Hello young chaps
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern, what's the best/great IEM to use? Last post on 4/25/15 at 10:19am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 278
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I hope its just more then the screen. A bigger screen would naturally result in bigger battery drain. To be honest, i hardly every use the screen on my AK, mostly operate using the three button on the left hand side for playback and the volume knob. The only time I use the screen is to change playlists.
First of all, I consider myself an audio file-light. That is, I love great sound, I'm a musician and I have some high-end equipment although not the highest. I did buy the AK120 and I'm now a believer in the high res audio files available from HDtracks and other places. However, I do not understand a lot of technical talk and I'm very limited in knowledge about things such as spectrum analyzers, etc. and even what a DAC really does.
I received the AK120 yesterday. It came with some songs formatted and they play and sound great through my system. I'm having two specific problems with this device; I cannot find a way to load the playlist with songs that I have downloaded from HDtracks (although I did somehow make a playlist of the Eagles tunes I had downloaded from HD tracks) and when I plug my AK120 into my computer I can't seem to find a way to make any of the songs I have stored in the iRiver program download into the AK120. When I plug my USB from the device into the computer, I get three readings: charge battery, use as DAC, and use as removable storage disk.
I'm wondering if there is some online tutorial. I have tried contacting the company but so far I have not had any success. I will continue to try but I figured I'd check with so many of you who are versed with this unit.
Removable storage device.... device will be seen by your PC/Mac allowing you to upload files through the iRiver program or drag and drop, although drag and drop has not included artwork and album title for me so perhaps the program will be better, as I'm assuming it will have a feature for playlist creation also and would let you know that artwork/tracks/tagging are in order before moving to the device.
Best way would be to buy a USB 3.0 miro SD card reader and use that to upload files to an micro SD card to then insert into the AK120. Might be able to use the iRiver program to do that also as it should see it as a drive (Format to exFat). Other way mentioned involves uploading to the drive on the device directly.
and +1 for iPad or iPhone charger, i use them for charging AK and many other portables without a slightest issue. simple and convinient, just beware of cheapo adapter chargers.
Edited by Gintaras - 10/29/13 at 1:53pm
I like the design or it, looks neat and all but you wouldn't notice any harm was being done as its not in your hand, it'd probably be on the dock over long periods of time unlike the devices it is intended to be used for.... would rather something similar that didn't use magnetics to hold it, AK's holder is very over priced for what it is and I would not go near it.
Or something, not very desktop perhaps... nice if something could hold the DAP and an Amp.
Edited by Goldlion973 - 10/29/13 at 2:27pm
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 53 seconds ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 59 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on dt 880's 2 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 2 minutes ago
- › Grado PS1000 Owner's List 3 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area Meet impressions (May 2, 2015) 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Review: RIVA Turbo X High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth... 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2