Any new models in the works to address these issues?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 6/26/15 at 6:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AKT5P Last post on 5/20/15 at 10:17am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
These were my first pair of cans that I consider my baptism of audiophile stuff. I used them with Fiio E10 as dac and Schiit Asgard as amp. Yes, they sounded good, but not as good as my...
The joys of reviewing a favorite product have eluded yours truly, until the T20 from RHA (Reid & Heath Acoustics) came along, supplied for review by my good friends at Headphone Zone...
A few years back, my family and I underwent a rather large home renovation (including not having a kitchen for 10 weeks; suffice it to say I was sick of take-out food after the summer of 2014). As...
INTRO I purchased these headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and also I wanted to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to headphones...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 141
Gear mentioned in this thread:
A new DAP from HiFiMan?? Are you kidding??
They still haven't released the 'latest' 901. It will be 2020 at least before they have another model....maybe.
Well Grumpy that extra complexity is really not necessary. Ibasso was able to do it from both the internal and external SD card without you having to have all the playlists on the internal memory and would combine them all. But pretty much the current means to get playlists working will be a no go for most users as this will take them too much work for such a simple concept.
I'm afraid I don't really follow this reply. As to Grumpy's reply, what IS the absolute path to use? /SD1/<filename> for the first card, /Music/<filename> for the Internal, etc.?
Edited by nashton - 7/3/13 at 5:30am
Depends on the type of sound you want. But just to name a few:
Ultrasone Signature Pro/DJ
Ultrasone Ed. 8
I want something that sounds like W3000ANV with a big soundstage and comfortable and good sound isolation.Thanks
...... arghhh i hate firmware 1.00 i want separate folder!!!!!!!!!!!
not all song on 1 unknown album those gapless feature + random musik really ruin some song,
especially live song where some track continuation from other track
anyone know how to edit the song so i could separate the song base on genre/artist/albums?
Edited by tresvigint - 7/3/13 at 1:22pm
Actually, if you are going straight out of the HP jack, the ES10 is great, it may even be better than the Ed8(I know blasphemy) due to it being easier to drive. The Ed8 kills it with an amp in line but out of that jack.....toss up maybe, depends on mood.
I would consider the Ed. 8 if you have the cash. They were pretty good, although like Dallan said... they probably will sound their best coupled with an amp. There is also, the Momentum (warm sounding) if they fit your ears.
Edited by Greed - 7/3/13 at 3:38pm
OK - had my AK120 for a few hours now - filled it with HD music - will write my impressions fully in the impressions thread, but in combination with my T5p's I am already blown away.
Something special happening here!
Hi musicday, in my opinion, TH900 sounded the best with AK120. Though isolation is not great, the synergy is fantastic.
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 20 seconds ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › Krell KSA 5 Clone (China) 1 minute ago
- › Help on a Headphone for Rock and Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Playing Blu Ray Music Discs on Computer? 3 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 6 minutes ago
- › Why 24 bit audio and anything over 48k is not only worthless, but... 7 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 8 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3