- 5,532 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 6/26/15 at 6:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 4:00 am in Portable Source Gear
- Lotoo PAW 5000 Review by mark2410 Last post on 8/20/15 at 9:06am in Portable Source Gear
- Lotoo PAW 5000 now available from Hifiheadphones.co.uk Last post on 10/6/15 at 7:28am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions And Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 8:11 pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My first introduction to Bluetooth earphones came with the Brainwavz Blu-100, and whilst...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 316
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just sold my 3rd ANV and will stick with the AK120-S mod and Rocoo BA for portability purposes. In terms of audio quality I don't see much of anything touching the S mod for quite some time :). Of course I wouldn't mind being wrong as I always like to push the envelope, but I doubt it :P.
Edited by lee730 - 12/11/13 at 7:10am
Yeah, same for me, with 64 on board and two 32G cards and the player being so easy to load and delete music I have no need for massive memory. Likewise the Ti case, mine is never out of the leather case so I never see it!
I do think I will get a black case soon though. I rather like it all black!
Yes...and keep in mind that 64G mini SD cards will be here before we know it.
Yes, the more you 'work' the precessor like w/DSD, the shorter the play time. Straight WAV is probably the most efficient since it requires no processing.
I just sold my 3rd ANV and will stick with the AK120-S mod and Rocoo BA for portability purposes. In terms of audio quality I don't see much of anything touching the S mod for quite some time . Of course I wouldn't mind being wrong as I always like to push the envelope, but I doubt it :P.
If your in the UK you will probably be able to get the issue now.Here in Canada I will have to wait till February to read it!
I don't see why not? I agree with your reasoning in not trusting these people. Hell I don't either. That goes for pretty much all reviewers (ones not paying out of pocket). There's just too much chances for bias, especially due to incentives. But I feel even if the gear is expensive if it is indeed good and worthy of its praise, then why not?
Perhaps I am a little to cynical when it comes to reading reviews from sources who also make a living by reviewing products from their site sponsors but honestly I do not really understand when high end gears get praising. In my view if someone is buying something that cost much more than the main stream gears they should not be all that superized on why it sounds this good. To me the real magic is when cheaper gears sound as good as their high end counter parts, that is when praising is a must as it shows the hard work of a good engineer who is able to produce the best sound that can rivals gears costing multitude more than its self (eg. sansa clip+ vs apple).
I enjoy my AK120 alot and I use it more than any other thing I own but it is simply not the first thing I recommend to people around me simply because I get starnge looks when I tell them how much I got it for (ignoring its actual retail price).
- The Astell & Kern AK120
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 생방송토토o x 6 0 0，C 0M생방송토토 yisvn 10 seconds ago
- › 실전카지노 OX７00．ＣＯＭ 실전카지노 wk0 10 seconds ago
- › 홀덤사이트 》》》ox600。ＣＯＭ》》》 인터넷홀덤 nmjcva 12 seconds ago
- › 홀덤게임 》》》ox600。ＣＯＭ》》》 바카라주소 etajer 22 seconds ago
- › 바카라방법 OX７00．ＣＯＭ 바카라방법 jl5 25 seconds ago
- › 인터넷포커♥━-Sx797。COM ♥━실시간토토 ehhxva93 32 seconds ago
- › 인터넷홀덤 》》》ox600。ＣＯＭ》》》 와와카지노 obqpir 32 seconds ago
- › 홀덤사이트o x 6 0 0，C 0M홀덤사이트 sufkq 42 seconds ago
- › 라이브포커♥━-Sx797。COM ♥━모바일카지노 xcfcnr15 56 seconds ago
- › 라이브홀덤 》》》ox600。ＣＯＭ》》》 윈스카지노 onlcac 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2