Hello young chaps
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 11/26/14 at 11:07am in Portable Source Gear
- Headphones for Astell & Kern AK120 Last post on 11/17/14 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: Today
Hi guys, this is my first post and my first review, please consider too that I am not a native speaker, neither an audiophile. Right now I own a useless Fiio X3, its battery died and I have...
I'm not sure if this is the same model I got with my iPhone 4s or not. There have been tons of different models of these buds released for different i-devices. The ones that I received with my 4s...
I barely used them... got one pair and a few months later the left earpiece started cutting sound. The retail shop opened them and did a messy job, were working and then stopped. Got a 2nd pair,...
Wow...these cans seem to generate a lot of passion! Mr. Tech Agent's review below is a pretty tough act to follow, but I will try. 1st a quote from the literature that comes with the HD 650's:...
Final Audio Adagio III Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/744122/final-audio-adagio-iii-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Oh god,...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 278
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I hope its just more then the screen. A bigger screen would naturally result in bigger battery drain. To be honest, i hardly every use the screen on my AK, mostly operate using the three button on the left hand side for playback and the volume knob. The only time I use the screen is to change playlists.
First of all, I consider myself an audio file-light. That is, I love great sound, I'm a musician and I have some high-end equipment although not the highest. I did buy the AK120 and I'm now a believer in the high res audio files available from HDtracks and other places. However, I do not understand a lot of technical talk and I'm very limited in knowledge about things such as spectrum analyzers, etc. and even what a DAC really does.
I received the AK120 yesterday. It came with some songs formatted and they play and sound great through my system. I'm having two specific problems with this device; I cannot find a way to load the playlist with songs that I have downloaded from HDtracks (although I did somehow make a playlist of the Eagles tunes I had downloaded from HD tracks) and when I plug my AK120 into my computer I can't seem to find a way to make any of the songs I have stored in the iRiver program download into the AK120. When I plug my USB from the device into the computer, I get three readings: charge battery, use as DAC, and use as removable storage disk.
I'm wondering if there is some online tutorial. I have tried contacting the company but so far I have not had any success. I will continue to try but I figured I'd check with so many of you who are versed with this unit.
Removable storage device.... device will be seen by your PC/Mac allowing you to upload files through the iRiver program or drag and drop, although drag and drop has not included artwork and album title for me so perhaps the program will be better, as I'm assuming it will have a feature for playlist creation also and would let you know that artwork/tracks/tagging are in order before moving to the device.
Best way would be to buy a USB 3.0 miro SD card reader and use that to upload files to an micro SD card to then insert into the AK120. Might be able to use the iRiver program to do that also as it should see it as a drive (Format to exFat). Other way mentioned involves uploading to the drive on the device directly.
and +1 for iPad or iPhone charger, i use them for charging AK and many other portables without a slightest issue. simple and convinient, just beware of cheapo adapter chargers.
Edited by Gintaras - 10/29/13 at 1:53pm
I like the design or it, looks neat and all but you wouldn't notice any harm was being done as its not in your hand, it'd probably be on the dock over long periods of time unlike the devices it is intended to be used for.... would rather something similar that didn't use magnetics to hold it, AK's holder is very over priced for what it is and I would not go near it.
Or something, not very desktop perhaps... nice if something could hold the DAP and an Amp.
Edited by Goldlion973 - 10/29/13 at 2:27pm
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 2 seconds ago
- › New Audio Technica ATH-M50x with Removable Cable 28 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 1 minute ago
- › RHA T10i Tour & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode 3 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B6 ! 3 minutes ago
- › Newly Released Sennheiser CX Series Earphones: In particular, the... 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by Arturoo123
- › Apple iPod Earphones Headphones for iPod Nano, Touch & Classic by GoldenGuy66
- › Shure SE215 by damianmb
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Willy 2 Streams
- › Final Audio Design Adagio III by mark2410
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)