- 300 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: Hong Kong
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 7/6/14 at 5:26pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 II and AK120 II UK Pre Order Available Now Last post on 7/9/14 at 11:27am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 270
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That is such terrible news, especially seeing your enthusiasm for the MOD after listening to mine over lunch, Tuesday.
Hope there are honest folks in Hong Kong........
It's iPod for me tonight. (And now means my fitear or 1p2 are a bit further down the line!!)
Dang Kerry that's terrible news. Sorry for needing to rush at Sheraton and didn't get to talk with you more earlier this week. Will help to keep an eye out on local forums and let you know if I spot any naked ak120 in the FS sections.
Astell & Kern perhaps reached a bit of a crossroad with DAP's.
Here's the new product announcement.
An amp for smartphones.....hmm. I think I'll pass on this one.
Do you want to give us a bit more info? What operating system are you on? If you're on a mac you should probably read this thread.
I took all the risk out of the project by starting off with making a copy of all of the files I wanted to work on. It's certainly a science project but A&K doesn't advertise iTunes compatibility. For me, flac is the native format for the AK120. There's no playback stutter, and all of the tags, album art, and gapless playback just work.
The bonus is that I get great hi res playback on my mac with Vox and the Meridian Explorer.
Do you have any audible differences in soundquality while switching from apple lossless to flac ?
Im a mac user and I have all my music in apple lossless. Before I put my high-res music on my ak120 I always put it first in itunes and later on the ak120. I dont have any issues with the title order or something. The only thing is that album art doesnt show up but that doesn't bother me.
I did get some stuttering in playback with some 24 bit alac files. Haven't had any with flac. Could have been something else but I think I've heard of others with similar issues.
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 25 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x,... 51 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 51 seconds ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 58 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Introductions, Introductions 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Review: NuForce DAC-80 - replacement for the DAC-100 (same sound,... 1 minute ago
- › Is it possible to know the maximum db output of a pair of... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennhieser Momentum, AKG K702 Anniversary Edition ($340),... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)