- 366 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: Hong Kong
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 1/22/15 at 4:33am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell kern ak120 help or advice needed Last post on 2/13/15 at 8:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 270
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That is such terrible news, especially seeing your enthusiasm for the MOD after listening to mine over lunch, Tuesday.
Hope there are honest folks in Hong Kong........
It's iPod for me tonight. (And now means my fitear or 1p2 are a bit further down the line!!)
Dang Kerry that's terrible news. Sorry for needing to rush at Sheraton and didn't get to talk with you more earlier this week. Will help to keep an eye out on local forums and let you know if I spot any naked ak120 in the FS sections.
Astell & Kern perhaps reached a bit of a crossroad with DAP's.
Here's the new product announcement.
An amp for smartphones.....hmm. I think I'll pass on this one.
Do you want to give us a bit more info? What operating system are you on? If you're on a mac you should probably read this thread.
I took all the risk out of the project by starting off with making a copy of all of the files I wanted to work on. It's certainly a science project but A&K doesn't advertise iTunes compatibility. For me, flac is the native format for the AK120. There's no playback stutter, and all of the tags, album art, and gapless playback just work.
The bonus is that I get great hi res playback on my mac with Vox and the Meridian Explorer.
Do you have any audible differences in soundquality while switching from apple lossless to flac ?
Im a mac user and I have all my music in apple lossless. Before I put my high-res music on my ak120 I always put it first in itunes and later on the ak120. I dont have any issues with the title order or something. The only thing is that album art doesnt show up but that doesn't bother me.
I did get some stuttering in playback with some 24 bit alac files. Haven't had any with flac. Could have been something else but I think I've heard of others with similar issues.
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › Three Word Story 2 seconds ago
- › Anyone has their Schiit Modi or Magni die? 29 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 32 seconds ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 47 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 48 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 55 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › I don't mind being nice guy finishing last 3 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 24 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3