- 1,020 Posts. Joined 4/2010
- Location: The Netherlands
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 6/26/15 at 6:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AKT5P Last post on 5/20/15 at 10:17am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
I made a video review of the dt770 80ohm quite sometime ago and was finally finished it. I got them on sale at Guitar Center for $179.99 , the deal was better than anywhere on the web so I...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Westone for providing me with review sample in exchange for my honest opinion....
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 163
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I do and it matches well. The H-200 sound as good as it sound on the AK120 as any other DAPs.
The AK120 (running software 1.0) is really quite the petite performer.
Quite literally a different player if compared to the AK100.
The SQ, tonality and presentation are a significant leap over the AK100.
Very natural sounding with airy and spacious presentation.
All the technicalities are there without anything missing.
Even the prat has improved to the point the gap with DX100 is reduced.
And the bass impact is more apparent than the DX100 (firmware 1.4.2).
Between the DX100 and AK120, taking just performance alone, they're almost identical.
Everything else considered (except price), the AK120 is the clear option for portable music audiophiles.
And the AK120 actually pairs well with the ALO MK3B, everything good about the AK120 is bigger and better.
If they actually do put it out Monday...
Afternoon fellas. I'm having a tagging issue with my AK120 that is driving me nuts!
I have about 200 albums on my device that show up fine in album view, except for 2 that are constantly labeled as just '1'
I use MP3 tag for all my music and they appear to be tagged ok, as far as I can tell.
Does anyone have a clue what might be causing this irritating problem?
Nope, tried that. these two albums are still listed under '1'
I had a similar issue with "1" album. I managed to fix it with factory resetting the ak120 and scanning again.
Really? So the issue for you was with the device itself and not the tags?
Does factory resetting blow away everything on the internal drive?
Is it the 'reset all settings' option, under the advanced menu?
Edited by CraftyClown - 7/14/13 at 5:07am
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › DAC and amplifier options 2 seconds ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 43 seconds ago
- › cables are placebo 58 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II i 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › TTVJAudio new headphone loaner programs 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Sony Mdr-1a vs Mdr-10rbt 3 minutes ago
- › Toys for Boys 3 minutes ago
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › PreSonus HD7 Professional Monitoring Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)