Seems a little too big and way too expensive for me T T
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:00 pm in Portable Source Gear
- $599 Lehmannaudio Traveller Last post on 8/25/14 at 3:23am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
i know you already read the threads full of people talking about how nice is this earphone. i know they're all talking about how cheap and bang for buck it is and which one is the original and...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 24
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The USB dac feature will be great! So essentially a high-res USB dac than can play all file types streaming from a computer. I wonder if any drivers will be needed to be be installed on the computer.
As for DSD, the only way I can ever see this being done is via software-based DSD to PCM conversion, because the WM8740 will not take DSD direct. IMHO, if you are going to do DSD to PCM conversion, then don't bother with DSD. Native DSD is where it is at when using that format (as well as with the recording phase. ie, native DSD recorded files, not PCM files converted to DSD).
JmoonAK - thanks for keeping us posted when the AK120 will be available in the USA.
All the best,
Don't worry, Gintaras. I have plans for the AK120.
Sounds like a good idea to me.
But don't lose your RWAK100s yet... I'm looking
into something new for them as well
I'm with you, Cheers!
Regarding the AK120, If they got it right, it should be better than any amp Gavin can add to the 100. Dual dacs allows more current per DAC or differential use per channel resulting in a few db better signal to noise ratio and just better low level tracking in general. If the amp stage is just OK. it should be enough to rule the 100 with IEMs.
Edited by goodvibes - 5/17/13 at 4:48am
Dudes, I am curious about that 1/8 rule. So this little devil has 3 OI. If we pair it with 20 impedance ciems, will there be 'problems'.
AK100 has hell of a pages of discussions related to it but that one has way much higher OI (22 if I am not mistaking). I am thinking if 3 is relatively nice or we should def. get something less than 1 ohm (like ibasso dx100/50 or FiiO X3/X5).
PS: I am kinda tech noob person, please go easy on me
I think I even read somewhere that the measured impedance is closer to 5ohm but maybe I'm imagining things lol.... It does pair very well with my 334 (again don't trust me as I'm still in my honeymoon with the AK120 lol) and a lot better with an old xba4ip which was really crap with ak100
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic A200P High-End Portable DAC 1 minute ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › alessandro ms2i no clamping force? 6 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 6 minutes ago
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by vaziyetu
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › Review before you send an email
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3