Hmmmm.... FLAC doesn't go as far as 32Bit, just thought of that.... have recorded my vinyl in both 32bit WAV and FLAC anyway but is there a lossless format similar to FLAC that can deal with 32bit 192K, or is there a way FLAC can be engineered to work with higher sample rates?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 6/26/15 at 6:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AKT5P Last post on 5/20/15 at 10:17am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Audiosense is a new headphone brand in China which surprisingly produces many qualities headphones. The model V2mix4 comes from 4 drivers which are the combination of dynamic drivers and balanced...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
I made a video review of the dt770 80ohm quite sometime ago and was finally finished it. I got them on sale at Guitar Center for $179.99 , the deal was better than anywhere on the web so I...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 305
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You're listening to mp3 files on your $1200 DAP???
Yours must be defective, mine refuses to load them into memory!
You should try ! On some music , I doubt you can hear difference between mp3 320 and Flac.......
But don't worry, I use 1/3 of space for mp3 and the last with Flac.....
May be iRiver needs to learn from Tera-player which supports only WAV
I got the Astell & Kern AK120.
I've several IEMs, old and new (E3c Shure, Etymotic ER-6i, Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 Pro, Philips Fidelio S2) and I also have the Grado SR80 and AKG K701.
But I would like a new IEM that I can do to better appreciate the quality of the player.
I am particularly interested in the definition of the sound and the spatiality of the scene. What do you recommend with a price within $ 500? Westone 4R? Etymotic ER-4PT? Shure SE535? Or the new Sony XBA-H3? Other universal models easily purchased in Europe?
Thank you for your help.
Flat 4 Sui.
The tera is a good player though Gintaras although I don't think I'll buy one. I've had a unit on loan for months now and I can tell you I've only used it for 4 hours or so during that time. I simply like the AK120 that much more. But when using it on the SE5 I can definitely see the appeal. That pairing made me have second thoughts about it. But I figure take it to the next level and get the S mod :).
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 48 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 7 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by speedsters
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)