Any new models in the works to address these issues?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 6/26/15 at 6:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:31 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Lotoo PAW 5000 Review by mark2410 Last post on 8/20/15 at 9:06am in Portable Source Gear
- Lotoo PAW 5000 now on Pre-Order From Hifiheadphones.co.uk Last post on 7/20/15 at 6:26am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping Now (in China) Last post on 8/26/15 at 7:34am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
For the price they offer great clarity, but I cannot reccomend these to people who mainly listen to bass heavy music. I still use my UM Pro10's regularly (I also have a pair of Audio Technica...
I have been searching best headphone(for me not for everyone I'm sorry) last half year. Now I found Sennheiser HD600/650 is one of best headphone for classical music and for me. I bought around...
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 141
Gear mentioned in this thread:
A new DAP from HiFiMan?? Are you kidding??
They still haven't released the 'latest' 901. It will be 2020 at least before they have another model....maybe.
Well Grumpy that extra complexity is really not necessary. Ibasso was able to do it from both the internal and external SD card without you having to have all the playlists on the internal memory and would combine them all. But pretty much the current means to get playlists working will be a no go for most users as this will take them too much work for such a simple concept.
I'm afraid I don't really follow this reply. As to Grumpy's reply, what IS the absolute path to use? /SD1/<filename> for the first card, /Music/<filename> for the Internal, etc.?
Edited by nashton - 7/3/13 at 5:30am
Depends on the type of sound you want. But just to name a few:
Ultrasone Signature Pro/DJ
Ultrasone Ed. 8
I want something that sounds like W3000ANV with a big soundstage and comfortable and good sound isolation.Thanks
...... arghhh i hate firmware 1.00 i want separate folder!!!!!!!!!!!
not all song on 1 unknown album those gapless feature + random musik really ruin some song,
especially live song where some track continuation from other track
anyone know how to edit the song so i could separate the song base on genre/artist/albums?
Edited by tresvigint - 7/3/13 at 1:22pm
Actually, if you are going straight out of the HP jack, the ES10 is great, it may even be better than the Ed8(I know blasphemy) due to it being easier to drive. The Ed8 kills it with an amp in line but out of that jack.....toss up maybe, depends on mood.
I would consider the Ed. 8 if you have the cash. They were pretty good, although like Dallan said... they probably will sound their best coupled with an amp. There is also, the Momentum (warm sounding) if they fit your ears.
Edited by Greed - 7/3/13 at 3:38pm
OK - had my AK120 for a few hours now - filled it with HD music - will write my impressions fully in the impressions thread, but in combination with my T5p's I am already blown away.
Something special happening here!
Hi musicday, in my opinion, TH900 sounded the best with AK120. Though isolation is not great, the synergy is fantastic.
- The Astell & Kern AK120
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Aune X1S 32bit DSD DAC worldwide review tour ------reviewers... 30 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 2 minutes ago
- › Westone Sweepstakes Presented by Sonic Electronix! 2 minutes ago
- › What should I use to power my HD650s for PC gaming? 3 minutes ago
- › Anyone know any similar songs, pieces to these, and in what genre... 4 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (August 30, 2015) Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2