its just background and I can listen to my iPad Air and internet radio if I want that.
Just to be clear as I am getting lost on this, are you thinking of the amp from the blackbird or are you thinking of making your own. I have heard your home amps and though I love the blackbird my vote would be a small Solid state version of one of your home amps circuits if that is possible (you must realize here my technical knowledge is a few degrees below that of a chimps! biggrin.gif )

 

 

It would be my own design, but it would also need to sound better than the ones you are referring to - otherwise I wouldn't bother. 

Reply
post #5115 of 6391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie R. View Post


It would be my own design, but it would also need to sound better than the ones you are referring to - otherwise I wouldn't bother. 

Now that was the answer I was hoping for! OK, your the king of tubes, how is this, a slightly larger case even more with a tube stage in it smily_headphones1.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK120