- 913 Posts. Joined 4/2010
- Location: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 11/26/13 at 10:46am in Portable Source Gear
- Getting Around Playlist Limitations in the AK 120 Last post on 12/6/13 at 1:12pm in Portable Source Gear
- Jriver and Astell & Kern AK120 Last post on 12/3/13 at 8:00am in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
First of all, I gave these a 3 star mostly for their price. At about 9 bucks they are about the cheapest headphones around. I mean, who is going to pass up a deal like that. They are dirt cheap and...
Q-audio French Silk Aftermarket Cable for MrSpeakers Alpha Dog INTRODUCTION I have spent a little over two months with the Alpha Dogs and its stock cable. About one month into the journey...
This will be a short synopsis of my findings after a few weeks with these. What they come with: First of all, they are shipped with a good deal of extras, including a longer studio-aimed cord,...
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 163
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I do and it matches well. The H-200 sound as good as it sound on the AK120 as any other DAPs.
The AK120 (running software 1.0) is really quite the petite performer.
Quite literally a different player if compared to the AK100.
The SQ, tonality and presentation are a significant leap over the AK100.
Very natural sounding with airy and spacious presentation.
All the technicalities are there without anything missing.
Even the prat has improved to the point the gap with DX100 is reduced.
And the bass impact is more apparent than the DX100 (firmware 1.4.2).
Between the DX100 and AK120, taking just performance alone, they're almost identical.
Everything else considered (except price), the AK120 is the clear option for portable music audiophiles.
And the AK120 actually pairs well with the ALO MK3B, everything good about the AK120 is bigger and better.
If they actually do put it out Monday...
Afternoon fellas. I'm having a tagging issue with my AK120 that is driving me nuts!
I have about 200 albums on my device that show up fine in album view, except for 2 that are constantly labeled as just '1'
I use MP3 tag for all my music and they appear to be tagged ok, as far as I can tell.
Does anyone have a clue what might be causing this irritating problem?
Nope, tried that. these two albums are still listed under '1'
I had a similar issue with "1" album. I managed to fix it with factory resetting the ak120 and scanning again.
Really? So the issue for you was with the device itself and not the tags?
Does factory resetting blow away everything on the internal drive?
Is it the 'reset all settings' option, under the advanced menu?
Edited by CraftyClown - 7/14/13 at 5:07am
- The Astell & Kern AK120
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 14 seconds ago
- › Best possible audiophile quality headphones for usage with a mobile... 52 seconds ago
- › I have... An Idea!!! 59 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - a review in progress: Factory visit pg 18. IMGS pg... 1 minute ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: B&W P7, PSB M4U2, Momentum, MDR-1R, QC15, DT1350,... 2 minutes ago
- › Xonar Essence + HD600s 2 minutes ago
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi