- 4,505 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 11/26/14 at 11:07am in Portable Source Gear
- Headphones for Astell & Kern AK120 Last post on 11/17/14 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/28/14
Shure SRH840, are a value filled set of extraordinary headphones, worth every single coin you spend on it. The bass register is perfect for any genre of song you play through you...
I got the Sennheiser HD-598 based on all the existing rave reviews. It's amazingly comfortable. That's all the good I can say about it. I just hate the sound. Okay, I am no "audiophile". I am...
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 316
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just sold my 3rd ANV and will stick with the AK120-S mod and Rocoo BA for portability purposes. In terms of audio quality I don't see much of anything touching the S mod for quite some time :). Of course I wouldn't mind being wrong as I always like to push the envelope, but I doubt it :P.
Edited by lee730 - 12/11/13 at 7:10am
Yeah, same for me, with 64 on board and two 32G cards and the player being so easy to load and delete music I have no need for massive memory. Likewise the Ti case, mine is never out of the leather case so I never see it!
I do think I will get a black case soon though. I rather like it all black!
Yes...and keep in mind that 64G mini SD cards will be here before we know it.
Yes, the more you 'work' the precessor like w/DSD, the shorter the play time. Straight WAV is probably the most efficient since it requires no processing.
I just sold my 3rd ANV and will stick with the AK120-S mod and Rocoo BA for portability purposes. In terms of audio quality I don't see much of anything touching the S mod for quite some time . Of course I wouldn't mind being wrong as I always like to push the envelope, but I doubt it :P.
If your in the UK you will probably be able to get the issue now.Here in Canada I will have to wait till February to read it!
I don't see why not? I agree with your reasoning in not trusting these people. Hell I don't either. That goes for pretty much all reviewers (ones not paying out of pocket). There's just too much chances for bias, especially due to incentives. But I feel even if the gear is expensive if it is indeed good and worthy of its praise, then why not?
Perhaps I am a little to cynical when it comes to reading reviews from sources who also make a living by reviewing products from their site sponsors but honestly I do not really understand when high end gears get praising. In my view if someone is buying something that cost much more than the main stream gears they should not be all that superized on why it sounds this good. To me the real magic is when cheaper gears sound as good as their high end counter parts, that is when praising is a must as it shows the hard work of a good engineer who is able to produce the best sound that can rivals gears costing multitude more than its self (eg. sansa clip+ vs apple).
I enjoy my AK120 alot and I use it more than any other thing I own but it is simply not the first thing I recommend to people around me simply because I get starnge looks when I tell them how much I got it for (ignoring its actual retail price).
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › FS: Acid Purple custom Silver Stranded cable for HD650/HD600 5 seconds ago
- › HEADPHONES FOR DUBSTEP 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Status Audio HD Ones 3 minutes ago
- › Is Sennheiser HD598 worth keeping? Or should I return it to Amazon... 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WDS-1 5 minutes ago
- › New Sennheiser 598 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)