Using the AK120 (firmware 1.32 and 1.33) as a DAC/Headphone amp... I am stuck and would be grateful for some advice.
The sound stutters and is distorted to a degree, where you cannot listen to it. Something must be completely messed up, though the AK120 is correctly recognized as iRiver USB audio device.
It's a desktop: Win7 (64bit), Asus Mainboard Z68 chipset, newest Bios.
It's the same, no matter if I (try to) play 16/44 or 24/96 flac files.
It's the same, no matter if I use foobar2000 or JRiver v18. Trying different latencies did also not help.
It's the same, no matter if I use Wasapi (event) or Wasapi (push). It's even the same with Direct Sound.
Yes, I have read the AK120 manual, i.e.: I am using an USB 2.0 port as well as the original AK120 USB cabel. In addition I tried it with another cable... but no success either.
Of course I tried different USB ports as well.
My default DAC for this PC is a Resonessence INVICTA (connected via USB), I have absolutely no problems there. I also did not have any problems with a Halide USB DAC on this machine.