Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK120
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 337

post #5041 of 6313
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbrach View Post
 

I bought the AK120 Titan and 2 micro cards and loaded my music onto the player...my first issue was that you have to load the music onto the player and the micro cards individually...my next issue was that when I went to artists on the main page I noticed that it was only showing the music I loaded directly onto the player not all of the music including the micro cards so I was forced to access my music from the folders themselves and the individual cards.In addition the UI is extremely sluggish,each time i tried to do any action i had to wait which drove me crazy.I did enjoy listening to my music on the player but in the end I returned it and decided to stick with my bulky Cowon X7..I am rather disappointed because I really wanted the extra space for my music

Just checking.....did you do a library scan when the cards with all your music loaded, was in the AK?

 

Compared to a iPod being a 10 the UI is a 8. I have not had the difficulties people have like yourself, but I do have some. When I do, I focus on how good it sounds.


Edited by Saraguie - 1/11/14 at 11:47am
post #5042 of 6313
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbrach View Post
 

I bought the AK120 Titan and 2 micro cards and loaded my music onto the player...my first issue was that you have to load the music onto the player and the micro cards individually...my next issue was that when I went to artists on the main page I noticed that it was only showing the music I loaded directly onto the player not all of the music including the micro cards so I was forced to access my music from the folders themselves and the individual cards.In addition the UI is extremely sluggish,each time i tried to do any action i had to wait which drove me crazy.I did enjoy listening to my music on the player but in the end I returned it and decided to stick with my bulky Cowon X7..I am rather disappointed because I really wanted the extra space for my music

 

Dude, you should have posted this BEFORE you returned your unit....WTF? Sorry to hear your problems now, BUT I am sure they were very fix-able. Anyway I'm here to help others who may have problems similar to yours.

 

Regarding "first issue": not sure why that's a problem? What were you expecting? From my experience, all memory devices (SD Cards, internal memory, etc.) must be loaded individually, one at a time, if done from one host computer.

 

Regarding "next issue": Did you perform a 'Library Scan' after you loaded the internal memory and the SD cards? It might take a little while to perform but once it's done, the next time you turn it on it boots up pretty quick and no re-scanning is performed or necessary. My 120 shows me all the Artists files on my (2) 64GB micro cards. Maybe you had a tagging issue with your files, but to be honest I don't do any tagging whatsoever, just Artist / Title folders with XX Song Name.flac files inside. No other tagging done and it works fine.

post #5043 of 6313

I do not know whether there is intelligent life in the universe but I do know that 128gb micro SD's exist.  h2testw is for windoze and I use a Mac.  I found a programme called sdspeed that measures the read/write speed of cards and in doing so writes a series of 1gb files.  It started at 10.38 this morning and finished at 20.56 and wrote 121 1gb files.  The write speed was 4.14 mb/s and the read speed was 17.15 mb/s.

 

This is the start

 

and this was the end.

 

 

If you look closely you will see that the programme deleted 121 files that were 1.07gb.

 

It took a day but at least I do have a 128gb micro card.

post #5044 of 6313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divory View Post

 

It took a day but at least I do have a 128gb micro card.

 

Congrats, now you know it's legit (at least for now). I wish your seller had more. Seems you got the only one listed.

post #5045 of 6313
I ditto burtomr. Even one would save some space of currently using 2 converters!!
post #5046 of 6313
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post

Congrats, now you know it's legit (at least for now). I wish your seller had more. Seems you got the only one listed.
Are in the USA? eBay.com has one seller I found who them.
post #5047 of 6313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

Are in the USA? eBay.com has one seller I found who them.

 

Yes, USA Gotta link?

post #5048 of 6313
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post

Yes, USA Gotta link?
I'm on my cell and it's not coming up. My search this morning on eBay was:
128gb class 10 micro sd card and I saw two listings. One even had the sd adaptor.

I bet you've tried coming up blank?
post #5049 of 6313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post


I'm on my cell and it's not coming up. My search this morning on eBay was:
128gb class 10 micro sd card and I saw two listings. One even had the sd adaptor.

I bet you've tried coming up blank?

 

Yup, searching: 128 gb MicroSD Card  

 

Nothing comes up other than 2 X 64gb Cards, etc.

post #5050 of 6313
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post

Yup, searching: 128 gb MicroSD Card  

Nothing comes up other than 2 X 64gb Cards, etc.
I probably am mistaken & was seeing 2x 64 sry. I remember even making a decision to wait for a name brand before buying.
post #5051 of 6313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

I remember even making a decision to wait for a name brand before buying.

 

Good idea. Non-name brand large capacity MicroSD's (especially eBay = Chinese) have a nasty habit of crapping out sooner than later.

 

Please do me a favor and let me know if you run across any OK? I will do the same.

post #5052 of 6313
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post
 

 

Good idea. Non-name brand large capacity MicroSD's (especially eBay = Chinese) have a nasty habit of crapping out sooner than later.

 

Please do me a favor and let me know if you run across any OK? I will do the same.

For sure  :beerchug:

post #5053 of 6313

actually I did several libray scans and first of all it stopped the scan after 10,000 and i have some 23,000 songs that i downloaded.....it didnt show the songs from the micro card in the artist or album and what it did show was incomplete...in addition the UI was very sluggish ....I have used tons of different DAPS with the very same music downloaded and I never have had any issues prior to the AK120...I wanted to keep it and use it but for this much money I couldnt live with the compromises despite the great sound

post #5054 of 6313

Hi guys

 

Can anyone who has the AK120 Titan and a Dock can take a picture of the AK120 Titan on its dock ?

I really wonder how it is. In term of aesthetic I prefer the AK120, but because of unscratchable surface and the memory update of the Titan, I am still hesitating.

 

Thank you !

post #5055 of 6313
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbrach View Post
 

actually I did several libray scans and first of all it stopped the scan after 10,000 and i have some 23,000 songs that i downloaded.....it didnt show the songs from the micro card in the artist or album and what it did show was incomplete...in addition the UI was very sluggish ....I have used tons of different DAPS with the very same music downloaded and I never have had any issues prior to the AK120...I wanted to keep it and use it but for this much money I couldnt live with the compromises despite the great sound

 

The problem about iRiver's firmware is that there is no room for errors in the metadata. Wipe ALL tags and you should find it a lot smoother.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK120