Seems a little too big and way too expensive for me T T
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 11/26/14 at 11:07am in Portable Source Gear
- Headphones for Astell & Kern AK120 Last post on 11/17/14 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: Today
I barely used them... got one pair and a few months later the left earpiece started cutting sound. The retail shop opened them and did a messy job, were working and then stopped. Got a 2nd pair,...
Wow...these cans seem to generate a lot of passion! Mr. Tech Agent's review below is a pretty tough act to follow, but I will try. 1st a quote from the literature that comes with the HD 650's:...
Final Audio Adagio III Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/744122/final-audio-adagio-iii-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Oh god,...
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 24
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The USB dac feature will be great! So essentially a high-res USB dac than can play all file types streaming from a computer. I wonder if any drivers will be needed to be be installed on the computer.
As for DSD, the only way I can ever see this being done is via software-based DSD to PCM conversion, because the WM8740 will not take DSD direct. IMHO, if you are going to do DSD to PCM conversion, then don't bother with DSD. Native DSD is where it is at when using that format (as well as with the recording phase. ie, native DSD recorded files, not PCM files converted to DSD).
JmoonAK - thanks for keeping us posted when the AK120 will be available in the USA.
All the best,
I'm with you, Cheers!
Regarding the AK120, If they got it right, it should be better than any amp Gavin can add to the 100. Dual dacs allows more current per DAC or differential use per channel resulting in a few db better signal to noise ratio and just better low level tracking in general. If the amp stage is just OK. it should be enough to rule the 100 with IEMs.
Edited by goodvibes - 5/17/13 at 4:48am
Dudes, I am curious about that 1/8 rule. So this little devil has 3 OI. If we pair it with 20 impedance ciems, will there be 'problems'.
AK100 has hell of a pages of discussions related to it but that one has way much higher OI (22 if I am not mistaking). I am thinking if 3 is relatively nice or we should def. get something less than 1 ohm (like ibasso dx100/50 or FiiO X3/X5).
PS: I am kinda tech noob person, please go easy on me
I think I even read somewhere that the measured impedance is closer to 5ohm but maybe I'm imagining things lol.... It does pair very well with my 334 (again don't trust me as I'm still in my honeymoon with the AK120 lol) and a lot better with an old xba4ip which was really crap with ak100
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › Lite DAC60 - PCM1704 R2R tubed DAC Mod Project 23 seconds ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E... 32 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 40 seconds ago
- › No difference in sound when trying various amps??!?!?! 1 minute ago
- › Need reference headphones using a Scarlett 2i2 1 minute ago
- › Best directional sound for headphones? Noob to audio 1 minute ago
- › post your grado mods.... 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Detail level and speed of headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Apple iPod Earphones Headphones for iPod Nano, Touch & Classic by GoldenGuy66
- › Shure SE215 by damianmb
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Willy 2 Streams
- › Final Audio Design Adagio III by mark2410
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)