- 338 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: Hong Kong
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 9/16/14 at 4:16pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ultrasone performance 880 Last post on 8/10/14 at 10:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 270
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That is such terrible news, especially seeing your enthusiasm for the MOD after listening to mine over lunch, Tuesday.
Hope there are honest folks in Hong Kong........
It's iPod for me tonight. (And now means my fitear or 1p2 are a bit further down the line!!)
Dang Kerry that's terrible news. Sorry for needing to rush at Sheraton and didn't get to talk with you more earlier this week. Will help to keep an eye out on local forums and let you know if I spot any naked ak120 in the FS sections.
Astell & Kern perhaps reached a bit of a crossroad with DAP's.
Here's the new product announcement.
An amp for smartphones.....hmm. I think I'll pass on this one.
Do you want to give us a bit more info? What operating system are you on? If you're on a mac you should probably read this thread.
I took all the risk out of the project by starting off with making a copy of all of the files I wanted to work on. It's certainly a science project but A&K doesn't advertise iTunes compatibility. For me, flac is the native format for the AK120. There's no playback stutter, and all of the tags, album art, and gapless playback just work.
The bonus is that I get great hi res playback on my mac with Vox and the Meridian Explorer.
Do you have any audible differences in soundquality while switching from apple lossless to flac ?
Im a mac user and I have all my music in apple lossless. Before I put my high-res music on my ak120 I always put it first in itunes and later on the ak120. I dont have any issues with the title order or something. The only thing is that album art doesnt show up but that doesn't bother me.
I did get some stuttering in playback with some 24 bit alac files. Haven't had any with flac. Could have been something else but I think I've heard of others with similar issues.
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › Interest Check: Upcoming Meet at CANPAX @ TAVES? 11 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 30 seconds ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 42 seconds ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 59 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendation for: Closed Headphones (~$400) 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › Toronto Winter 2014 Meet 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)