Hello young chaps
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 3/30/14 at 6:33pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK120 For Sale Last post on 4/16/14 at 7:50pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 278
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I hope its just more then the screen. A bigger screen would naturally result in bigger battery drain. To be honest, i hardly every use the screen on my AK, mostly operate using the three button on the left hand side for playback and the volume knob. The only time I use the screen is to change playlists.
First of all, I consider myself an audio file-light. That is, I love great sound, I'm a musician and I have some high-end equipment although not the highest. I did buy the AK120 and I'm now a believer in the high res audio files available from HDtracks and other places. However, I do not understand a lot of technical talk and I'm very limited in knowledge about things such as spectrum analyzers, etc. and even what a DAC really does.
I received the AK120 yesterday. It came with some songs formatted and they play and sound great through my system. I'm having two specific problems with this device; I cannot find a way to load the playlist with songs that I have downloaded from HDtracks (although I did somehow make a playlist of the Eagles tunes I had downloaded from HD tracks) and when I plug my AK120 into my computer I can't seem to find a way to make any of the songs I have stored in the iRiver program download into the AK120. When I plug my USB from the device into the computer, I get three readings: charge battery, use as DAC, and use as removable storage disk.
I'm wondering if there is some online tutorial. I have tried contacting the company but so far I have not had any success. I will continue to try but I figured I'd check with so many of you who are versed with this unit.
Removable storage device.... device will be seen by your PC/Mac allowing you to upload files through the iRiver program or drag and drop, although drag and drop has not included artwork and album title for me so perhaps the program will be better, as I'm assuming it will have a feature for playlist creation also and would let you know that artwork/tracks/tagging are in order before moving to the device.
Best way would be to buy a USB 3.0 miro SD card reader and use that to upload files to an micro SD card to then insert into the AK120. Might be able to use the iRiver program to do that also as it should see it as a drive (Format to exFat). Other way mentioned involves uploading to the drive on the device directly.
and +1 for iPad or iPhone charger, i use them for charging AK and many other portables without a slightest issue. simple and convinient, just beware of cheapo adapter chargers.
Edited by Gintaras - 10/29/13 at 1:53pm
I like the design or it, looks neat and all but you wouldn't notice any harm was being done as its not in your hand, it'd probably be on the dock over long periods of time unlike the devices it is intended to be used for.... would rather something similar that didn't use magnetics to hold it, AK's holder is very over priced for what it is and I would not go near it.
Or something, not very desktop perhaps... nice if something could hold the DAP and an Amp.
Edited by Goldlion973 - 10/29/13 at 2:27pm
- The Astell & Kern AK120
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › V-moda XS? 9 seconds ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 56 seconds ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 1 minute ago
- › Which Grados? 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600) 3 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz) 6 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob