Hmmmm.... FLAC doesn't go as far as 32Bit, just thought of that.... have recorded my vinyl in both 32bit WAV and FLAC anyway but is there a lossless format similar to FLAC that can deal with 32bit 192K, or is there a way FLAC can be engineered to work with higher sample rates?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 6/26/15 at 6:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 4:11 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Lotoo PAW 5000 Review by mark2410 Last post on 8/20/15 at 9:06am in Portable Source Gear
- Lotoo PAW 5000 now on Pre-Order From Hifiheadphones.co.uk Last post on 7/20/15 at 6:26am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping Now (in China) Last post on 8/26/15 at 7:34am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 305
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You're listening to mp3 files on your $1200 DAP???
Yours must be defective, mine refuses to load them into memory!
You should try ! On some music , I doubt you can hear difference between mp3 320 and Flac.......
But don't worry, I use 1/3 of space for mp3 and the last with Flac.....
May be iRiver needs to learn from Tera-player which supports only WAV
I got the Astell & Kern AK120.
I've several IEMs, old and new (E3c Shure, Etymotic ER-6i, Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 Pro, Philips Fidelio S2) and I also have the Grado SR80 and AKG K701.
But I would like a new IEM that I can do to better appreciate the quality of the player.
I am particularly interested in the definition of the sound and the spatiality of the scene. What do you recommend with a price within $ 500? Westone 4R? Etymotic ER-4PT? Shure SE535? Or the new Sony XBA-H3? Other universal models easily purchased in Europe?
Thank you for your help.
Flat 4 Sui.
The tera is a good player though Gintaras although I don't think I'll buy one. I've had a unit on loan for months now and I can tell you I've only used it for 4 hours or so during that time. I simply like the AK120 that much more. But when using it on the SE5 I can definitely see the appeal. That pairing made me have second thoughts about it. But I figure take it to the next level and get the S mod :).
- The Astell & Kern AK120
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 2 minutes ago
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Full size headphones below $150 to replace Philips SHP8900 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 4 minutes ago
- › Can anyone recommend me a custom cable for my k10? 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 8 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 9 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 9 minutes ago
- › How to hook a Schiit amplifer to my Creative ZxR sound card? 10 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2