- 1,136 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: Kent, UK
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 5/15/15 at 3:28pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AKT5P Last post on 5/20/15 at 10:17am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
Cayin N6 Pros-quality build & sound, UI, neutralish, amp not needed Cons-battery life could be longer, large, gets warm Settings- low gain, soft, no eq. Note: I had an...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 103
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I need your help!
I was wondering if any of you own or have used the AK120 with the Westone ES5 custume earphones. If yes, please give your impression on this setup. I'm trying to decided between buying the RWAK100 and the AK120 to use with my Weatone.
Do you think the 5 ohm in the AK120 would be an issue with the Westone ES5 20 ohm?
Thank you so much,
FR chart will be effected, wouldn't recommend. However maybe the effect will make the ciems better for your tastes who knows. It is not guarentee that it will sound bad. It is just the FR of ES5 will change but maybe you can even like the new sound.
Let us know how you get on with them, good to have an ever expanding knowledge base.
when did you order? haven't used them myself, but have had a look on their site.
Just sitting listening to https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=catalogdetail&valbum_code=HX090368035769
Binaural Chesky recording...absolutely amazing in full 24 bit format on the AK120...try it for an amazing experience chaps.
Maybe the device will be with me in the next two days? At least I have got a discount.
I purchased mine from Audio Affair. They were in stock at the time and mine arrived the following morning. They were great throughout. I am sure there's nothing sinister to worry about. I'd give them a call tomorrow morning.
Looks like a DISCRETE output section ahead of the DACs. My S:flo2 uses opamps instead. Now, it used to be that CAREFULLY designed discrete sections were the cats meow ... like separate amps and preamps. But then came the super integrated amps that blow away many separates. As I noted earlier, the cheaper DAPs use cheap opamps (or poorly chosen med-price opamps). Mid-price but great OPAs for DAPs, like AD8397, about $2.50/ea., are very nice for LO and HO sections. I'll take this OPA over many discrete sections any day!
Still waitin' on you rich n' "brave" owners to post your innards ;)
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › Which AWG for and headphone cable wires ? 1 minute ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 2 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 3 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 6 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 10 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand + Appreciation 10 minutes ago
- › 11th Calgary Head-Fi Meet Sunday May 31st, 2015 at University of... 11 minutes ago
- › Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age 15 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2