seg. fault even with "sacd_extract -2 -s --input=your_sacd.iso" ? Not sure which OS X you're running but it's working fine on my Mac running Mountain Lion..
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 6/26/15 at 6:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 8:47 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Lotoo PAW 5000 Review by mark2410 Last post on 8/20/15 at 9:06am in Portable Source Gear
- Lotoo PAW 5000 now on Pre-Order From Hifiheadphones.co.uk Last post on Today at 8:22 am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping Now (in China) Last post on Today at 5:34 am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Introduction: I was asked by Brainwavz’/GPGSHK’s Pandora whether I was interested in reviewing their latest Brainwavz product, the Kidwavz KV100 that was especially designed for kids, so I...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 176
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not much point listening to an sacd without spending a lot of money to invest in quality speakers, amps etc. Or so I've been reading anyway.Of course if you have a high end set up already then I guess it wouldn't be too much money to buy an oppo and plug it into your system.
Oppo is good and i have one but it cannot beat dedicated high-end CDP, i ran Oppo direct and it sounded so so while using Oppo as transport makes little sense since this is DVD drive. Also a good two channel can sound insanely good even with red book plus you have golden master series CDs though they are not cheap and not every music. hdcd can also be very good.
Lee, i tried two channel and loss was apparent, SACD is normally surrond or two channel but i found less appeal on two channel.
I don't know what to say then Gintiras. Most of the SACDs I have are superior to their vinyl counterparts which I also have. The same goes for red book. I'm not the only one who feels this.
That site got a number of DSD format. U must not used the DSD128 as AK120 only support DSD64.
I tried with the first Mozart DSD64 file and there isn't any problem playing.
Really showcases how good DSD can sound...................
I am pretty sure that the AK120 cannot process 5.1 surround?!
Stick with 2 channel................................
- The Astell & Kern AK120
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 30 seconds ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 38 seconds ago
- › Dunu TITAN Series: 1/1es/3/5 -- Ti-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear"... 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Ortofon e-Q8 Impressions Thread (new 2014 successor of the e-Q7 /... 7 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 7 minutes ago
- › Please Help, Matrix M-stage DAC + Matrix M-Stage Amp + HD 650 good... 7 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 8 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 10 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2