- 1,136 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: Kent, UK
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 6/26/15 at 6:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 4:58 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Lotoo PAW 5000 Review by mark2410 Last post on 8/20/15 at 9:06am in Portable Source Gear
- Lotoo PAW 5000 now available from Hifiheadphones.co.uk Last post on Today at 7:28 am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions And Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 1:19 pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
To actually be able to wear the G430, I have to actually place the entire right earcup behind my right ear, so I might as well be using a mono headset, it's very uncomfortable to wear normally. Mic...
To put it bluntly, I'm never buying another Logitech headset ever again. Logitech is well aware of the issues that these headsets have, and still continue to produce defective merchandise/software....
Sound Quality Since I do not have another speaker tap to compare I'm not sure how to tackle this as SQ will be highly dependent on whatever amp you pair it with. No noise attributable to...
Introduction: The Aune X1S is a product that has piqued my interest since its release. After getting the chance to hear the B1 amp, Aune was a company I kept my eyes out for. This X1S...
The Introduction Well, lovely citizens of head-fi, I am finally ready to bring you the review of the new T50RP mod by ZMF Headphones, known as the ZMF Omni. It is a semi-open headphone that...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 103
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I need your help!
I was wondering if any of you own or have used the AK120 with the Westone ES5 custume earphones. If yes, please give your impression on this setup. I'm trying to decided between buying the RWAK100 and the AK120 to use with my Weatone.
Do you think the 5 ohm in the AK120 would be an issue with the Westone ES5 20 ohm?
Thank you so much,
FR chart will be effected, wouldn't recommend. However maybe the effect will make the ciems better for your tastes who knows. It is not guarentee that it will sound bad. It is just the FR of ES5 will change but maybe you can even like the new sound.
Let us know how you get on with them, good to have an ever expanding knowledge base.
when did you order? haven't used them myself, but have had a look on their site.
Just sitting listening to https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=catalogdetail&valbum_code=HX090368035769
Binaural Chesky recording...absolutely amazing in full 24 bit format on the AK120...try it for an amazing experience chaps.
Maybe the device will be with me in the next two days? At least I have got a discount.
I purchased mine from Audio Affair. They were in stock at the time and mine arrived the following morning. They were great throughout. I am sure there's nothing sinister to worry about. I'd give them a call tomorrow morning.
Looks like a DISCRETE output section ahead of the DACs. My S:flo2 uses opamps instead. Now, it used to be that CAREFULLY designed discrete sections were the cats meow ... like separate amps and preamps. But then came the super integrated amps that blow away many separates. As I noted earlier, the cheaper DAPs use cheap opamps (or poorly chosen med-price opamps). Mid-price but great OPAs for DAPs, like AD8397, about $2.50/ea., are very nice for LO and HO sections. I'll take this OPA over many discrete sections any day!
Still waitin' on you rich n' "brave" owners to post your innards ;)
- The Astell & Kern AK120
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Westone UM Pro 50 (New and Unused) 51 seconds ago
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 1 minute ago
- › Best Single Driver IEM 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 4 minutes ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › Post your favourite 80s music videos, any genre 9 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet Nov. 7, 2015 9 minutes ago
- › iFi audio iPower - universal Ultra-Low Noise AC/DC adapter 12 minutes ago
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Rolls PM57 Headphone Tap by BeatsWork
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2