Seems a little too big and way too expensive for me T T
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 1/22/15 at 4:33am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell kern ak120 help or advice needed Last post on 2/13/15 at 8:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 24
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The USB dac feature will be great! So essentially a high-res USB dac than can play all file types streaming from a computer. I wonder if any drivers will be needed to be be installed on the computer.
As for DSD, the only way I can ever see this being done is via software-based DSD to PCM conversion, because the WM8740 will not take DSD direct. IMHO, if you are going to do DSD to PCM conversion, then don't bother with DSD. Native DSD is where it is at when using that format (as well as with the recording phase. ie, native DSD recorded files, not PCM files converted to DSD).
JmoonAK - thanks for keeping us posted when the AK120 will be available in the USA.
All the best,
I'm with you, Cheers!
Regarding the AK120, If they got it right, it should be better than any amp Gavin can add to the 100. Dual dacs allows more current per DAC or differential use per channel resulting in a few db better signal to noise ratio and just better low level tracking in general. If the amp stage is just OK. it should be enough to rule the 100 with IEMs.
Edited by goodvibes - 5/17/13 at 4:48am
Dudes, I am curious about that 1/8 rule. So this little devil has 3 OI. If we pair it with 20 impedance ciems, will there be 'problems'.
AK100 has hell of a pages of discussions related to it but that one has way much higher OI (22 if I am not mistaking). I am thinking if 3 is relatively nice or we should def. get something less than 1 ohm (like ibasso dx100/50 or FiiO X3/X5).
PS: I am kinda tech noob person, please go easy on me
I think I even read somewhere that the measured impedance is closer to 5ohm but maybe I'm imagining things lol.... It does pair very well with my 334 (again don't trust me as I'm still in my honeymoon with the AK120 lol) and a lot better with an old xba4ip which was really crap with ak100
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica CKX Information & Reviews Thread 1 minute ago
- › Tried Senn Momentum and AT M50x... What's Next? 1 minute ago
- › Gustard Amplifiers and DACs 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro VS Chord HUGO 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 4 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD discussion + impression 5 minutes ago
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3