Hmmmm.... FLAC doesn't go as far as 32Bit, just thought of that.... have recorded my vinyl in both 32bit WAV and FLAC anyway but is there a lossless format similar to FLAC that can deal with 32bit 192K, or is there a way FLAC can be engineered to work with higher sample rates?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 6/26/15 at 6:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AKT5P Last post on 5/20/15 at 10:17am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
These were my first pair of cans that I consider my baptism of audiophile stuff. I used them with Fiio E10 as dac and Schiit Asgard as amp. Yes, they sounded good, but not as good as my...
The joys of reviewing a favorite product have eluded yours truly, until the T20 from RHA (Reid & Heath Acoustics) came along, supplied for review by my good friends at Headphone Zone...
A few years back, my family and I underwent a rather large home renovation (including not having a kitchen for 10 weeks; suffice it to say I was sick of take-out food after the summer of 2014). As...
INTRO I purchased these headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and also I wanted to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to headphones...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 305
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You're listening to mp3 files on your $1200 DAP???
Yours must be defective, mine refuses to load them into memory!
You should try ! On some music , I doubt you can hear difference between mp3 320 and Flac.......
But don't worry, I use 1/3 of space for mp3 and the last with Flac.....
May be iRiver needs to learn from Tera-player which supports only WAV
I got the Astell & Kern AK120.
I've several IEMs, old and new (E3c Shure, Etymotic ER-6i, Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 Pro, Philips Fidelio S2) and I also have the Grado SR80 and AKG K701.
But I would like a new IEM that I can do to better appreciate the quality of the player.
I am particularly interested in the definition of the sound and the spatiality of the scene. What do you recommend with a price within $ 500? Westone 4R? Etymotic ER-4PT? Shure SE535? Or the new Sony XBA-H3? Other universal models easily purchased in Europe?
Thank you for your help.
Flat 4 Sui.
The tera is a good player though Gintaras although I don't think I'll buy one. I've had a unit on loan for months now and I can tell you I've only used it for 4 hours or so during that time. I simply like the AK120 that much more. But when using it on the SE5 I can definitely see the appeal. That pairing made me have second thoughts about it. But I figure take it to the next level and get the S mod :).
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › KS Projects X5 modified 20 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 44 seconds ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 1 minute ago
- › Upgrading to good speakers. Please help newbie to understand a... 2 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Accidentally took my SE215s through a week of hillwalking in... 6 minutes ago
- › Naps feel great 7 minutes ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 7 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3