- 267 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: Hong Kong
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 3/30/14 at 6:33pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK120 For Sale Last post on 4/16/14 at 7:50pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
I would like to acknowledge that I'm actually reviewing T51i model of these headphones - identical to T51p with addition of in-line remote/mic. I received these for review purpose from...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 270
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That is such terrible news, especially seeing your enthusiasm for the MOD after listening to mine over lunch, Tuesday.
Hope there are honest folks in Hong Kong........
It's iPod for me tonight. (And now means my fitear or 1p2 are a bit further down the line!!)
Dang Kerry that's terrible news. Sorry for needing to rush at Sheraton and didn't get to talk with you more earlier this week. Will help to keep an eye out on local forums and let you know if I spot any naked ak120 in the FS sections.
Astell & Kern perhaps reached a bit of a crossroad with DAP's.
Here's the new product announcement.
An amp for smartphones.....hmm. I think I'll pass on this one.
Do you want to give us a bit more info? What operating system are you on? If you're on a mac you should probably read this thread.
I took all the risk out of the project by starting off with making a copy of all of the files I wanted to work on. It's certainly a science project but A&K doesn't advertise iTunes compatibility. For me, flac is the native format for the AK120. There's no playback stutter, and all of the tags, album art, and gapless playback just work.
The bonus is that I get great hi res playback on my mac with Vox and the Meridian Explorer.
Do you have any audible differences in soundquality while switching from apple lossless to flac ?
Im a mac user and I have all my music in apple lossless. Before I put my high-res music on my ak120 I always put it first in itunes and later on the ak120. I dont have any issues with the title order or something. The only thing is that album art doesnt show up but that doesn't bother me.
I did get some stuttering in playback with some 24 bit alac files. Haven't had any with flac. Could have been something else but I think I've heard of others with similar issues.
- The Astell & Kern AK120
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 20 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!)... 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for Travel and frustration with Sennheiser 219 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 8 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 8 minutes ago
- › choose the best equipment for my ears 8 minutes ago
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › Sennheiser MM 450-X Wireless Bluetooth Headphones by Faber65
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude