- 377 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: Hong Kong
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 6/26/15 at 6:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AKT5P Last post on 5/20/15 at 10:17am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
This review is for the iclever IC-BTH01 Bluetooth Stereo Headset INTRODUCTION Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in...
Introduction: Cayin is a Chinese company that has recently made quite a splash in the portable audio world with some of their very nice and budget friendly portable gear. The C5 amplifier has...
Let's ruin the surprise: I'm buying an Aune B1 the moment the nice folks at Aune Audio show up at my door demanding their demo unit back. I can't stop playing it and there's one huge reason:...
I purchased the XX's about a week ago, so I've had time to fiddle with them for a while. Let's just jump right in with the sound. Unequalized, these sound like you're listening to a set of desktop...
This has been a very unique audio experience for me. I stumbled across an insane deal on this headset, so I though I would give them a swing. Comfort: As an owner of quite large ears, I can say...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 270
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That is such terrible news, especially seeing your enthusiasm for the MOD after listening to mine over lunch, Tuesday.
Hope there are honest folks in Hong Kong........
It's iPod for me tonight. (And now means my fitear or 1p2 are a bit further down the line!!)
Dang Kerry that's terrible news. Sorry for needing to rush at Sheraton and didn't get to talk with you more earlier this week. Will help to keep an eye out on local forums and let you know if I spot any naked ak120 in the FS sections.
Astell & Kern perhaps reached a bit of a crossroad with DAP's.
Here's the new product announcement.
An amp for smartphones.....hmm. I think I'll pass on this one.
Do you want to give us a bit more info? What operating system are you on? If you're on a mac you should probably read this thread.
I took all the risk out of the project by starting off with making a copy of all of the files I wanted to work on. It's certainly a science project but A&K doesn't advertise iTunes compatibility. For me, flac is the native format for the AK120. There's no playback stutter, and all of the tags, album art, and gapless playback just work.
The bonus is that I get great hi res playback on my mac with Vox and the Meridian Explorer.
Do you have any audible differences in soundquality while switching from apple lossless to flac ?
Im a mac user and I have all my music in apple lossless. Before I put my high-res music on my ak120 I always put it first in itunes and later on the ak120. I dont have any issues with the title order or something. The only thing is that album art doesnt show up but that doesn't bother me.
I did get some stuttering in playback with some 24 bit alac files. Haven't had any with flac. Could have been something else but I think I've heard of others with similar issues.
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 31 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 49 seconds ago
- › X5 Upgrade deal? 1 minute ago
- › New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed. 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Forg3D Shields Unveiled - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 5 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 5 minutes ago
- › Speaker Control Center vs Sound Card vs Amp/DAC 5 minutes ago
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › AKG Y50 Black On-Ear Headphone with In-Line One-Button Universal... by acain
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by Chaoturbo
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by Voyageur
- › Audio Zenith PMx2 Headphone by rschoi75
- › NuPrime uDSD Hi-resolution USB-powered Portable DAC (PCM 384, DSD... by pennstateee1
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)