or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK120
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 336

post #5026 of 6936

The seller said Samsung but there is no evidence of the manufacturer on the card.  I was rather sceptical when it arrived and tested it on an old computer but it checked out.  System Information gives the full capacity and I can record and play back on it.  So far I have only put a few gb on it and I have had no problem on playback on hi res files/ 

post #5027 of 6936

I may only have contributed a couple of times before today, but that was only because I had nothing to say.  I had had a PC since September 1977 (it was the first Apple II in the UK) and I have used them ever since and I am in the technology world.  I assure you that I know the difference between a meg and a gig.

post #5028 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divory View Post

I may only have contributed a couple of times before today, but that was only because I had nothing to say.  I had had a PC since September 1977 (it was the first Apple II in the UK) and I have used them ever since and I am in the technology world.  I assure you that I know the difference between a meg and a gig.

With your experience you must understand our skepticism when no one company currently sells or advertises 128gb micro SD cards.

I myself use 128gb SD via converters and praying for the day of microsd release bigger capacity.

As can be seen from system information on player:

post #5029 of 6936

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171207280719?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

 

Finally here is the link to the auction.  Although the photo shows the capacity of the card it had been removed on the card I received. 

post #5030 of 6936

Well here is the system information from my AK120.  The 128gb card is in External 01.

 

I must confess that I relied on eBay refunding you if the goods were not as described.  I am as amazed as you are that these cards exist and that is why I wrote in.

 

 G

post #5031 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divory View Post
 

Well here is the system information from my AK120.  The 128gb card is in External 01.

 

I must confess that I relied on eBay refunding you if the goods were not as described.  I am as amazed as you are that these cards exist and that is why I wrote in.

 

 G


My eyes... Dude all these years with computer and all. How come you don't put the picture in correct way?

 

Wait a moment guys, I am gonna turn my laptop upside down.

post #5032 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divory View Post

Well here is the system information from my AK120.  The 128gb card is in External 01.

I must confess that I relied on eBay refunding you if the goods were not as described.  I am as amazed as you are that these cards exist and that is why I wrote in.

 G

Can you PM me the eBay seller as I would like to give them a go. Thanks.
post #5033 of 6936

Because it is getting late and I thought that sceptics shouldn't have it too easy.  

post #5034 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divory View Post
 

Because it is getting late and I thought that sceptics shouldn't have it too easy.  

Hehehehehe good one!

 

Would you also PM me or post the ebay listing or seller?

 

Aloha, Steve

post #5035 of 6936

I have sent you a PM

post #5036 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 


My eyes... Dude all these years with computer and all. How come you don't put the picture in correct way?

 

Wait a moment guys, I am gonna turn my laptop upside down.

Don't do it!  The bits will fall out!!!

post #5037 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonsecaj View Post
 

Don't do it!  The bits will fall out!!!


lol :happy_face1: Ok I am gonna stop, no need to derail the thread.

post #5038 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divory View Post
 

Well here is the system information from my AK120.  The 128gb card is in External 01.

 

I must confess that I relied on eBay refunding you if the goods were not as described.  I am as amazed as you are that these cards exist and that is why I wrote in.

 

 G

Sometimes they could be fake. Counterfeiters reprogram the cards to show whatever they want them to show. The only way to find out is to fill the card with a program like h2testw and see if all the files hold.


Edited by Imod - 1/10/14 at 3:42pm
post #5039 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imod View Post

 

The only way to find out is to fill the card with a program like h2testw and see if all the files hold.

 

Here:  H2testw 1.4 (link)

post #5040 of 6936

I bought the AK120 Titan and 2 micro cards and loaded my music onto the player...my first issue was that you have to load the music onto the player and the micro cards individually...my next issue was that when I went to artists on the main page I noticed that it was only showing the music I loaded directly onto the player not all of the music including the micro cards so I was forced to access my music from the folders themselves and the individual cards.In addition the UI is extremely sluggish,each time i tried to do any action i had to wait which drove me crazy.I did enjoy listening to my music on the player but in the end I returned it and decided to stick with my bulky Cowon X7..I am rather disappointed because I really wanted the extra space for my music

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK120