Hmmmm.... FLAC doesn't go as far as 32Bit, just thought of that.... have recorded my vinyl in both 32bit WAV and FLAC anyway but is there a lossless format similar to FLAC that can deal with 32bit 192K, or is there a way FLAC can be engineered to work with higher sample rates?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 8/24/14 at 2:26am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 II and AK120 II UK Pre Order Available Now Last post on 7/9/14 at 11:27am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 305
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You're listening to mp3 files on your $1200 DAP???
Yours must be defective, mine refuses to load them into memory!
You should try ! On some music , I doubt you can hear difference between mp3 320 and Flac.......
But don't worry, I use 1/3 of space for mp3 and the last with Flac.....
May be iRiver needs to learn from Tera-player which supports only WAV
I got the Astell & Kern AK120.
I've several IEMs, old and new (E3c Shure, Etymotic ER-6i, Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 Pro, Philips Fidelio S2) and I also have the Grado SR80 and AKG K701.
But I would like a new IEM that I can do to better appreciate the quality of the player.
I am particularly interested in the definition of the sound and the spatiality of the scene. What do you recommend with a price within $ 500? Westone 4R? Etymotic ER-4PT? Shure SE535? Or the new Sony XBA-H3? Other universal models easily purchased in Europe?
Thank you for your help.
Flat 4 Sui.
The tera is a good player though Gintaras although I don't think I'll buy one. I've had a unit on loan for months now and I can tell you I've only used it for 4 hours or so during that time. I simply like the AK120 that much more. But when using it on the SE5 I can definitely see the appeal. That pairing made me have second thoughts about it. But I figure take it to the next level and get the S mod :).
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › USB vs Optical Dac 1 minute ago
- › Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA 1 minute ago
- › Shure se846 vs. JH16/13 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Matrix Mini-i Pro Impressions? 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12 6 minutes ago
- › Gun-Fi 8 minutes ago
- › Headphone for fitting my prototype earpad using silk as both inner... 11 minutes ago
- › Interest Check / Trading Down: SE846 + Silver Litz Cable 12 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)