Hello young chaps
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:18 am in Portable Source Gear
- Ultrasone performance 880 Last post on 8/10/14 at 10:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 278
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I hope its just more then the screen. A bigger screen would naturally result in bigger battery drain. To be honest, i hardly every use the screen on my AK, mostly operate using the three button on the left hand side for playback and the volume knob. The only time I use the screen is to change playlists.
First of all, I consider myself an audio file-light. That is, I love great sound, I'm a musician and I have some high-end equipment although not the highest. I did buy the AK120 and I'm now a believer in the high res audio files available from HDtracks and other places. However, I do not understand a lot of technical talk and I'm very limited in knowledge about things such as spectrum analyzers, etc. and even what a DAC really does.
I received the AK120 yesterday. It came with some songs formatted and they play and sound great through my system. I'm having two specific problems with this device; I cannot find a way to load the playlist with songs that I have downloaded from HDtracks (although I did somehow make a playlist of the Eagles tunes I had downloaded from HD tracks) and when I plug my AK120 into my computer I can't seem to find a way to make any of the songs I have stored in the iRiver program download into the AK120. When I plug my USB from the device into the computer, I get three readings: charge battery, use as DAC, and use as removable storage disk.
I'm wondering if there is some online tutorial. I have tried contacting the company but so far I have not had any success. I will continue to try but I figured I'd check with so many of you who are versed with this unit.
Removable storage device.... device will be seen by your PC/Mac allowing you to upload files through the iRiver program or drag and drop, although drag and drop has not included artwork and album title for me so perhaps the program will be better, as I'm assuming it will have a feature for playlist creation also and would let you know that artwork/tracks/tagging are in order before moving to the device.
Best way would be to buy a USB 3.0 miro SD card reader and use that to upload files to an micro SD card to then insert into the AK120. Might be able to use the iRiver program to do that also as it should see it as a drive (Format to exFat). Other way mentioned involves uploading to the drive on the device directly.
and +1 for iPad or iPhone charger, i use them for charging AK and many other portables without a slightest issue. simple and convinient, just beware of cheapo adapter chargers.
Edited by Gintaras - 10/29/13 at 1:53pm
I like the design or it, looks neat and all but you wouldn't notice any harm was being done as its not in your hand, it'd probably be on the dock over long periods of time unlike the devices it is intended to be used for.... would rather something similar that didn't use magnetics to hold it, AK's holder is very over priced for what it is and I would not go near it.
Or something, not very desktop perhaps... nice if something could hold the DAP and an Amp.
Edited by Goldlion973 - 10/29/13 at 2:27pm
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › Sennheiser HD800 in good condition. 9 seconds ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 46 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 2 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones up to £100 with DacMagic XS USB DAC 5 minutes ago
- › Whiplash Eclipse Twag V2 OM RSA / ALO Balanced (EU) 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)