or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK120
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 323

post #4831 of 6936

Actual someone was mentioned on the earlier page. I not sure for stock, but valid for my RWAK120-B. SE had none of the issue for  forward, back forward or drag the track all work fine for 1.37. For Balance out, FW 1.32 having back forward issue and no sound when drag the track. Update to 1.37 only remain issue when drag the track, like what mentioned above pause and play it again sound come back. I'm using balance out with SR-71B i don't know if only happen to RSA amp or affect the rest as well.

post #4832 of 6936
Quote:
The issue is not <strong>&lt;&lt;</strong> and <strong>&gt;&gt;</strong> on the same track. The issue is will <strong>&lt;</strong> to go back <u>one</u> track from the current playing (or paused track). Example: Playing Track 5, want to go back to Track 4. Mine will not do this unless I hit pause first, then the <strong>&lt;</strong></p><p> </p><p>I don't think it has anything to do with FW1.37 vs 1.32 but that's where you come in....does 1.32 skip back a track or it just a fruckup with all FW's???

 

Yeah... I know of the tack skipping problem on 1.37 flagged it up further back. I am having trouble with loading albums to 1.37 so I reverted to 1.32 to see if the skip track problem in 1.37 is still there and if it might fix the problem with the files. 1.32 is fine for << skipping a track, still having problems with files. There was another problem with rewinding on 1.32 that stvc and others highlighted which is what I was talking about back there, similar but its not the same issue as 1.37. I can't reproduce the problem others have had with 1.32 and the rewind function.

Bit baffled by this album problem. Was fine before.

 

Sorry, editing went wrong.


Edited by Goldlion973 - 12/23/13 at 7:45am
post #4833 of 6936

I have just tested mine, firmware 1.37, both buttons Forward and Previous work fine, no need to pause or anything.

post #4834 of 6936

The problem for me was intermittent... it would not happen all of the time.

 

Shouldn't be the amp stvc... it only plays what it is given, have you tried replicating the problem with another amp or through a system? Sounds like iRiver has software issues with playback in general.

post #4835 of 6936

Ok guys':

 

The TestSwitched between FW 1.32 and 1.37 and back again w/ same exact files & setup, etc. to test (only) Track changing ability and speed....

 

Results:

 

FW 1.32 works well responds immediately to screen and buttons. Track changes go backward and forward with equal speed and ability. :D

 

FW 1.37 noticeably slower to respond to screen and buttons...sometimes no action at all....Track changes forward OK (but slower than 1.32), but does not change backwards without antics like pausing first. Total experience of FW 1.37 is noticeably sluggish and frustrating when navigating through tracks. :(

 

Conclusion: I am sticking  with FW 1.32 because something is very wrong with FW 1.37. ;)

 

Comment: iRiver needs to fix their flipping FW to get better instead of the usual "fix one thing, but break another" pattern so far. :mad: 

post #4836 of 6936

Yeh, thinking about it 1.37 was sluggish with the controls.

 

Did you notice any change in sound quality?

post #4837 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post
 

Ok guys':

 

The TestSwitched between FW 1.32 and 1.37 and back again w/ same exact files & setup, etc. to test (only) Track changing ability and speed....

 

Results:

 

FW 1.32 works well responds immediately to screen and buttons. Track changes go backward and forward with equal speed and ability. :D

 

FW 1.37 noticeably slower to respond to screen and buttons...sometimes no action at all....Track changes forward OK (but slower than 1.32), but does not change backwards without antics like pausing first. Total experience of FW 1.37 is noticeably sluggish and frustrating when navigating through tracks. :(

 

Conclusion: I am sticking  with FW 1.32 because something is very wrong with FW 1.37. ;)

 

Comment: iRiver needs to fix their flipping FW to get better instead of the usual "fix one thing, but break another" pattern so far. :mad: 

 

Where did you download your 1.37? I have never experienced the issues you mentioned

post #4838 of 6936

Hmm I thought 1.37 was a bit more responsive than 1.32 in terms of overall UI though. Not a whole lot but it was smoother overall and slightly faster. I didn't stick with it long enough to find all the faults though.

post #4839 of 6936
No. 1.32 are smoother. I notice that immediately after the upgrade.
post #4840 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightwalker View Post

 

Where did you download your 1.37? I have never experienced the issues you mentioned

 

Directly from iriver: http://www.iriver.com/support/download_view.asp?dNum=1086

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldlion973 View Post
 

Yeh, thinking about it 1.37 was sluggish with the controls.

 

Did you notice any change in sound quality?

 

 

That's Lee's department....I'm sure he will advise you..:D


Edited by burtomr - 12/23/13 at 9:39am
post #4841 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post
 

 

Directly from iriver: http://www.iriver.com/support/download_view.asp?dNum=1086

 

 

That's Lee's department....I'm sure he will advise you..:D

 

lol I already did. That was posted not too long ago :P.

post #4842 of 6936

I will keep 1.37!

Sounds better to my ears. Despite of having the issue with track backward, the best firmware in terms of sound quality imho.

post #4843 of 6936

lol all these inconsistencies between units....

post #4844 of 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post
 

Directly from iriver: http://www.iriver.com/support/download_view.asp?dNum=1086

 

Same on mine but never have a problem as described.

post #4845 of 6936

There is a solution (sort of): If you hit the 'stack-of-pancakes' icon it displays the files of the folder you are in and you can just press the track you really wanted vs. using the < and > buttons.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK120