seg. fault even with "sacd_extract -2 -s --input=your_sacd.iso" ? Not sure which OS X you're running but it's working fine on my Mac running Mountain Lion..
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 5/15/15 at 3:28pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AKT5P Last post on 5/20/15 at 10:17am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
I got a sansa clip+ for my pair of custom iems. Really small, really portable, big nice clip to clip on something while training. Almost perfect sound, some audible noise (really really low, like...
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 176
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not much point listening to an sacd without spending a lot of money to invest in quality speakers, amps etc. Or so I've been reading anyway.Of course if you have a high end set up already then I guess it wouldn't be too much money to buy an oppo and plug it into your system.
Oppo is good and i have one but it cannot beat dedicated high-end CDP, i ran Oppo direct and it sounded so so while using Oppo as transport makes little sense since this is DVD drive. Also a good two channel can sound insanely good even with red book plus you have golden master series CDs though they are not cheap and not every music. hdcd can also be very good.
Lee, i tried two channel and loss was apparent, SACD is normally surrond or two channel but i found less appeal on two channel.
I don't know what to say then Gintiras. Most of the SACDs I have are superior to their vinyl counterparts which I also have. The same goes for red book. I'm not the only one who feels this.
That site got a number of DSD format. U must not used the DSD128 as AK120 only support DSD64.
I tried with the first Mozart DSD64 file and there isn't any problem playing.
Really showcases how good DSD can sound...................
I am pretty sure that the AK120 cannot process 5.1 surround?!
Stick with 2 channel................................
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 9 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 55 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design,... 5 minutes ago
- › Aune B1 USA Tour Application thread 6 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 7 minutes ago
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2