How does it even support SACD and DSD anyway? There's no optical player in the thing. Or are we supposed to get a real SACD player and connect it to this to output?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 6/26/15 at 6:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 7:58 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Lotoo PAW 5000 Review by mark2410 Last post on 8/20/15 at 9:06am in Portable Source Gear
- Lotoo PAW 5000 now on Pre-Order From Hifiheadphones.co.uk Last post on 7/20/15 at 6:26am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping Now (in China) Last post on 8/26/15 at 7:34am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Setting buttons easily to get clicked if you hand helding it. USB connection plug or jack is better than mico USB kind. For similar price, there are better, smaller one in the...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 16
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was reading the Engadget posting on the AK120, and they say that DSD will "eventually" be on this player...
I forget if this was settled or not...
I recently compared the UI usability between the AK100 and AK120. The AK120 is so much better now and most of the criticisms has been address:-
- the battery meter is now linear and accurate. Down to where the indicator turns red, there is still a good 2 hours playback before a diagonal line appears on top of the battery meter. At this point, I think it is near the full discharge. I have never run the battery flat, so no idea of how much more playing time when this shows, as I switch off manually at this juncture
- it is much faster to navigate through the the player, as there is now a home button on the playing screen and a back arrow. The home buttons takes you directly to the albums, artists, MQS, etc etc. page. There is also a functions icon here to navigate the set up.
- gapless play works perfectly
- each start up still takes a while
- scanning the files takes about the same amount of time as the AK100. So changing the settings to manual scan is by far better
Wow how much did that baby set you back? ;).
Give it 4-5 days solid playing time...
Out of the box, it is rather disappointing and you will be kicking yourself. I know I did as I was walking out of the the shop and thought $1400 down the drain. However, even after 2-3 hours, the performance already surpasses the AK100
i hope not, I already promised my relatives one of them.... :D
I am really hoping that the Ak120 sound good, not only for the sake of my money but for the sake of my trust to once a great company who gave us the HA120.
Nothing so far, even the HM901 has soundly defeated the HDP-R10 so I feel really good about my purchase.
- The Astell & Kern AK120
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 32 seconds ago
- › WEE - new product from Woo Audio 52 seconds ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought 3 minutes ago
- › ALGIZ and IKIZ = SPECIAL 40% discount 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 6 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 6 minutes ago
- › TTVJAudio new headphone loaner programs 9 minutes ago
- › Should I repair my Beyedynamic DT 770 Pro 80? 12 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 16 minutes ago
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2