Seems a little too big and way too expensive for me T T
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 5/15/15 at 3:28pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AKT5P Last post on 5/20/15 at 10:17am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
Introduction Over the past year, Audiofly released their "Performance" range of IEMs, designed by musicians as stage monitors. A while back I had a chance to sample the top of the range AF180 and...
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 24
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The USB dac feature will be great! So essentially a high-res USB dac than can play all file types streaming from a computer. I wonder if any drivers will be needed to be be installed on the computer.
As for DSD, the only way I can ever see this being done is via software-based DSD to PCM conversion, because the WM8740 will not take DSD direct. IMHO, if you are going to do DSD to PCM conversion, then don't bother with DSD. Native DSD is where it is at when using that format (as well as with the recording phase. ie, native DSD recorded files, not PCM files converted to DSD).
JmoonAK - thanks for keeping us posted when the AK120 will be available in the USA.
All the best,
I'm with you, Cheers!
Regarding the AK120, If they got it right, it should be better than any amp Gavin can add to the 100. Dual dacs allows more current per DAC or differential use per channel resulting in a few db better signal to noise ratio and just better low level tracking in general. If the amp stage is just OK. it should be enough to rule the 100 with IEMs.
Edited by goodvibes - 5/17/13 at 4:48am
Dudes, I am curious about that 1/8 rule. So this little devil has 3 OI. If we pair it with 20 impedance ciems, will there be 'problems'.
AK100 has hell of a pages of discussions related to it but that one has way much higher OI (22 if I am not mistaking). I am thinking if 3 is relatively nice or we should def. get something less than 1 ohm (like ibasso dx100/50 or FiiO X3/X5).
PS: I am kinda tech noob person, please go easy on me
I think I even read somewhere that the measured impedance is closer to 5ohm but maybe I'm imagining things lol.... It does pair very well with my 334 (again don't trust me as I'm still in my honeymoon with the AK120 lol) and a lot better with an old xba4ip which was really crap with ak100
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › Sennhiser Amperior vs HD25 vs AKGk545 1 second ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 28 seconds ago
- › Aequus new Fostex T50RP 3d printed / wodden faceplate customizable... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Beta 22 volume potentiometer, TKD vs ALPS? 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 7 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 MODS 7 minutes ago
- › Why does it matter if headphones have a frequency range below 20Hz... 8 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2