- 1,017 Posts. Joined 4/2010
- Location: The Netherlands
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:54 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ultrasone performance 880 Last post on 8/10/14 at 10:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 163
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I do and it matches well. The H-200 sound as good as it sound on the AK120 as any other DAPs.
The AK120 (running software 1.0) is really quite the petite performer.
Quite literally a different player if compared to the AK100.
The SQ, tonality and presentation are a significant leap over the AK100.
Very natural sounding with airy and spacious presentation.
All the technicalities are there without anything missing.
Even the prat has improved to the point the gap with DX100 is reduced.
And the bass impact is more apparent than the DX100 (firmware 1.4.2).
Between the DX100 and AK120, taking just performance alone, they're almost identical.
Everything else considered (except price), the AK120 is the clear option for portable music audiophiles.
And the AK120 actually pairs well with the ALO MK3B, everything good about the AK120 is bigger and better.
If they actually do put it out Monday...
Afternoon fellas. I'm having a tagging issue with my AK120 that is driving me nuts!
I have about 200 albums on my device that show up fine in album view, except for 2 that are constantly labeled as just '1'
I use MP3 tag for all my music and they appear to be tagged ok, as far as I can tell.
Does anyone have a clue what might be causing this irritating problem?
Nope, tried that. these two albums are still listed under '1'
I had a similar issue with "1" album. I managed to fix it with factory resetting the ak120 and scanning again.
Really? So the issue for you was with the device itself and not the tags?
Does factory resetting blow away everything on the internal drive?
Is it the 'reset all settings' option, under the advanced menu?
Edited by CraftyClown - 7/14/13 at 5:07am
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › Sansa Clip+ Impressions 8 seconds ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 3 minutes ago
- › Which IEM with no, "For the money" status? 3 minutes ago
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 7 minutes ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 7 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 8 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 12 minutes ago
- › 2014 bay area little big meet impressions 15 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)