Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK120
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 290

post #4336 of 6309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldlion973 View Post
 

Sorry, missed the other replies... USB variants are backwards compatible it shouldn't matter what USB device you use with any USB port.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post
 

Is not true with my MBP Retina. Facing the computer, the left UEB port did not work and the right did.

Also try to use the cable that came with your AK. When trying to transfer songs directly to the AK, the Kindle USB cord would charge my unit, however the drives wold not be recognized with it.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiyono View Post

My old MacBook Pro works. I guess you guys are right about the usb2.0. Hope they have a fix for it soon.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldlion973 View Post
 

Can it be isolated as a Mac problem?

 

There is a real difference between the two USB ports. On my MAC (try yours too) go to the Apple logo upper left, click: About This MAC> More Info> System Report>USB........ One is Hi-Speed Bus and the other is SuperSpeed Bus........and get ready for it.................both are USB 3.0.

 

My right side is what I have been using to connect the Mojo since day one because of positioning. Last week when I tried the the AK for the first time as a USB DAC it was with the left and I could not get it to work no matter what I did. Then, the lightbulb went off, switched to the right port and Violà worked perfect.

post #4337 of 6309

.. then it wasn't a USB 3.0 problem, Apple has something strange going on with their highspeed port the AK didn't like.... others have reported the same problem with 3.0 though, unless they're using the same port as you. I don't have a Mac, for the reasons mentioned :p My windows USB 3.0 PCI slot worked fine last night.... am looking for a holder so I can carry on using it as a USB DAC for my PC.

post #4338 of 6309

Hey Steve so how are things with you? Are we ever gonna do a music-session again? :P. I'm just about to pull the trigger on the S-mod for my AK120. Waiting on Vinnie's reply :).

post #4339 of 6309
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

Hey Steve so how are things with you? Are we ever gonna do a music-session again? :P. I'm just about to pull the trigger on the S-mod for my AK120. Waiting on Vinnie's reply :).


Why not balanced?

post #4340 of 6309
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 


Why not balanced?


I know the question is not addressed to me but maybe I can answer it. You are talking at least $400 for balanced.

 

$100 for the mod

$100 for the cable

$200 extra for a balanced amp.

post #4341 of 6309
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

Hey Steve so how are things with you? Are we ever gonna do a music-session again? :P. I'm just about to pull the trigger on the S-mod for my AK120. Waiting on Vinnie's reply smily_headphones1.gif.
Hey Lee howzit? I'm good, super busy at work and play. Got back from China last month. Went to Jaben Hong Kong, it was like being in Baldwin sweet shop! Got to demo a FitEar 435 and a Colorfly. Really sweet.

I've pretty much stopped using the Miracles on airplanes and just use the 334s. At this time I'm done with customs. Too much hassle all the way around. I tried to buy the 435s as the demo is a universal. No dice frown.gif

Let's plan for around Xmas time to get together?
post #4342 of 6309
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 


Why not balanced?


Because there are better amps than the balanced amps available. So why not shoot for the better amps and go single ended? Also the sound quality coming out of the single ended termination that Vinnie adds to the S mod sounds better than the single ended termination from the HO from what I was told. So I'd be downgrading pretty much the single ended termination vs the balanced in that regards. In that case I'd rather just have single ended termination and use/buy better amps than the RSA and ALO. :)


Edited by lee730 - 11/17/13 at 4:59pm
post #4343 of 6309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post


Hey Lee howzit? I'm good, super busy at work and play. Got back from China last month. Went to Jaben Hong Kong, it was like being in Baldwin sweet shop! Got to demo a FitEar 435 and a Colorfly. Really sweet.

I've pretty much stopped using the Miracles on airplanes and just use the 334s. At this time I'm done with customs. Too much hassle all the way around. I tried to buy the 435s as the demo is a universal. No dice frown.gif

Let's plan for around Xmas time to get together?

 

Sounds cool. Would most likely have to be on a weekend though as I'm swamped Monday to Friday. Sometimes I also work on weekends repairing Vizio TVs :P.

post #4344 of 6309
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Because there are better amps than the balanced amps available. So why not shoot for the better amps and go single ended? Also the sound quality coming out of the single ended termination that Vinnie adds to the S mod sounds better than the single ended termination from the HO from what I was told. So I'd be downgrading pretty much the single ended termination vs the balanced in that regards. In that case I'd rather just have single ended termination and use/buy better amps than the RSA and ALO. smily_headphones1.gif

Share your setup? Which amp you are using?
post #4345 of 6309

Triad L3 with Firestone PSU. I'm very interested in that ASP TU-05 amp as well. Will get that later down the line.

post #4346 of 6309
Oh.. Your refer to non portable setup.
post #4347 of 6309
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

Triad L3 with Firestone PSU. I'm very interested in that ASP TU-05 amp as well. Will get that later down the line.

lol, it's in different leagues, those balanced amp we saying are considered portable, those u mentioned is transportable, that's the difference

post #4348 of 6309

Lee, I wish you success man but those amps are transportable, I was thinking maybe you would stay in the "portable" section :happy_face1: Good luck then my friend ;)

post #4349 of 6309

so i sent my ak120 to us for b mod, can't wait for it to come back to me, still a long wait before got everything, got sr-71b today, need to wait moon audio to send me silver dragon cable with alo male connector terminated and my jh16 which i think will only arrive mid of dec, how much i wish the time pass faster  :tongue_smile:

post #4350 of 6309
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlee181 View Post

so i sent my ak120 to us for b mod, can't wait for it to come back to me, still a long wait before got everything, got sr-71b today, need to wait moon audio to send me silver dragon cable with alo male connector terminated and my jh16 which i think will only arrive mid of dec, how much i wish the time pass faster  tongue_smile.gif
Same here. Only the amp is with me now waiting the player, interlink and my Roxanne!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK120