seg. fault even with "sacd_extract -2 -s --input=your_sacd.iso" ? Not sure which OS X you're running but it's working fine on my Mac running Mountain Lion..
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 10:03 am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
At this point of time, iFi Audio shouldn’t need much introduction at all. The British company is the more budget oriented sister brand of the prestige Abbingdon Music Research and have made a name...
For the complete review click on the IMHO Tech Blog link.
So i bought the pistons 3 from Ibuygou.com a week ago. The unboxing experience was stellar just like the older version, I was slightly disappointed that the chocolate smell was not present. Oh...
Too lazy to write the full review yet LOL. Just posting this out first :)
This is my first audiophile grade headphone and I truly believe that this is a brilliant introduction to how awesome music can sound! I live is South Africa, a country that is renowned for...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 176
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not much point listening to an sacd without spending a lot of money to invest in quality speakers, amps etc. Or so I've been reading anyway.Of course if you have a high end set up already then I guess it wouldn't be too much money to buy an oppo and plug it into your system.
Oppo is good and i have one but it cannot beat dedicated high-end CDP, i ran Oppo direct and it sounded so so while using Oppo as transport makes little sense since this is DVD drive. Also a good two channel can sound insanely good even with red book plus you have golden master series CDs though they are not cheap and not every music. hdcd can also be very good.
Lee, i tried two channel and loss was apparent, SACD is normally surrond or two channel but i found less appeal on two channel.
I don't know what to say then Gintiras. Most of the SACDs I have are superior to their vinyl counterparts which I also have. The same goes for red book. I'm not the only one who feels this.
That site got a number of DSD format. U must not used the DSD128 as AK120 only support DSD64.
I tried with the first Mozart DSD64 file and there isn't any problem playing.
Really showcases how good DSD can sound...................
I am pretty sure that the AK120 cannot process 5.1 surround?!
Stick with 2 channel................................
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware) 32 seconds ago
- › Questyle QP1 37 seconds ago
- › Amp recommendations for Fostex TH900? 42 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 52 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › VENI-VIDI-VICI! V-MODA's new IEMs - ALTO + FORZA - Crowdsourcing,... 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a DAC to replace Xonar Essence STX 2 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 2 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Tzar
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by MakeTotlDestroy
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by Sentinei
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by biggysmalls
- › TDK IE800 by Arvan
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2