- 4,924 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern, what's the best/great IEM to use? Last post on 4/25/15 at 10:19am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 316
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just sold my 3rd ANV and will stick with the AK120-S mod and Rocoo BA for portability purposes. In terms of audio quality I don't see much of anything touching the S mod for quite some time :). Of course I wouldn't mind being wrong as I always like to push the envelope, but I doubt it :P.
Edited by lee730 - 12/11/13 at 7:10am
Yeah, same for me, with 64 on board and two 32G cards and the player being so easy to load and delete music I have no need for massive memory. Likewise the Ti case, mine is never out of the leather case so I never see it!
I do think I will get a black case soon though. I rather like it all black!
Yes...and keep in mind that 64G mini SD cards will be here before we know it.
Yes, the more you 'work' the precessor like w/DSD, the shorter the play time. Straight WAV is probably the most efficient since it requires no processing.
I just sold my 3rd ANV and will stick with the AK120-S mod and Rocoo BA for portability purposes. In terms of audio quality I don't see much of anything touching the S mod for quite some time . Of course I wouldn't mind being wrong as I always like to push the envelope, but I doubt it :P.
If your in the UK you will probably be able to get the issue now.Here in Canada I will have to wait till February to read it!
I don't see why not? I agree with your reasoning in not trusting these people. Hell I don't either. That goes for pretty much all reviewers (ones not paying out of pocket). There's just too much chances for bias, especially due to incentives. But I feel even if the gear is expensive if it is indeed good and worthy of its praise, then why not?
Perhaps I am a little to cynical when it comes to reading reviews from sources who also make a living by reviewing products from their site sponsors but honestly I do not really understand when high end gears get praising. In my view if someone is buying something that cost much more than the main stream gears they should not be all that superized on why it sounds this good. To me the real magic is when cheaper gears sound as good as their high end counter parts, that is when praising is a must as it shows the hard work of a good engineer who is able to produce the best sound that can rivals gears costing multitude more than its self (eg. sansa clip+ vs apple).
I enjoy my AK120 alot and I use it more than any other thing I own but it is simply not the first thing I recommend to people around me simply because I get starnge looks when I tell them how much I got it for (ignoring its actual retail price).
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › "The Lab" 5 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 11 seconds ago
- › Review: RIVA Turbo X High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth... 21 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Sony MDR-V6 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 5 minutes ago
- › Bluetooth transmitter Class 1 with apt-x 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2