Any new models in the works to address these issues?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 11/26/14 at 11:07am in Portable Source Gear
- Headphones for Astell & Kern AK120 Last post on 11/17/14 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/28/14
I am penning down my opinion about the Hidizs AP100 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts to...
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again, small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 141
Gear mentioned in this thread:
A new DAP from HiFiMan?? Are you kidding??
They still haven't released the 'latest' 901. It will be 2020 at least before they have another model....maybe.
Well Grumpy that extra complexity is really not necessary. Ibasso was able to do it from both the internal and external SD card without you having to have all the playlists on the internal memory and would combine them all. But pretty much the current means to get playlists working will be a no go for most users as this will take them too much work for such a simple concept.
I'm afraid I don't really follow this reply. As to Grumpy's reply, what IS the absolute path to use? /SD1/<filename> for the first card, /Music/<filename> for the Internal, etc.?
Edited by nashton - 7/3/13 at 5:30am
Depends on the type of sound you want. But just to name a few:
Ultrasone Signature Pro/DJ
Ultrasone Ed. 8
I want something that sounds like W3000ANV with a big soundstage and comfortable and good sound isolation.Thanks
...... arghhh i hate firmware 1.00 i want separate folder!!!!!!!!!!!
not all song on 1 unknown album those gapless feature + random musik really ruin some song,
especially live song where some track continuation from other track
anyone know how to edit the song so i could separate the song base on genre/artist/albums?
Edited by tresvigint - 7/3/13 at 1:22pm
Actually, if you are going straight out of the HP jack, the ES10 is great, it may even be better than the Ed8(I know blasphemy) due to it being easier to drive. The Ed8 kills it with an amp in line but out of that jack.....toss up maybe, depends on mood.
I would consider the Ed. 8 if you have the cash. They were pretty good, although like Dallan said... they probably will sound their best coupled with an amp. There is also, the Momentum (warm sounding) if they fit your ears.
Edited by Greed - 7/3/13 at 3:38pm
OK - had my AK120 for a few hours now - filled it with HD music - will write my impressions fully in the impressions thread, but in combination with my T5p's I am already blown away.
Something special happening here!
Hi musicday, in my opinion, TH900 sounded the best with AK120. Though isolation is not great, the synergy is fantastic.
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 17 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club 24 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 27 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 46 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 48 seconds ago
- › Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment 59 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Buds for Bassheads:Headbanger Audio Ear Subs Earphones 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 2 minutes ago
- › Thinksound Rain2 to pour in ears soon: Impressions and Discussions... 2 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)