seg. fault even with "sacd_extract -2 -s --input=your_sacd.iso" ? Not sure which OS X you're running but it's working fine on my Mac running Mountain Lion..
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on Today at 9:03 am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 II and AK120 II UK Pre Order Available Now Last post on 7/9/14 at 11:27am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 176
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not much point listening to an sacd without spending a lot of money to invest in quality speakers, amps etc. Or so I've been reading anyway.Of course if you have a high end set up already then I guess it wouldn't be too much money to buy an oppo and plug it into your system.
Oppo is good and i have one but it cannot beat dedicated high-end CDP, i ran Oppo direct and it sounded so so while using Oppo as transport makes little sense since this is DVD drive. Also a good two channel can sound insanely good even with red book plus you have golden master series CDs though they are not cheap and not every music. hdcd can also be very good.
Lee, i tried two channel and loss was apparent, SACD is normally surrond or two channel but i found less appeal on two channel.
I don't know what to say then Gintiras. Most of the SACDs I have are superior to their vinyl counterparts which I also have. The same goes for red book. I'm not the only one who feels this.
That site got a number of DSD format. U must not used the DSD128 as AK120 only support DSD64.
I tried with the first Mozart DSD64 file and there isn't any problem playing.
Really showcases how good DSD can sound...................
I am pretty sure that the AK120 cannot process 5.1 surround?!
Stick with 2 channel................................
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › B.M.C. Announces PureDAC 43 seconds ago
- › Looking for over ear headphones for indie/rock; budget of £150/$250 43 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Need help! Amp recommendations? 1 minute ago
- › AKG Q701 White Like New! 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › Still Upgrade Time for the 940s, $1000 Budget 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)