seg. fault even with "sacd_extract -2 -s --input=your_sacd.iso" ? Not sure which OS X you're running but it's working fine on my Mac running Mountain Lion..
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 6/26/15 at 6:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:13 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Lotoo PAW 5000 Review by mark2410 Last post on 8/20/15 at 9:06am in Portable Source Gear
- Lotoo PAW 5000 now available from Hifiheadphones.co.uk Last post on 10/6/15 at 7:28am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions And Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 2:42 am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Many thanks to Venture Electronics for the VE Monk review sample! Product website: http://eng.52ve.cn/product.php?cm_id=205 I haven't been using earbud for quite a long time since my...
INTRODUCTION: The Havit H91DJ is a budget over-ear headphone with a warm signature. Sound quality is very impressive considering the low cost. The value of these headphones is quite high,...
Intro: SoundFoundations, is a company which manufactures accessories like racks, stands, and vibration control & custom cables. It is based in India. SoundFoundations is known in India for...
Introduction I would like to start this review off by saying thank you to the folks at Pro-Ject Audio systems for lending me a pair of their brand new Hear-it-One headphones....
Preamble: Before I start with my review, I’d like to thank Vivian from DUNU-Topsound for providing me with a sample of the DN-2000J for my evaluation. My review reflects my actual honest opinion...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 176
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not much point listening to an sacd without spending a lot of money to invest in quality speakers, amps etc. Or so I've been reading anyway.Of course if you have a high end set up already then I guess it wouldn't be too much money to buy an oppo and plug it into your system.
Oppo is good and i have one but it cannot beat dedicated high-end CDP, i ran Oppo direct and it sounded so so while using Oppo as transport makes little sense since this is DVD drive. Also a good two channel can sound insanely good even with red book plus you have golden master series CDs though they are not cheap and not every music. hdcd can also be very good.
Lee, i tried two channel and loss was apparent, SACD is normally surrond or two channel but i found less appeal on two channel.
I don't know what to say then Gintiras. Most of the SACDs I have are superior to their vinyl counterparts which I also have. The same goes for red book. I'm not the only one who feels this.
That site got a number of DSD format. U must not used the DSD128 as AK120 only support DSD64.
I tried with the first Mozart DSD64 file and there isn't any problem playing.
Really showcases how good DSD can sound...................
I am pretty sure that the AK120 cannot process 5.1 surround?!
Stick with 2 channel................................
- The Astell & Kern AK120
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 13 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 1 minute ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 4 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 4 minutes ago
- › Sony Xperia Z5 Range - Audio Quality 5 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Supreme Sound (Burson) Audio Lycan Headamp 8 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 8 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2