or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK120
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 325

post #4861 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrys30 View Post

I am having strange problems with the microsd to sd converters with 1.37. After every song finished (via playlist) it drops both cards. Have to eject and put in again and then fine. Play another song them same again. But if I forward to next song just before current song finished it is fine....will play many songs.

The converters have always been a bit flaky under 1.32. Every now and again it would not recognize them but not every song.

I still have to pause song and play again if use ffwd to hear sound.

But my back and forward buttons work fine to navigate songs.

Will try 1.32 over holidays to see if problems persist.

 

Let mine run to empty once, think the issues I'm having with the device might have started there also.

 

Am trying a hard reset now.

post #4862 of 6936

This sucks... can't use the device like this, every file added ends up in the same unrecognized album with names but no artwork no matter what I do, the artwork is 500x500, retagged everything, tried diffrerent firmware etc. Nothing. Have written to iRiver about it and the skip back issue and directed them to this site even though they keep tabs on it anyway, probably have spies amongst us. Bit annoyed at the moment, if I have to send this thing back I'd want a Titan version in return as compensation... either that or they should issue HiFiMan 901's to apologize .lol.

 

Redownloading 1.37 does nothing either.

 

Won't do it but am wondering if formatting the drive would kill any bugs.

post #4863 of 6936

I was thinking of taking the plunge on the 120, but after reading this thread about all the problems, for the price one pays for this, it should be flawless ... no go for me!

post #4864 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoog5600 View Post

I was thinking of taking the plunge on the 120, but after reading this thread about all the problems, for the price one pays for this, it should be flawless ... no go for me!

Mine has been modded to rwak120-b. So could be some way part of my problems as not stock. I wouldn't want to put anyone off as it really is a nice player. And I do miss the stock days sometimes as was ultra portable....still ok but have to carry amp also.
post #4865 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri87 View Post

hi danpong, you are using this volume in public places or in a quiet environment like in your own room? I'm using ortofon tips as well, and 37.7-40 is the level im using in public areas..

ive not tried comply foam yet as i thought it usually will "suck in" the treble?

I usually use in my home but TV was also on. With loud noise. I also use in public area while using a city train. I think it might be due to type of music we listen to. I think you should be ok at your volume level as long as you don't feel disoriented after listen to some song that has a lot of dynamic where the sound is moving allover the place.

As for comply foam, yes it did suck some treble comparing to ortofon. However, I use small size so I push in as deep as it can. So the treble loss is really minimal.
Edited by danpong - 12/24/13 at 11:18pm
post #4866 of 6936

The perfect amp for me for AK120 would be one with near 0 impedance, as thin as possible, zero backround noise, good battery life and in width and length almost the same as AK120. --> perfect rig :)

post #4867 of 6936

is there any size comparison for AK10 0and AK120. This post is too long to read on, Wondering anyone have both and post a picture of side by side comparison.

post #4868 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaco View Post

The perfect amp for me for AK120 would be one with near 0 impedance, as thin as possible, zero backround noise, good battery life and in width and length almost the same as AK120. --> perfect rig smily_headphones1.gif
SR-71b
post #4869 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri87 View Post

Guys, just wanna know whether my listening volume is at an acceptable level.. Those who are using Fitear togo 334 with ak120, what is your average listenin5g volume? Mine fluctuates between 37.5 and 40

I'm using ortofon as well & usually listen at 30-35
post #4870 of 6936
Happy Christmas AK120 owners.
post #4871 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpong View Post

I usually use in my home but TV was also on. With loud noise. I also use in public area while using a city train. I think it might be due to type of music we listen to. I think you should be ok at your volume level as long as you don't feel disoriented after listen to some song that has a lot of dynamic where the sound is moving allover the place.

As for comply foam, yes it did suck some treble comparing to ortofon. However, I use small size so I push in as deep as it can. So the treble is really minimal.

I just upgraded to my fitear from sm64..and I agree with quite some of the people here that it can be better if togo 334 treble can extend a bit more as I really miss my sm64 treble sometimes.. So if comply really does suck treble, it's a no go for me frown.gif
Edited by Capri87 - 12/24/13 at 10:42pm
post #4872 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar777 View Post

I'm using ortofon as well & usually listen at 30-35
post #4873 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar777 View Post

I'm using ortofon as well & usually listen at 30-35
post #4874 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrys30 View Post

Happy Christmas AK120 owners.

Merry Xmas to you too smily_headphones1.gif
post #4875 of 6936
Merry Christmas everyone smily_headphones1.gif

Capri, i'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong w/ ur ears. Everyone has different preferences. Sometimes i'd go as loud as 45..

For long listening session, i never go too loud though.. just to be safe
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK120