Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK120
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 283

post #4231 of 6313

I'm still waiting for a true gapless on mp3 files.........not cut the end of the song

post #4232 of 6313
Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonljj View Post
 

Hey guys just out of curiosity with gapless playback for the first song being played is there this problem that the player kinds of clips of like a millisecond of the start ??

 

Confirmed. I have that infrequently, seems random, and rarely happens twice in a row on the same track. Weird issue. FW is 1.32, gapless is on.

post #4233 of 6313

have you seen this $999 DAP (DSD; 192 Gb, OLED 5" screen...) ?  

 

--> A&K better react soon with a new top-of-the-line DAP !!

 

 

 

post #4234 of 6313
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post

have you seen this $999 DAP (DSD; 192 Gb, OLED 5" screen...) ?  

--> A&K better react soon with a new top-of-the-line DAP !!





Wow, Calyx !!!!!!!! Wanted smily_headphones1.gif
post #4235 of 6313
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post
 

have you seen this $999 DAP (DSD; 192 Gb, OLED 5" screen...) ?  

 

--> A&K better react soon with a new top-of-the-line DAP !!

 

 

 

 

Since this thing isn't supposed to be officially announced until CES in January I don't think iRiver needs to do anything right now. I would brace yourself for the price drop to stay competitive when it finally does.

post #4236 of 6313
Sam, Calyx is more high end maker and if they do it right i doubt iRiver will be able to match unless they drop price below 500$, this is really serious challenge and i am very eager to hear Calyx DAP because it can be the end game for me biggrin.gif
post #4237 of 6313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

Sam, Calyx is more high end maker and if they do it right i doubt iRiver will be able to match unless they drop price below 500$, this is really serious challenge and i am very eager to hear Calyx DAP because it can be the end game for me biggrin.gif

Especialy if they have a good User Interface onthis BIG OLED screen and... a good play-list support !

post #4238 of 6313
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post

Especialy if they have a good User Interface onthis BIG OLED screen and... a good play-list support !

yes, this happens, my dreams come true, high end boys slowly perhaps entering portable world, i feel excited and can wait till CES 2014 easily if what i hear will mean end of game. Calyx looks like a real killer on paper, and it looks sooooooo sweet beautifull too.
post #4239 of 6313
The big screen actually puts me off it! Its why I got rid of my iTouch and went for a classic. For me all I want is a little bit of album art and track listing. I don't need a huge screen for that. I would rather the money be spent on sonics than screen to be honest.

I actually found using the HM801 refreshing, it reminded me of my old Sony minidisc player back in the 90's. To be honest I could live without album art and all that stuff, as long as I have track listing and artist and album name thats enough. Simple is good!
post #4240 of 6313

I hate when product threads get sidetracked with vaporware. How well do you think a company's first shot at FW and an OS is going to work? Hope it and everything else on the horizon will be great but I'm not holding my breath. It's already got it's own thread. How many do we need redirected?

post #4241 of 6313
I agree, I just saw this on the ASP thread as well and a really good thing about the amp was ignored!
post #4242 of 6313

Sorry for small Off-topic guys.

 

Do check this out....

http://www.head-fi.org/t/689461/december-2013-mook-headphone-festival-singapore

 

Happy to help anyone making his/her way to Singapore during this period.

post #4243 of 6313
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmedium View Post

The big screen actually puts me off it! Its why I got rid of my iTouch and went for a classic. For me all I want is a little bit of album art and track listing. I don't need a huge screen for that. I would rather the money be spent on sonics than screen to be honest.

I actually found using the HM801 refreshing, it reminded me of my old Sony minidisc player back in the 90's. To be honest I could live without album art and all that stuff, as long as I have track listing and artist and album name thats enough. Simple is good!

 

Totally agree about the size issue, a is made DAP is to listen music. When it comes to functions/features that do not contribute to sound quality i prefer to have less of it. To me a screen large enough to see to see what i'm listening to and navigate through my songs is enough. No need for a 5" oled touch screen. What would interesting would be if calyx can produce a smaller DAP with sound quality the way surpasses the AK120.

post #4244 of 6313
Guys, i just came across the news that a remote control for AK100 120 will come out soon, presumely for using in a car
post #4245 of 6313
Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonljj View Post
 

 

Totally agree about the size issue, a is made DAP is to listen music. When it comes to functions/features that do not contribute to sound quality i prefer to have less of it. To me a screen large enough to see to see what i'm listening to and navigate through my songs is enough. No need for a 5" oled touch screen. What would interesting would be if calyx can produce a smaller DAP with sound quality the way surpasses the AK120.

 

Calyx makes superb DACs and knows its business... so i hope to hear not marginal improvement over AK but a good deal improvement without the need for Vinnie's Mods and else.

 

as concerns size, how big is AK120+amp attached? not so portable either, huh?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK120